Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
They aren't stuck because of signing Dak. They are stuck because cheap is the FA philosophy the Joneses adopted. They want to build through the draft and plug holes with bargain-basement FAs. It hasn't proven to be a good philosophy for this team.
Right. So nothing has really changed.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yeah we just haven't created another gaping hole to fill. I'm hoping against hope we stop wasting money on multiple scrubs and get one solid acquisition at DT, LB or Safety.
Hear that homie.

The Mads' Live Show is about to start! They're riffing Phantom From Space!

I'm out for the night my broskies!

See ya tommarry!

Reactions: CWR

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Deja vu all over again as Dallas did the same *** deal with Romo.....and see where that got Dallas. Oh well, we have had over 25 years getting used to mediocrity so what's another 4 years.
Hey Army dog, you quit easily so just get the hell out of Cowboys dodge. You’ve given up so no reason to come here and just ***** and whine. We’re tired of your shtick. No one likes a whiney little girl.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Right. So nothing has really changed.

Yeah, but those who don't like Dak want to believe that it has.

If we had let Dak go and drafted a quarterback in the first round, the Joneses' approach to outside free agency would be the same as it is after signing Dak. This is what they committed to when Carr did not turn out to be worth the FA dollars they spent on him.

I'd like to see it changed some, but there's no indication that it will.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Great.... Now go tell your fellow Dak Less Lover @erod that the same applies to top rated QB FA, Prescott got paid exactly what he was supposed to be paid..

See how consistency works.....Go root for the Colts and get a No.11 Jersey.

Hey Q, you inferred that Dak was underpaid unfairly from 2016 - 2019, and that was simply not true. He was drafted in the 4th round and was paid accordingly. He was not short changed by the Cowboys.
As for that "Dak Less Lover" garbage, you don't know what you're talking about. I've always liked Dak and in one respect I'm glad he's coming back next year. But I also like the Cowboys and generally, overpaying players is not good for the team, and the team is bigger than Dak. I was hoping for the sake of the team that they would work out a more reasonable deal for BOTH sides.
If you can't understand that, oh well.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The cap is going waaaaay up and Jerry knows it. The expected new TV deal could double which could give teams in the neighborhood of 400 million.

Both Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen will blow by Dak’s contract. In fact Dak’s contract will be middle of the road by the time Trevor Lawrence gets his second in three years. That dude will get 75 million a year.
both the cap and what the league gets goes up in increments, so no quick big jumps, and maybe by 2030 it will be close to 400 mil lol.

Qcard

Reaction score
Hey Q, you inferred that Dak was underpaid unfairly from 2016 - 2019, and that was simply not true. He was drafted in the 4th round and was paid accordingly. He was not short changed by the Cowboys.
Ever heard of the concept "outperforming your contract"?? On another point, do you hold NFL teams to the same standard when they cut players for performing below contract? Do NFL teams have a habit of short changing players?:huh:

As for that "Dak Less Lover" garbage, you don't know what you're talking about. I've always liked Dak and in one respect I'm glad he's coming back next year. But I also like the Cowboys and generally, overpaying players is not good for the team, and the team is bigger than Dak. I was hoping for the sake of the team that they would work out a more reasonable deal for BOTH sides.
If you can't understand that, oh well.
If you think 4th RD DRAFT picks normally do what Dakota did 2016 thru 2019 then you are a Dak Hater!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Ever heard of the concept "outperforming your contract"?? On another point, do you hold NFL teams to the same standard when they cut players for performing below contract? Do NFL teams have a habit of short changing players?:huh:

If you think 4th RD DRAFT picks normally do what Dakota did 2016 thru 2019 then you are a Dak Hater!

If you think 4th RD DRAFT picks normally get paid like 1st rounders you need to get a clue Q.
And no I'm not one of your so-called "Dak haters", so get over it. Only a teenager goes around calling people names just because they don't agree on every single thing. Can't you carry on a decent conversation with people without resorting to name calling?
If all you want to do is argue and call names, go do it with someone else.

Last edited:

Qcard

Reaction score
If you think 4th RD DRAFT picks normally get paid like 1st rounders you need to get a clue Q.
And no I'm not one of your so-called "Dak haters", so get over it. Only a teenager goes around calling people names just because they don't agree on every single thing. Can't you carry on a decent conversation with people without resorting to name calling?
If all you want to do is argue and call names, go do it with someone else.
If you think the term "normally" has any place in determining whom gets paid then your reasoning is as dumb as your current posts on Dak.

Bye Felicia!!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If you think the term "normally" has any place in determining whom gets paid then your reasoning is as dumb as your current posts on Dak.

Bye Felicia!!

Look who's talking about dumb posts. Just can't give it up can you. :rolleyes:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Hey Army dog, you quit easily so just get the hell out of Cowboys dodge. You’ve given up so no reason to come here and just ***** and whine. We’re tired of your shtick. No one likes a whiney little girl.

Then I suggest you stop dressing up as a little girl.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Dak is good enough to win it all. It's up to this staff to be smart enough to put the pieces around him. God help!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
R.I.P. Dallas Cowboys.
26 Years of misery just became 30.
To all my buds here GL it's been fun.
TV4W6O4IEWT2DTCDH6D22EKWJA.jpg
Salud!

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah we just haven't created another gaping hole to fill. I'm hoping against hope we stop wasting money on multiple scrubs and get one solid acquisition at DT, LB or Safety.

I think the scrubs are mainly to replace some of the players that are leaving to FA. Last I checked Dallas has 16 UFAs. The draft helps replace them too. By the time they sign the rookies, pay the scrubs, and extend whatever players on the team they want to keep, I think most of that 20 million will be gone.

Reactions: CWR

Techsass

Reaction score
Jerry is 78 years, 4 months and 23 days old.
My Mom turns 98 in a couple of weeks & she can hold a rational conversation better than Jerry, but he probably has enough time left to overcome a few more mistakes.