Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak fans are really happy, but Cowboy fans know that this crushed all hope for having a decent tram for years to come. Not only is this the worst contract in Cowboy’s history, it is the worst in NFL history.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this is exactly why we are the laughing stock of the league. You don't pay damaged goods that kind of money. Jerry's unwillingness to find a qb in the first round is this teams undoing.
Your opinion is shared by many but it does not explain why professional sports contracts are facilitated or not. Economics does. Jones always wanted Prescott as his franchise quarterback since as late as November 2016. 100%.

Jones was a buyer in Prescott's market. His expectation (not yours or anyone else) is Prescott will be physically capable of playing effectively for the 2021 season and beyond. That is why Jones never wavered in his goal of signing Prescott. You may not like the result. There are many others who feel the exact same way. It is all irrelevant. The only meaningful factor in any contract negotiation between team and player is the person either signing the checks or handing out pink slips.

Loso86

Reaction score
Everybody PLEASE DONT BE FOOLED BY THE AVERAGE lol the guy is going to get alot of bonus money which is straight out of Jerry's pockets so who cares!. The real jolt is he will make 22.5 this year(cheap) 33.5 next year(cheap) THEN 44 and 47. But they have voiadable years at the end.... but when he's making 44 that won't be muxh compared to the other QBs

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Giant TV deal coming and the cap will definitely rebound.

Do you really think Jerry has no insights on that piece? Very clear from the structure of the deal that he knows there will be much more cap money in the future.
It's a willingness thing. I was more saying the team has been clever in how they portray their aggression in terms of Free Agency. I want JJ of old re-emerged while the window is open. Not we just had a big haul "retaining" so and so, etc. It's more SJ than anyone who does this.

That was the the shtick for awhile but would say they were more aggressive last off season with going after Griffen even though it didn't work out (but he wasn't cheap). I would like one or two bigger FAs in the early bidding. Not trying to be smarter than everyone, over pay for the top talent as is needed in FA.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Wow, a 50 page thread lol any bets on what it’ll end up at? I’m going for 75
200.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
2021 $22.2m cap hit
2022 $33,2m cap hit
2023 44.2m cap hit
2024 47.2m cap hit
Data from sportrac
This contract actually gives us $15m in space this year compared to the tag, gets pricey year 3, but maybe We can restructure or extend, We can get out without excessive capageddon after year 3.
thanks, so they have 2 years ,21-22 to do something, where cap hit isnt bad.
after that it is bad unless cap goes up alot.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I see more Prescott fans then I do Cowboys fans these days.

I remember when Prescott was hated for going 13-3 and taking Romo's job because "fans" cared more about Romo then they did the Cowboys. Also, I guess the 13-3 was not the 8-8 mediocrity they were used to, so it confused them. Dak didn't become "elite", "loved", and "top 5" until he went 8-8 and 1-3. Weird, huh?

Dak is Romo to them now.
well someone else here said fans today are more for players, than they are for teams.
So if a player has a good year , they are happy, even if the team is 8-8 lol. They will sit around watching redzone highlights of their fav players.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And this is exactly why we are the laughing stock of the league. You don't pay damaged goods that kind of money. Jerry's unwillingness to find a qb in the first round is this teams undoing.
Still mad that Kellen Moore couldnt hack it in the NFL?

Qcard

Reaction score
It'd make more sense than simply giving the win to whoever started the game.

Bottom line is the dude went 1-3 in games he started and finished. The team went 4-7 without him. Then you have the one win he split time with Dalton.

This guy's a winner!
Only idiots base NFL contracts off of 4 game production :laugh:

In that case we await Andy Daltons record breaking contract imminent :facepalm:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Well "Jerry Jones and his idiot son" just spent about $40 mil per year of that cap space, so we'll see if it was stupid or not. I understand your point about the Jones' and their FO, but when you tie up too much of the cap in too few players which is what we're doing, it won't make any difference whether the Jones family are idiots or not, ignoring the cap issue will beat you regardless of coaching and the FO.
What is stupid is if people think you can ignore cap issues and get away with it in the long run.

I am sorry man but that is not how the cap works ...... It's fluid every year ...... Dak's contract is only gonna help compared to him playing on the tag for two years straight.

Unless the Jones' are financially stupid they have set the yearly cap hit to be low on years when other players hits are high and high on years other players hits are low. That's how you manage the cap.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Well you get most of your Likes from posting other people's Twitters and you're the Likes King so...

You know how to maximize your strengths despite your limitations.

You, of all people, should be a Dak fan.
I'm a fan of @Risen Star since of humor and sarcasm, but I did get a good chuckle out of your retort.

Well played kind Sir, well played.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dumbest contract in Cowboys history. Not surprising though. Idiots are in charge. Looks like we might have more hope again in 2026 or so.