Cowboys and Earl Thomas to Meet in Next 48Hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I just hope that we don’t overplay our hand here. There’s a very good chance next Monday morning we’re all gonna be clamoring for us to bring in a safety.

Lets just hope he’s still available after the position gets exposed.

Jipper

Reaction score
Still doesnt mean he wont expect or demand bonus money or a multi year deal.

He doesnt HAVE to sign a one year deal w no bonus just because week one went by.

Yup you are right, but bc week one went by it’s not automatic guaranteed...so he has even less leverage

bottom line is does he want to play, and it it so how bad?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Hmm, it's almost as if what was reported was just what someone thought ot heard, and not confirmed fact.

Kind of like a rumor.

Shoddy reporting or some such.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hmm, it's almost as if what was reported was just what someone thought ot heard, and not confirmed fact.

Kind of like a rumor.

It’s possible that someone said ex-Baltimore safety coming to Dallas for a look... and the guy assumed it was Earl when it was really Carr. Or he could have just been mislead.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yup you are right, but bc week one went by it’s not automatic guaranteed...so he has even less leverage

bottom line is does he want to play, and it it so how bad?
Yep.

Also really comes down to who else is willing to offer him what.

That's where he will go. If all else is equal I'd figure him to pick Dallas....if they want him.

I'd guess Jerry wants him but under the right terms, and Thomas isnt there yet.

I'm personally still on the fence as to if I want to see this happen, with a lean toward yes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say a very big part of them looking to get out of the contract was realizing what a mistake it was.

I was STUNNED at that deal.

If he was signed to a more reasonable deal, and/or didnt drop off on the field at least a little, I bet they would have found a way to forgive the incident.

Let's say Lamar Jackson pulled the same thing. He would have been forgiven.

I was stunned as well. And very glad it wasn’t us.

I’d say his release was a combination of factors. Cost, attitude, quality of play.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I was stunned as well. And very glad it wasn’t us.

I’d say his release was a combination of factors. Cost, attitude, quality of play.
Yep, so if he still wants big money he can forget it.

He may sit out thinking he deserves to have what he lost replaced at full value.

Again though, all it takes is one team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'd say a very big part of them looking to get out of the contract was realizing what a mistake it was.

I was STUNNED at that deal.

If he was signed to a more reasonable deal, and/or didnt drop off on the field at least a little, I bet they would have found a way to forgive the incident.

Let's say Lamar Jackson pulled the same thing. He would have been forgiven.

It wasn't an "incident" - it was a pattern of behavior. Missed meetings, late to meetings, alienating his teammates - the "incident' was just icing on the cake.

They overpaid him as well. That alone gets you a shorter leash as an older player. There's no comparison whatsoever to a young, starting QB.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm starting to run out of Groundhog Day gifs about ET threads over the years. So...

9XVG.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, so if he still wants big money he can forget it.

He may sit out thinking he deserves to have what he lost replaced at full value.

Again though, all it takes is one team.

I'm not seeing that "one team" showing up so far.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
It wasn't an "incident" - it was a pattern of behavior. Missed meetings, late to meetings, alienating his teammates - the "incident' was just icing on the cake.

They overpaid him as well. That alone gets you a shorter leash as an older player.

This.

pansophy

Reaction score
If I were to bet I’d say this is ET’s team blowing smoke hoping to create a market for him before week 1. One could argue that’s what he has done since telling Garret to come get him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Kind of like a rumor.

Of course, I’m your simple binary mind only two scenarios exist. The possibility of them having talked and nothing come about or even rescheduling is not a possibility.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I was listening to Jeff Cavanaugh yesterday and he doubled down on the original tweet that started all of this and noted that there is a real scoop there.

Also said it's making national insiders crazy.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Maybe him and Jerry met up last night and are still out.

Very possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.