Cowboys and Earl Thomas to Meet in Next 48Hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's perfect.. If he wants in the league he will know he has to walk a fine line.

The guy was in the league for so long and we never heard a peep until he told Garrett come get me.. It's been kind of down hill from there for him.

Adding Earl to this team is huge and people thinking a 31 year old HOF safety is washed up is a joke. He's probably got 4 quality years left in him as most guys with his pedigree do.

Ed Reed, a similar player, played well into his 30's and we didn't see a real dip until Houston picked him up at age 35 or 36.
Agreed. If he comes in and is a model teammate, he still has a lot of money to make.

If he comes here and similar happens...he is likely done in the league entirely.

If our S situation wasnt that atrocious, I'd lean toward maybe not, but its gonna get REAL frustrating really quickly back there when we have a team to contend if not for a glaring hole on the last line of defense.

aria

Reaction score
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper Bowl! Quadrupling down on my bet if he signs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Agreed. If he comes in and is a model teammate, he still has a lot of money to make.

If he comes here and similar happens...he is likely done in the league entirely.

If our S situation wasnt that atrocious, I'd lean toward maybe not, but its gonna get REAL frustrating really quickly back there when we have a team to contend if not for a glaring hole on the last line of defense.

ET made $22M last year. I don't think the money is that big of a deal with him now as much as trying to clean up his legacy or the damage done with the Ravens. It's why I'm almost 100% confident, we won't have to worry about all the issues he had with the Ravens.

Jipper

Reaction score
Though you are 1000% correct to have a "whatever attitude" towards this tweet.

I got tired of the Earl to Dallas situation 10mins after his post game lockerroom visit in 2018
:facepalm:

ha yup, I am ready for it to be done honestly at this point

fivetwos

Reaction score
Same for me, on the fence, but just about to go over instead of falling back. Not quite 60 / 40 yet.

I will not complain if signed, actually will probably feel better. But if not signed, will go into the season felling, oh, boy, hope our S's do ok. But will not be upset either. :laugh:
I feel exactly the same. Funny I was gonna use I went from 40/60 no to 60/40 yes.

All that says is fine either way.

I could see me being surprised and the secondary ok as is, and I can also see it exposed badly vs Rams....in that case ET price went up.

At this point I think he is coming here though one way or another.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Will Jerry send a plane to pick up Thomas so that the prophecy will be fulfilled to "come get" him?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m not 100% sure I trust Slater on this. She was pretty locked in hed sign here before randomly signing in Baltimore
Jerry probably wanted him badly.

Then Baltimore paid him in a way that was one of the most ridiculously overpaid contracts I can recall ever being out to anyone.

Jipper

Reaction score
Honestly makes sense to wait him out until after the first week....unless they get him super cheap

Sydla

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to think. My heart wants him and believes he'll be a good soldier here.................. but head tells me he was on a SB caliber team in Baltimore and making a ton of money and couldn't stop himself from being a total d-bag and pissing off pretty much the entire team.

Why would he act differently in Dallas? I'd keep him on the burner, I guess, but I might wait to see who gets cut first.

Status
Not open for further replies.