Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Who needs 126 million unless they are going to finish their career as just a head resting on a table getting spoon fed ?

superonyx

Reaction score
Who decided not to sign him with years left on his deal? Jerry Jones. Go back and read my post. I'm not mad at Dak as much as I am mad at Jerry. I'll say it again. I'm not mad at Dak for getting what he wanted. If you can get, get it. I'm mad that Jerry caved, AGAIN, just like Jerry caved in with Elliot, DLaw, and the rest of the bad contracts he has given. He caves all the time to his players and enables them and that's why we have sucked for 25 years, and we will continue to suck for the next 4 years with Jerry running the show.

It doesn't matter if Dak is talented or not. Aikman was talented, Romo was talented, Dak is talented. And Dak's talent will be wasted here, as usual. Jerry has put together below average teams the last 25 years and Jerry will surround Dak with below average talent and we will suck. Elliott and DLaw and now Dak, the player completely took it to Jerry on the contract issue when I don't see how we are better or worse with them.

I'm all for Dak getting his money, I thought I made that part clear, I'm concerned that Jerry can not grow a spine and make the hard decisions it takes to run a successful franchise. And I'm basing that off of 25 years of Jerry doing it his way.
In my opinion the reason Jerry can't win is not based on his contract negotiation skills. It's because he needs the credit for winning and won't let his coach have the authority and respect of the team. Mike McCarthy instead of Urban Meyer type of crap. Jason Garrett instead of Harbaugh.

Jerry got out ahead of the Jaylon contract. Maybe too far ahead but its not just Jerry evaluating these players.
The reality is our cap situation is not why we are or will not win.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well in fairness, Kellen Moore will probably be the next franchise HC, just like Garrett.

I can only coach them up so much.....they either learn to swim....and figure it out. Or they become Presgoats. Go figure. :rolleyes:

khiladi

Reaction score
If you know what is going on, you are "paying" for the entertainment somehow. Don't be a hypocrite.

Where did I deny a ‘paid’ for product? If somebody is going to act like they influence Jerry Jones in his decisions more than I do, because they pay for tickets and merchandise, than I very well can bring up this person actually wasting money on a product while Jerry continues to make dumb decisions as nonsensical.

Your comment makes zero sense.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yep, which is why I am going to enjoy laughing. I didn’t think Jerry could top the Jason Garrett, 10 year Tom Landry experiment, followed by the benching of Romo with a complete roster, only to see what may go down as the absolute worst decision of GM-ship in history, with a NO TRADE CLAUSE to boot.

That complete roster that couldn't stop Rodgers if their life depended on it? Yeah, okay.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry the simp....no way this team builds a competitive defense now....25 more years of mediocrity to enjoy

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
10th????? The guy is backup material.....and now with a bum leg.....you got Jaylon Smith playing QB. You all assume he is gonna be the old Dak.

You all are gonna be in for a rude awakening....when the bill comes due....and we have no money....and still need a QB. :popcorn:
Dude, Jaylon had nerve damage. Daks is completely different. I guess you don't let little things like facts, stats, or the truth get in your way huh? Lol...

khiladi

Reaction score
That complete roster that couldn't stop Rodgers if their life depended on it? Yeah, okay.

A GB defense that was allowing 400 yards regularly going into the playoffs and had backup CBs off the street. A team that got destroyed by the Falcons the next week to the point Rodgers with the ball on the last drive was meaningless. Dez had the best game of his life against that garbage secondary and they ended up releasing him.

stiletto

Reaction score
Where did I deny a ‘paid’ for product? If somebody is going to act like they influence Jerry Jones in his decisions more than I do, because they pay for tickets and merchandise, than I very well can bring up this person actually wasting money on a product while Jerry continues to make dumb decisions as nonsensical.

Your comment makes zero sense.

This is your quote dummy:

And I don’t pay to still be entertained bruh.

I am saying You ARE always paying for your entertainment and to follow the Cowboys, scoffing it off like you don't really care is what is laughable. You care about the Cowboys...don't lie. you just don't like the current outcome.

basel90

Reaction score
Just because you don't understand any of these players contracts and team options doesnt mean the team doesnt.

This notion that we are screwed and wont have money to spend is just not accurate.

Our problem is more that we won't spend the money even if we had it on certain positions. (Remember Eric Weddle for 5m? Went to 3 probowls after we let him leave without a deal)
So you agree to pay Dak 42 mil ?
What is it that I don’t understand? I gave you numbers , real numbers .
To your point , no one said Jerry was a good GM.

kumizi

Reaction score
Such a weird feeling as a fan. It'll be nice to not be in QB hell but the dipshits that run this team couldnt make it a contender when he was making $1 million a year.

Happy for Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is your quote dummy:

I am saying You ARE always paying for your entertainment and to follow the Cowboys, scoffing it off like you don't really care is what is laughable. You care about the Cowboys...don't lie. you just don't like the current outcome.

No, what I actually said was:

So you paying Jerry an arm and a leg for a mediocre product means you influence this organization’s personnel decisions.. wow bruh..

That’s when I made the following statement about not paying for the entertainment, meaning it has a specific context. Like I said, your comment makes zero sense.