Twitter: Cowboys and T. Basham

JBS

Reaction score

Very strange wording from Mike here..not sure exactly how to title this post..but it sounds like something could be brewing here..not trying to mislead anyone w a false title..but that's the best I could come up with

Thoughts on this guy?

Sydla

Reaction score
His market takes longer to develop? I assume he means Basham's camp is not ready to jump on anything because they think the market will heat up for him after some other options are off the board? Because why would Dallas care about his developing market if they want him?

As for him as a player, he's OK, there's nothing special about him. Where's he starting? DE? OLB? What are they doing with LVE and Smith? They gonna try to play one of them in the middle again?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This is Basham:

2017-2020 (IND & NYJ) 58 Games 12 Games Started 84 Tackles 7.5 Sacks 1 INT 7 PD's 4 FF's 1 FR 9 TFL's 23 QB Hits

27 Years old 6' 4" 266 pounds

Only really got decent playing time in 2020 where he put up 3.5 sacks so not sure how much of an impact he would have but depending on the money this is a better possibility than some of the free agents signed or discussed.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is Basham:

2017-2020 (IND & NYJ) 58 Games 12 Games Started 84 Tackles 7.5 Sacks 1 INT 7 PD's 4 FF's 1 FR 9 TFL's 23 QB Hits

27 Years old 6' 4" 266 pounds

Only really got decent playing time in 2020 where he put up 3.5 sacks so not sure how much of an impact he would have but depending on the money this is a better possibility than some of the free agents signed or discussed.

The tweet mentions they want to add multiple defensive starters. Basham is an average starter. Is that their plan? Throw their money around and get a bunch of average starters?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The tweet mentions they want to add multiple defensive starters. Basham is an average starter. Is that their plan? Throw their money around and get a bunch of average starters?

Either that or simply to make it seem like they are interested in players and sign very little in an attempt to keep fans and media interested in what Dallas will do......you know how Jerry needs to feed his attention ego.

Hoods

Reaction score
His market takes longer to develop? I assume he means Basham's camp is not ready to jump on anything because they think the market will heat up for him after some other options are off the board? Because why would Dallas care about his developing market if they want him?

This means the Cowboys FO thinks that Basham's camp is currently overvaluing his worth. So they are hoping that no team pays an early FA premium and thus he comes down to a price they are comfortable with once he realizes he is not getting paid top dollar. Not saying I agree with this approach but this is what the FO is betting.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I liked Basham coming out of college as a prospect. No idea how he’s looked since he been in the league.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

As for him as a player, he's OK, there's nothing special about him. Where's he starting? DE? OLB? What are they doing with LVE and Smith? They gonna try to play one of them in the middle again?
He is basically a poor mans Kony Elay lol