Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
This team hasn’t won since 1995. What’s wrong with you people?
You're wasting your time replying to this guy. He's always out in left field. He's actually saying we are shipping Dak to New England even after the no trade clause has been reported several times.

His opinions are his own, but wow, he's a different kind of cat.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I seriously doubt you understand this team is going nowhere this season and the reports say 42 a year first 3 years, yes 22 this season cap hit but what you do not understand is the $$$ being back loaded doesn't help build a team. I get your view extend Dak at the end and keep pushing the money out, that's what morons do and why paying a good QB this kind of money is stupid. (Sorry you don't understand this simple concept). Could you post the logistics that support what you say. All this deal says is Jerry once again believes this is a super bowl contender instead of the super bowl pretender they are.
Snore. I seriously doubt you understand that I don't care. This team is going nowhere with, or without Dak.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
The trolls are very happy- they have something to complain about and somebody to blame for every loss over the next four years.

Of course, if Dallas went out and got a new quarterback, it'd be the same thing once the honeymoon ended.
If you're not completing sold on Dak it doesn't make you a troll.

I fall into that category but felt he would be signed. I don't think he is the answer but Dallas apparently thinks he is. All I can do is wish him the best and hope he's better than I think. It's over and it didn't end the way I would have liked, but more power to Dak. He got what he wanted and Dallas got what they wanted.

I've learned with age that it's just a game. I'll root like I always have, I just don't take it to heart anymore. Pro sports have fallen way down my list of priorities..

Rayman70

Reaction score
the more I thought about it, this deal might look sneaky smart for the team. THE TV deal is why.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If you're not completing sold on Dak it doesn't make you a troll.

I fall into that category but felt he would be signed. I don't think he is the answer but Dallas apparently thinks he is. All I can do is wish him the best and hope he's better than I think. It's over and it didn't end the way I would have liked, but more power to Dak. He got what he wanted and Dallas got what they wanted.

I've learned with age that it's just a game. I'll root like I always have, I just don't take it to heart anymore. Pro sports have fallen way down my list of priorities..
Absolutely.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Congrats Dak, you get no line, your wide receivers, running back will be gone in 2 or 3 years, and you better be putting pints on the board bc your defense still stinks. If you don't get a suoerbowl this year, yiu are a failure. Just want to put this in perspective, you don't get paid in the real world with this kind of resume...sorry just the facts. I'll skip ahead a few month and say this team will go 8-8 or 9-7 barely make the the wildcard and lose in the first round. Dak fans will consider this an improvement and realist like me will really really drop the hammer then. Dak, I hope I'm wrong, so go prove it!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Anyone surprised by this latest contract in professional sports should really consider self-investing in a course of basic economics and stop applying financial and merit-based assumptions.
And this is exactly why we are the laughing stock of the league. You don't pay damaged goods that kind of money. Jerry's unwillingness to find a qb in the first round is this teams undoing.

starfan1

Reaction score
RINO was a better QB.

Romo 2-6 win % 25% in playoffs never reached conference final 67% regular season is good.
Dak 1-2 win % 33% in playoffs never reached conference final 60% regular season is good

So this whole thing about how much better Romo is is overblown. The fact is they are both good QBs who have over the course of their careers have had flaws in their games and worked hard to correct them. Both of them have had the same issue of being saddled with JG and more importantly the Jones family.

lets hope this year they put together a better defense and special teams unit and the Oline stays healthy

starfan1

Reaction score
Even if you are a Dak fan this deal should irritate you. 2 years ago if they just give Dak what his agent was asking they save a ton of money compared to now because there have been 2 waves of QB contract inflation since then.

You can't play at Bill Belichick style tough guy GM and then panic surrender at the end, it's the worst of all possible worlds. Just folding to the opposing agent on day 1 of extension eligibility under the CBA is way cheaper and the player is happier.
well the deal dont irritate me but you are correct this should have been done 2 years ago before Dlaw Before Zeke and before Smith. Jerry did it to himself.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak was not underpaid, cheated, or slighted. He was paid exactly what he was supposed to be paid.
Great.... Now go tell your fellow Dak Less Lover @erod that the same applies to top rated QB FA, Prescott got paid exactly what he was supposed to be paid..

See how consistency works.....Go root for the Colts and get a No.11 Jersey.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
so now 4 players eat 95 mil a year avg out of the 185 mil , so that leaves 90 mil for all the other guy's lol.
I wonder if they (rest of the team) are smart enough to realize they just got screwed.:eek:

The tweet said dak is getting most of this in the first 3 years, and 66 mil the first year ! lol this is so funny!:D
So it is more than 40 mil a year and it isnt back-ended , so no help cap wise.
And the 66 mil is this year with the low cap!:eek:
Part of that may be signing bonus which can be pushed back or spread over the 4 years.

Seems like it would have been cheaper to just pay for the tags.

Jerry likes his guys = Jerry likes his star players, and screw the rest of the team lol.

I guess at the PC dak will tell us SB's are coming??:rolleyes:
Funny thing is...they think Dak is a star. :laugh: