Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like I replied to somebody else, the Dak deal tells me the Cowboys are in "win now" mode. Hopefully they aren't setting themselves up for cap hell in the future. But by the time Dak's contract is up the team will probably be free of Zeke, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Amari Cooper's deals to help make up for any dead money from restructures (sorry if I'm not making sense).
You are making sense. Cap will also go up significantly

Blackspider214

Reaction score
R.I.P. Dallas Cowboys.
26 Years of misery just became 30.
To all my buds here GL it's been fun.
TV4W6O4IEWT2DTCDH6D22EKWJA.jpg

Does this mean you won't post any more on here and will go find another team? Great! Because your posts are god awful.

stiletto

Reaction score
That's our best case scenario.

Will you commit Seppuku if Dak wins Dallas a Super Bowl? Doubt it. I want a Seppuku crew. Haters who will adhere to the ultimate shame if they are wrong. GUARANTEE everyone here who is FoS would never think about it. Best be glad you live in this country fools..Least honorable M'fers I've ever seen posting here....Never sacrificed anything. Pack of nerd losers. Risen, the LEADER of P's....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't like the no trade. Constrains the Cowboys in looking for a replacement. Yeah, they can draft whoever they want, but they can't unload Dak and his contract if they find a starting quality QB, so finding someone is less valuable, and therefore less likely to be done.

They've kicked the can down the road, and will be in a worse no option scenario 4 years from now.

Having said that, the money is fine to me. Getting Dak to sign *prior* to any new tv becoming official is a big deal. The wage scale is going way up.

The Dak Cap Hit, starting from his 4th year when the discussion started about extending him, is 2mil, 32mil, 41milx4years.
We end up with 6 years, and *didn't* pay him free agent money in year 4. Only guaranteed multiple seasons of pay *after* his leap in performance between 2018 and 2019.
Everyone moaning over how Jerry "blew it" in 2018 should do the math on both the cost and the risk alternative scenarios would have brought. 6 years was just not an option in 2018, nor 5 in 2020.

Next contract - Randy Gregory. Maybe they do others. Lock in players while *this* year they still face a big free agent cap squeeze, driving down the market, and *before* the new tv contracts flip that to a huge boost in cap.
I think likely you if you are letting him walk, you are going into a full rebuild. Alot rests on how we draft between now and then

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yes I did ...... And it's stupid to think this contract will stop us from building a defense ..... It's been 25 years since we have won a superbowl ...... Dak and his contract is not what is keeping us out of a superbowl ...... It's Jerry Jones and his idiot son and their inability to hire coaches and front office people who are not yes men.

Well "Jerry Jones and his idiot son" just spent about $40 mil per year of that cap space, so we'll see if it was stupid or not. I understand your point about the Jones' and their FO, but when you tie up too much of the cap in too few players which is what we're doing, it won't make any difference whether the Jones family are idiots or not, ignoring the cap issue will beat you regardless of coaching and the FO.
What is stupid is if people think you can ignore cap issues and get away with it in the long run.

triplets_93

Reaction score
In the 2019 season, Dak had 1116 snaps. At $75 Mil for the first year, if Dak has 1116 snaps in 2021, Dak would be being paid $67,204 per snap.

Last edited:

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak will be a free agent in two to three years. Can't franchise him. And they paid him $75 million for the first year alone.

People don't get this. Lol
Goal Post Shift...:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dak Less Lovers are useless

superonyx

Reaction score
Is this sarcasm? Lol Im not good at reading that sometimes.
No sarcasm. Someone said the contract auto voids after 4 years and this void is auto triggered and can’t be stopped. So that makes it a 4 year deal. Why not 20 years then? Spread that cap hit our decades.

I don’t believe it works this way.

Qcard

Reaction score
This day would only get better if Andy Dalton signed with Colts or WFT:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:i

erod

Reaction score
In the 2019 season, Dak had 1116 snaps. At $42 Mil a year, if Dak has 1116 snaps in 2021, Dak would be being paid $37,634 per snap.
Dak made $31 million last year for 5 games..

Next year he'll make $75 million.

So if he plays every game next year....

He will make $106 million for 21 games, or about $700,000 per offensive series.

Little Jr

Reaction score
No sarcasm. Someone said the contract auto voids after 4 years and this void is auto triggered and can’t be stopped. So that makes it a 4 year deal. Why not 20 years then? Spread that cap hit our decades.

Teams are only allowed 2 voidable years.

triplets_93

Reaction score

yeah, I just went back and corrected my post.... all these numbers!!! :confused:

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Yikes! Can't wait to see how all this affects the cap. :eek:

Qcard

Reaction score
This whole conversation is way over your head.
Yes, I will never live up there in Dak Less Love fantasy world....

No go calculate how much Dak made for every snap he was underpaid 2016-2019.

Of course you won't because Dak Less Lovers like you always shift the goal post...

Pathetic.....Hater:laugh::laugh:

Qcard

Reaction score

How much did Dak make per snap 2016-2019

You are so mad and transparent :lmao2::lmao2:

Little Jr

Reaction score

https://overthecap.com/tom-brady-and-voidable-contract-years/

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...re-using-fake-contract-years-create-cap-space

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...WCWc0KHSnlA5oQ1QIwFHoECBkQAQ&biw=1280&bih=632

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...hUKEwjUzJmutqLvAhWRWc0KHehFA6oQ4dUDCA4&uact=5