Cowboys and Earl Thomas to Meet in Next 48Hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jipper

Reaction score
This is an unwise assumption because this type of logic can be applied to many players who keep finding themselves bouncing around or in and out of the league. Josh Gordon could have been one of the best WRs in football and yet he can't keep his crap straight.

maybe not applies to everyone but definitely a fair consideration....what more could a player dream to accomplish than what he has? Seems pretty much like he has checked all the boxes except the hot one.

Jipper

Reaction score
why did the frog think the scorpion wouldn't sting him.

well maybe the frog should have put on some armor to protect himself in case the scorpion turned out to be an awesome person

cern

Reaction score
well maybe the frog should have put on some armor to protect himself in case the scorpion turned out to be an awesome person
lol. or just avoided the problem altogether in the first place.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's perfect.. If he wants in the league he will know he has to walk a fine line.

The guy was in the league for so long and we never heard a peep until he told Garrett come get me.. It's been kind of down hill from there for him.

Adding Earl to this team is huge and people thinking a 31 year old HOF safety is washed up is a joke. He's probably got 4 quality years left in him as most guys with his pedigree do.

Ed Reed, a similar player, played well into his 30's and we didn't see a real dip until Houston picked him up at age 35 or 36.
I would pay him the money, but ET would need to be willing to sign a contract Laden with opt outs.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
why did the frog think the scorpion wouldn't sting him.
I usually think the same thing in this situation. There's a lot of NFL players (and DC players) in the past to use in that example, however I think this situation is a little different. ET has been a great/proven player in the league for several years with no or off field issues. He got jolted by the hags and injured on top of that which probably the worst timing possible for him. I'm not sure what caused his disgruntlement in Balt however he's always been pushing to be a DC. At least give it a look. Give him a chance to explain himself behind closed doors and if you smell bad blood, move on.

conner01

Reaction score
Locker room cancer. Huge mistake.
I don’t think the benefit out weighs the risks
And I think he’s a great player
But if you look at all that’s gone on with him it’s much more than a camp fight
It’s extremely unstable and disruptive behavior
And a team took a massive cap hit to get rid of him
That’s about as big a red flag as you can get

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Turner is not one to float nonsense for clicks. I believe his source told him this. Doesn't mean it will happen. We'll see...
And that's why he has been kind of wishy washy. He's being told it's happening (the meeting) but he knows they still may not sign him. So he's hedging a little.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
yup....just lots of speculation going on out there....no reason to get excited until a credible source states an official visit is scheduled

Did we get word of an official visit with Griffen? Why are people in here so afraid of getting their hearts broken over this? Lol. Same with the fearmongers talking about team chemistry, etc. If he doesn't fit then you move to quit (release him - but that other part rhymed).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
My gosh, I thought your brand of inanity was confined to you campaign of misinformation in the other forum; I see it knows no bounds.
No misinformation from me. You have me confused with a few of the others, and yourself, perhaps.

What exactly about my post was misinformation? It was 100% factual. He admits he doesn't know. It's right there for everyone, INCLUDING YOU, to read. It's his own freaking words.

Status
Not open for further replies.