Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
The first three years average $42 million per year, per Adam Schefter of ESPN, and includes $66 million to sign and $75 million in year one, the most in NFL history.

How does the 75 Million in year one work.....some are posting a year one cap hit of 22.5mil....

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I like Dak as our QB, BUT.... Really bad move to pay that much for a guy with a dislocated ankle and a compound fracture. Holy Cow!

Now that Dak has all that cash, spend the rest of the Cap on defense. Lets see how good he is without some of the talent he has on offense.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well, I'd try to replace Williams in the draft if I can. Gregory shouldn't cost much. Gallup is the only one on that list that's going to be expensive imo, and he's another one that shouldn't be hard to replace in the draft.

LOL, it's not that easy to get a WR like that in the 3rd round. Only Pittsburgh is allowed to find great WRs in the 2nd round and later. :)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with hating Dak.. I like Dak.. I just understand that the contract was about relevancy and Dallas signed away any chance to field a title contender.

What's done is done but it surely won't stop the squealing, that's for sure. I just want to see if any of the deniers now try to spin their stances. Lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
The first three years average $42 million per year, per Adam Schefter of ESPN, and includes $66 million to sign and $75 million in year one, the most in NFL history.

How does the 75 Million in year one work.....some are posting a year one cap hit of 22.5mil....

66 mil singing bonus. 9 mil base salary.

When they say 75 mil year one. They mean how much money Dak will pocket. Not the cap hit.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am glad it is done so the team can focus on other things.

As fans I think we get too wrapped up in the salary CAP

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well thank you brethren :D I got to about the end of your first sentence before the steam started coming out of the ears. 90 plus 5 and carry the what? :laugh: But appr the last sentence, whew when I first saw 42.5M avg, I spit out my drink tbh :muttley: Russel Wilson gets 35M avg, wth is going on here
I hope it wasn't a good drink!

Flamma

Reaction score
They will restructure.. They’re idiots.

Dallas hasn't been able to put a solid team together since 2007. They focus mainly on offense. Dallas came close in 2018 with defense, but that wore off quickly.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Has to be a sign and trade.

Hope springs eternal.

After Jerry caved to Zeke, anyone who thought this wasn't going to happen was kidding themselves. The old man held out as long as he could but it was always going to end this way. Take solace in the likelihood they weren't going to put together a championship team anyway, with or without Dak.

Flamma

Reaction score
Daks cap hit is 22.5m next year...if you can't win w that number, there is no helping you

That's a great number, Dallas just doesn't have the talent right now to win next year.