Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Gallup, LVE, Connor Williams, Gregory, several others as well. Pretty much anyone still here from the 2018 draft. Are they going to replace them with all rookies over the next 2 years? I really don't know.

Gallup and maybe Gregory are the only 2 I'd resign atm, and maybe Williams. LVE I wouldn't keep. Plus, if we load up in FA and the draft, those won't matter too much.

J12B

Reaction score
What they did, if they did it, is add a voidable year. It allows the team to spread out the signing bonus over 5 years instead of 4. I'm not sure why they would have two voidable years since the max to spread out bonus is 5. It won't be more than 160, you'll just have dead money at the end.

Oh gotcha. Thanks for that explanation. Seems like that is what the Eagles did with a few of their players like Jeffery and Jackson

DFWJC

Reaction score
During the duration of the contract, Dak will actually make more than Mahomes.
:omg:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL officially gives wins and losses to whichever QB starts a game. It's not fair, but it's true.

For example, in 1995 Troy Aikman threw three passes against the Commanders and left in the first quarter with a calf injury. Even though he hardly played, that game remains a loss in Aikman's career statistics.

Because he started the game.

This is the most laughable defense of frantically trying to pad this loser's record. He played 4 full games and went 1-3. You don't leave a close game in the 3rd quarter and win anything.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I swear, I think all of the indecision on Dak and his contract situation helped the team breakdown last year. I think things like that (with the leader of your team) can help derail an entire season.

Very glad it is settled and all the players can stop answering questions and just get ready to play.

John813

Reaction score
So what this 5th and 6th year option I’m hearing?

Void years. To artificially lower his cap hits. Dak still gets paid now but Dallas gets to spread out that big bonus over a longer term cap wise.

As of now the 5th year is the only one that takes any cap hit from his signing bonus

Details aren't fully out yet

HungryLion

Reaction score
So what this 5th and 6th year option I’m hearing?

Haven’t seen full details.

but I’m sure they are options that the player can void. Thereby making it just a 4 year deal BUT the signing bonus can be spread over 6 years instead of 4. Which lowers the cap
Hit by about 5.5 mil per season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Because he started the game.

This is the most laughable defense of frantically trying to pad this loser's record. He played 4 full games and went 1-3. You don't leave a close game in the 3rd quarter and win anything.

I agree, it's laughable. The NFL needs to do what MLB does with pitchers when handing out wins and losses.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The no tag clause is the biggest deal in this contract for Dak. It basically gives him 100% of leverage when the next contract comes up because he is free to walk if they dont meet his number.

The No Trade is even bigger. Handcuffs the Cowboys ability to replace Dak. Sure, we could find a QB, but we'd still be paying Dak.