Cowboys and CD in dispute over years on contract

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Cowboys probably want 5. I say meet in the middle at 4 and call it a day. CeeDee will still be in his prime when the contract is up and will have another chance to get paid.
which is exactly why Dallas wants a 5 year deal. These negotiations every 4 years are not in a teams best interest.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Y
which is exactly why Dallas wants a 5 year deal. These negotiations every 4 years are not in a teams best interest.
You're probably right about that. I don't know everything that goes into this process. I just have a basic understanding of how contracts and the salary cap work.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Y

You're probably right about that. I don't know everything that goes into this process. I just have a basic understanding of how contracts and the salary cap work.
I'm just speculating, but Dallas would definitely want 5 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You set the example with your best player, otherwise everyone is going to want shorter deals.
What example are you setting? And no one would even want a small deal but an extreme talent. Set an example with other guys but to do it with Lamb is stupid. You can’t let your ego kill you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Treat them like what? Follow the rules set forth and agreed to by th eowners and the union? Contracts ensure fair treatment... thats fair treatment.
Playing hard ball. He wants a four year deal. These aren’t yesterday’s guys. They want to maximize their earnings. He worked his *** off to get this opportunity. Done everything right.

We know they will cave so why drag their feet and piss off a player? Get the deal done and get in camp.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Makes sense...
IF also some performance levels to be met included
“performance levels”, the teams can’t even tell Lamb who the quarterback will be. How about Lamb asks for some language for performance levels for Jerry to meet. Like, I want an all-pro quarterback, and another receiver making at least $25 million AAV. The Cowboys can jam performance levels up their ***.

sbark

Reaction score
“performance levels”, the teams can’t even tell Lamb who the quarterback will be. How about Lamb asks for some language for performance levels for Jerry to meet. Like, I want an all-pro quarterback, and another receiver making at least $25 million AAV. The Cowboys can jam performance levels up their ***.
Life is full of risks
Everyone has some
Ask for 33 million adjusted annually
.....and give up nothing?

Next man up....
Wr pay soon to be like rb
Market is flooded with them

Run rubs& pik play....everone open

That sit on thebench & pout early in G.Bay game was a sign....sign of a quitter

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No matter if Dak is here or not, he will have been the one who really took Jerry to the cleaners with the parameters of his contract.

The big business Tycoon was schooled by Dak and France.....I admire that on a business level
Did he have a choice though? I was more impressed by Zeke and his team lol.

visionary

Reaction score
How i look at it:

We are not signing Dak
This year is garbage and next year will be rebuilding
Trade him if he wants top dollar

shabazz

Reaction score
Did he have a choice though? I was more impressed by Zeke and his team lol.
When Jerry franchised the man 2 seasons in a row he had plenty of time to make choices......I guess Jerry just straight up bought into him at the time with no regrets.

If he had a Lombardi to show for it , it would have been worth it.......but we all know now that Jerry puts relevance and marketing above championships.

To be honest, if Dakota can get top salary, why stay in this circus?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the 3 won’t be signed and CeeDee ain’t one of them….

shabazz

Reaction score
How i look at it:

We are not signing Dak
This year is garbage and next year will be rebuilding
Trade him if he wants top dollar
They would if they could.....each day Dak doesn't sign his price goes up and he'll hit the NFL jackpot.....an unrestricted free agent as a quarteback

It doesn't get any better than that.