Twitter: Cowboys and Dak agent Todd France had conversations on Wed. re: Contract

Kaiser

Reaction score
They settle on 34.5-36 per year, 5 years (split what Dak wants 4, team 6), 115 mil guaranteed, gets him above Goff and Wentz where he belongs and keeps him in top 5 area when the upcoming deals happen.

I think it will be something along those lines but the money will be back loaded like Zeke's deal was.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Not myth...fact!

No these are the facts:
Same BS argument. Dak plays well and it is the surrounding talent. Wentz has a premiere OL, an effective running game, backs who make plays in the passing game, WRs who win 50/50 throws, and the best TE duo in the NFL. He has also had a defense that gets turnovers, scores themselves, and a top tier special teams unit to help.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I have no problem saying other players are better. Wentz isn’t definitively better than Dak though. The truth is they are right around the same level overall.
Dak has better stats, more wins, and has not missed a game. He has also won without anywhere as good of a defense (turnovers created) and special teams. OL's are equal, we have the best individual RB and WR, but for their scheme they have had very effective groups of backs and WR. Their TE situation is the best in the NFL. I'd say Dak is better, and all phases considered, surrounding talent is even and may even favor Philly.

Last edited:

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tell Maliek Collins to kick rocks

Danny Shelton (NE), Jordan Phillips (BUF), Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), Michael Pierce (BAL) are all rated higher than him by a signficant margin, can actually play against the run, and there all going to be in the price range his agent wants

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak has better stats, more wins, and has not missed a game. He has also won without anywhere as good of a defense (turnovers created) and special teams. OL's are equal, we have the best individual RB and WR, but for their scheme they have had very effective groups of backs and WR. Their TE situation is the best in the NFL. I'd say Dak is better, and all phases considered, surrounding talent is even and may even favor Philly.

I do hear what you’re saying. Believe me. I am being pragmatic. I do think Wentz gets the edge on pure physical talent. But you’re right about a lot of things.

The eagles receiving Corp was in shambles last year due to injury. But they did have a good running attack, great tight ends, and let’s face facts, Doug Pederson is a way way wayyyy better coach than Garrett. All those things certainly help Wentz. No doubt about it. Supporting casts in 2017 and 2018? The eagles was definitely just as good, if not better than the cowboys. No question about it.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak has better stats, more wins, and has not missed a game. He has also won without any
where as good of a defense (turnovers created) and special teams. OL's are equal, we have the best individual RB and WR, but for their scheme they have had very effective groups of backs and WR. Their TE situation is the best in the NFL. I'd say Dak is better, and all phases considered, surrounding talent is even and may even favor Philly.

Dak is not better . Last season he had better OL , WR and RB than wentz , and some will argue Dallas had the better Defense .
The bottom line, in the crucial last game , wentz played better .
But the main argument here is not Dak vs Wntz . It is that the cowboys probably will never win a SB with a mediocre but very expensive QB like Dak . He wants to get paid #1 or #2 in all of football . This will leave the cowboys short In so many verticals . The cowboys are better off with a fresh start with a free agent like Brady , stafford or from a QB at the draft .

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Yep and it’s gonna be the 4 year deal JJ don’t want. Unless he ponies up a little more money for a 5 year deal. In my mind Dak has already cost himself money by not signing the contract last year. If he signed a 4 year deal last year at 30-32 he would be going into his second year and would be able to cash in again in a few years. Would have gotten 100+ guaranteed and a fat signing bonus last year.

That isn't how it works. Any contract Dak would have signed would have been added to the end of his current deal. He didn't "lose". $30 million.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Dak is not better . Last season he had better OL , WR and RB than wentz , and some will argue Dallas had the better Defense .
But the main argument here is not Dak vs Wntz . It is that the cowboys probably will never win a SB with a mediocre but very expensive QB like Dak . He wants to get paid #1 or #2 in all of football . This will leave the cowboys short In so many verticals . The cowboys are better off with a fresh start with a free agent like Brady , stafford or from a QB at the draft .
I learned long ago do not argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Daillest88

Reaction score
How many playoff games has wentz won? Asking for a friend.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Same BS argument. Dak plays well and it is the surrounding talent. Wentz has a premiere OL, an effective running game, backs who make plays in the passing game, WRs who win 50/50 throws, and the best TE duo in the NFL. He has also had a defense that gets turnovers, scores themselves, and a top tier special teams unit to help.

Wentz had a damn team that went to and won the SB without him...then the next season, after almost missing the playoffs with Wentz after losing to Dak AGAIN, the Eagles make the switch at QB, and make another mini-run...But Wentz has no help.

These "Cowboy fans" that ride Wentz really need to go follow the Eagles and stop polluting the board with their moronic BS.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Wentz had a damn team that went to and won the SB without him...then the next season, after almost missing the playoffs with Wentz after losing to Dak AGAIN, the Eagles make the switch at QB, and make another mini-run...But Wentz has no help.

These "Cowboy fans" that ride Wentz really need to go follow the Eagles and stop polluting the board with their moronic BS.
What is worse is you talk about injuries, bad defense and special teams having an impact on Dallas winning or losing and they scream about making excuses.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I have no problem saying other players are better. Wentz isn’t definitively better than Dak though. The truth is they are right around the same level overall.

Which is sad given that one was the second overall pick and the other was a throw-away 4th rounder in the same draft. Could you imagine the nonsense this board would say about Dak if his draft rival had a winning record against him and was considered -- at worst -- on par with him...and considering what the Cowboys have paid in salary for Dak...and the two monster contracts that Wentz already has? These idiots would march on the Cowboys' HQ.

basel90

Reaction score
I learned long ago do not argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
you are a Dak apologist . Cannot take the truth . And not intelligent at that . You will get your wish however as the cowboys will keep Dak and meander in medicracy ... enjoy your foolishness:)

glimmerman

Reaction score
That isn't how it works. Any contract Dak would have signed would have been added to the end of his current deal. He didn't "lose". $30 million.
But wouldn’t he still be up a considerable amount of money had he signed before last season. Signing bonus and first year of paychecks. It would be considered a extension. Or could they just do it as a new contract.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wentz is more talented and has a higher ceiling than Dak. At this point both QBs are close but Wentz has shown more ability to go on the road and beat good defense. He beat the Jets, Bills, Bears, Packers. Yeah he had some bad losses too against Miami and Detroit. But what he brings to the table that Dak doesnt is he is able to win without stars around him. He beat us without Ertz and had WRs off the street. MIles Sanders looks so good because he constantly hits him in stride on screen passes and wheel routes. Defenses cant just come up and play the run and stop the pass because he will shred a defense over the middle of the field. Wentz has never lost to the Rams. Just watching some of the throws he makes Dak doesnt even attempt. Wentz recovering from injuries and to come back early has slowed his development. I only hope the Eagles dont draft Henry Ruggs because he would be the deep threat that would really help Wentz shine.
Dak and his fans wont like hearing this but its a reality and thats why Wentz has been paid and Dak has not. And dont sleep on Daniel Jones, he is already showing a higher TD completion percentage inside the 20 and 10 in the redzone.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wentz is more talented and has a higher ceiling than Dak. At this point both QBs are close but Wentz has shown more ability to go on the road and beat good defense. He beat the Jets, Bills, Bears, Packers. Yeah he had some bad losses too against Miami and Detroit. But what he brings to the table that Dak doesnt is he is able to win without stars around him. He beat us without Ertz and had WRs off the street. MIles Sanders looks so good because he constantly hits him in stride on screen passes and wheel routes. Defenses cant just come up and play the run and stop the pass because he will shred a defense over the middle of the field. Wentz has never lost to the Rams. Just watching some of the throws he makes Dak doesnt even attempt. Wentz recovering from injuries and to come back early has slowed his development. I only hope the Eagles dont draft Henry Ruggs because he would be the deep threat that would really help Wentz shine.
Dak and his fans wont like hearing this but its a reality and thats why Wentz has been paid and Dak has not. And dont sleep on Daniel Jones, he is already showing a higher TD completion percentage inside the 20 and 10 in the redzone.
I think we will see a tag used on Dak and with MM as coach we will see a different scheme. Let’s see what Dak can do. Again. I haven’t seen a QB have to prove himself so many times. And I am not a Dak lover or hater. IMO wentz better be putting up stats because he was drafted so high. Same with goff.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think we will see a tag used on Dak and with MM as coach we will see a different scheme. Let’s see what Dak can do. Again. I haven’t seen a QB have to prove himself so many times. And I am not a Dak lover or hater. IMO wentz better be putting up stats because he was drafted so high. Same with goff.
I think he gets the tag for sure but I dont like the way this is all playing out. What bothers me the most is it appears he received a very fair offer.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think he gets the tag for sure but I dont like the way this is all playing out. What bothers me the most is it appears he received a very fair offer.
Am thinking the money is worked out. It’s the length of the contract. Dak wants to cash in again after a few years. He and or his agent is getting greedy. I mean come on your gonna get a guaranteed 100 million plus. That’s a lot of cheddar. And you will see me turn on Dak real quick if he is tagged and stops using his legs to run the ball because he don’t want to get injured. When the money changes the way you play the game and if effects the team then it’s wrong.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
But wouldn’t he still be up a considerable amount of money had he signed before last season. Signing bonus and first year of paychecks. It would be considered a extension. Or could they just do it as a new contract.

He would get his signing bonus earlier but all things being equal he could get the same signing bonus now. As far as game checks he still would have made his $2 millionI am not sure if it is technically possible for the Cowboys to scratch the old contract but that hasn't happened with any extension that I'm aware of (especially at qb). It would make no sense for the team to do that when their starting qb counts $2 million against the cap.