Signed by Cowboys Cowboys and Martin reach deal. Zack Martin ends holdout

JayFord

Reaction score
im sorry

are some of yall upset we paid the BEST member of our offense?

our skill players aint doing jack squat unless Martin does his job and Martin can play both guard and tackle at a elite level

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
He is getting about 8 million a year raise. Does any one actually believe any business that this is a decision made today, last week, last month ?

What a gullible Breed

manster4ever

Reaction score
of course. never was a doubt in my mind he'd be in the fold before Week 1.
My thoughts exactly JK19....he's the best overall football player from his draft: 2012 I believe and probably the 2nd best player on our team behind Parsons...he's a MUST and also the best Guard in the league or one of them. I lost NO sleep over it....Jethro and his puke kid stepped up cuz they had to. Congrats Zack.

plasticman

Reaction score
No player is going to leave the team at this particular point in order to hold out for a better contract.

Which player/players, not already noted by Jones himself, is indispensable enough to hold out before the beginning on next year's training camp?

Jones has already acknowledged the need to sign Parsons, Lamb and Diggs while extending Dak.

Is there anybody else left who can create stress if they hold out?

Jerry Jones is not creating a trend.

stiletto

Reaction score
No player is going to leave the team at this particular point in order to hold out for a better contract.

Which player/players, not already noted by Jones himself, is indispensable enough to hold out before the beginning on next year's training camp?

Jones has already acknowledged the need to sign Parsons, Lamb and Diggs while extending Dak.

Is there anybody else left who can create stress if they hold out?

Jerry Jones is not creating a trend.

Zach got what he wanted. Jerry was just posturing. He had no choice. They should've drafted a first round OL upgrade if they didn't want that to happen....

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am still wringing my hands over the salary cap implications...
John, I'd like for you, if you would indulge me, to explain why you are worried about the cap.

The team never actually pays top dollar for free agents. Jerry and Stephen use NFL coupons and shop the cast offs bins of other teams to the point suggesting if they had more money, the implication would suggest they would change their tactics/cheapness.

So what about the cap's current state of affairs leads you to believe they will not have enough money to throw it at whomever they want to sign that fits within their miserly posture?

If you were being sarcastic then, mea culpa, and well played.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He is getting about 8 million a year raise. Does any one actually believe any business that this is a decision made today, last week, last month ?

What a gullible Breed
More like $4 million a year raise. He's been averaging $14 million. (You also need to subtract a $1 million in fines)

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
More like $4 million a year raise. He's been averaging $14 million. (You also need to subtract a $1 million in fines)
Yeah ok on the numbers but point is you don't just reach in to Petty Cash and snatch out 4 million dollars. This was planned all along . Zack tweeted earlier that he'd see Tyron soon

That's all I'm saying

stiletto

Reaction score
I am still wringing my hands over the salary cap implications...

Peanuts in the big scope of it. Salary cap will go up way more than his raise next season. Premier player, captain of the OL. 3-5 years still left, probably. Dude is an anchor, a top G. If the Cowboys didn't want that to happen, they should've take the top G in the draft. They had every chance to. They didn't do it, miscalculation. If Mazi ends up a bust, they'll hate that worse than paying Zach.