Twitter: Cowboys and Dak agent Todd France had conversations on Wed. re: Contract

Adreme

Reaction score
No, that's not exactly right.

Its exactly right and exactly how every other deal has worked. If they were willing to tear up the contract and go to 33m that would basically be like offering him 38 or 39m right now when the highest paid QB was making 35 last offseason. If Dallas was offering the equivalent of that last offseason they are surely offering the same right now and the deal would be already done...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Stephen to Todd France: Hi, Todd -- Nice seeing you again. Is there anything new you'd like to discuss today?

Todd France: It's a good idea but not unless you'd care to make a better offer than you did the last time we met.

Stephen: Well, I've actually been hoping you're prepared to accept that last generous offer you were given by us.

Todd France: Now, Stephen, you know we were at an impasse the last time we met. Anything better than that to offer?

Stephen: No, I've just been hoping to hear something more encouraging from you! Great seeing you, again. Good talk, sir!

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Just an aside. Slightly off topic. Zeke's contract really isn't that bad if he's the player we expect. Dallas can part ways after 2021 and definitely after 2022. It's a bad deal for Jerry's wallet, not the Cowboys. And I don't care about Jerry's wallet.

I agree.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Its exactly right and exactly how every other deal has worked. If they were willing to tear up the contract and go to 33m that would basically be like offering him 38 or 39m right now when the highest paid QB was making 35 last offseason. If Dallas was offering the equivalent of that last offseason they are surely offering the same right now and the deal would be already done...

Read the thread before you post.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking but on a 4 year deal so he could either go in early or on time and look like he honored his deal. I would be so rich right now. These agents are telling players to hold off on surgeries and hold out 2 years early on a rookie deal. And JJ is letting them do this. I would be with another DE and Elliot would either be sitting at home or playing under his rookie deal. The chargers RB tried that crap and they handled it right.

Jerry's an old man desperate to lift the Lombardi one more time. Players/agents are taking advantage of this - Zeke sure did.

Jerry thought he had a SB caliber team last season and wasn't going to waste it with Zeke in Cabo. As with most of Jerry's gambles over the last 20 years it didn't go as he'd hoped.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Jerry's an old man desperate to lift the Lombardi one more time. Players/agents are taking advantage of this - Zeke sure did.

Jerry thought he had a SB caliber team last season and wasn't going to waste it with Zeke in Cabo. As with most of Jerry's gambles over the last 20 years it didn't go as he'd hoped.
It’s so hard to get to the SB. Once you get into the playoffs it’s lose and go home. We played the rams a few years ago and going into the game our Defense was playing well and I actually thought we had a good shot. It was a very disappointing game. We had a good team in 2016. These agents watch and learn. JJ let D-Law and his agent do that and Elliot went for it. I know it’s business but if I were D-Law or Elliot I would have a hard time looking JJ in the eyes after doing it that way. What other players did this type of thing. Dez I think was going to sit out. D-Law refusing shoulder surgery. Elliot holding out in Cabo. Who else.

Proof

Reaction score
you are a Dak apologist . Cannot take the truth . And not intelligent at that . You will get your wish however as the cowboys will keep Dak and meander in medicracy ... enjoy your foolishness:)

I absolutely love the irony in calling someone "not intelligent" and then completely butchering the word mediocrity. Medicracy? that's rich.

your opinions are trash

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I read all 6 (it was 6 at the time) pages before I posted.

Then I don't understand why you posted what you did. You talk about tearing up the contract but that was discussed and there was never any discussion of "tearing up a contract". You throw around numbers that are not even anything I've presented, to my knowledge. If you read it, then how do you explain this?

Adreme

Reaction score
Then I don't understand why you posted what you did.

Because a 4 year deal would be a 4 year extension adding onto the end of his current deal. They would not tear up the current deal meaning if he signed a 4 year deal last year or 4 year deal now it would add the exact same number of years. Now if you say he should have signed a 3 year extension then that is a separate argument, and might be what Dak wants, but to say if he signed a 4 year extension last year he cost himself money makes no sense because it implies that they tore up the previous deal which would also imply they are paying him an extra 30m per and if it is a 4 year deal that would be worlds more.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Because a 4 year deal would be a 4 year extension adding onto the end of his current deal. They would not tear up the current deal meaning if he signed a 4 year deal last year or 4 year deal now it would add the exact same number of years. Now if you say he should have signed a 3 year extension then that is a separate argument, and might be what Dak wants, but to say if he signed a 4 year extension last year he cost himself money makes no sense because it implies that they tore up the previous deal which would also imply they are paying him an extra 30m per and if it is a 4 year deal that would be worlds more.

Again, all of that discussed previously. All of it outlined so there should be no confusion on your part, and yet, your post was completely wrong, completely inaccurate. So now we are here and I'm finding myself having to explain what has already been discussed. So no, you didn't read. Nobody said, tear up a contract except you. Nobody talked about 30 mil or 34 or 37 or 39 or 40, except you. So no, you didn't read.

Please read again.

Adreme

Reaction score
Again, all of that discussed previously. All of it outlined so there should be no confusion on your part, and yet, your post was completely wrong, completely inaccurate. So now we are here and I'm finding myself having to explain what has already been discussed. So no, you didn't read. Nobody said, tear up a contract except you. Nobody talked about 30 mil or 34 or 37 or 39 or 40, except you. So no, you didn't read.

Please read again.

To quote you "Dak lost money by not agreeing to a 4 year deal last offseason." There are ONLY two ways that is true. Either they tear up the current deal and make it a fresh 4 year deal OR its not a 4 year extension but a 3 year extension which is not what you said. When someone said that the 4 year extension would simply add years onto the current deal you said they were wrong but they were right. If you are talking about a 3 year extension that is an entirely separate contract, but you said 4. So are they tearing up the current deal in your scenario or is it not a 4 year extension? Or is it option C where Dak lost no money whatsoever doing it his way.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
To quote you "Dak lost money by not agreeing to a 4 year deal last offseason." There are ONLY two ways that is true. Either they tear up the current deal and make it a fresh 4 year deal OR its not a 4 year extension but a 3 year extension which is not what you said. When someone said that the 4 year extension would simply add years onto the current deal you said they were wrong but they were right. If you are talking about a 3 year extension that is an entirely separate contract, but you said 4. So are they tearing up the current deal in your scenario or is it not a 4 year extension? Or is it option C where Dak lost no money whatsoever doing it his way.

Which post did I say last season in please. They are numbered so all you have to do is post the number of the post you are referring to.

Thank you.