Cowboys are 6 point underdogs at LA

reddyuta

Reaction score
If Rams had a QB like Aaron Rodgers they will be unbeatable,they have no weaknesses other than erratic QB play.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It will be a good test for the pass rush against a high quality team. I think you can really get to Stafford and he will make some mistakes.

I have no idea what the offense will do but the D will be interesting to watch.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If Rams had a QB like Aaron Rodgers they will be unbeatable,they have no weaknesses other than erratic QB play.
Matthew Stafford is a good QB, always put up good #s on crappy Lion's teams.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It doesn’t seem to matter if Dak or Rush are starting. But I suppose the line could move if there was an announcement. My hunch Rush is playing but we’ll see.

We’ve only been the favorites in one game this season against Washington.

Of course LA plays tonite which is a little odd already having a line up before this game has been played. The outcome tonite could also impact the line for next Sunday.
A bit surprising given the Rams play a Monday night away game at a very physical 49ers team.
6 points is a lot in this league.
If Dak plays it will be 3, is my guess. And it may drop to 5 anyway

rambo2

Reaction score
It doesn’t seem to matter if Dak or Rush are starting. But I suppose the line could move if there was an announcement. My hunch Rush is playing but we’ll see.

We’ve only been the favorites in one game this season against Washington.

Of course LA plays tonite which is a little odd already having a line up before this game has been played. The outcome tonite could also impact the line for next Sunday.
Watch what injuries they get tonight and how their older players play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Stafford is good, he also had the most ints in the NFL last season tied with Trevor Lawrence. this season thus far has thrown more ints than TD. I do think he is a good QB but he has some weakness as well, turning the ball over being one of them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This.

Plus, the Rams are in no way perfect That statement was silly
  • The oline is average at best
  • The pass rush is not remotely as good as the top teams
  • The safeties are only ok
  • RBs are average to ok
Stafford is a top 4 player on that team

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That's good for their mentality.

Gallup is back. His knee looked a little wobbly early on, but he got it done out there. And the offense will only get better.

Truth be told, in the state that it's currently in, the offense will go as Michael Gallup goes.

They have to keep him healthy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Stafford is good, he also had the most ints in the NFL last season tied with Trevor Lawrence. this season thus far has thrown more ints than TD. I do think he is a good QB but he has some weakness as well, turning the ball over being one of them.
You know this but worth repeating
Can't mention interceptions without mentioning TDs. The TD-int differential the key
17 vs his huge TD numbers was not that high. 17 vs Lawrence's meager TDs was entirely different.
I keep seeing that silly stat comparing to Lawrence.

Thru the playoffs, Stafford had an insane 51 TD passes last year.

He also was the 1st player in NFL history to go the entire season and playoff without a single 4th quarter interception

fivetwos

Reaction score
Six sounds about right, but I think we match up well against them.

I think we can force Stafford into turnovers with pressure.

Should be able to play our same game offensively of the last few weeks.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rams offensive line is so-so at best without Whitworth
Rams pass rush is so-so without Miller
Stafford is playing hurt.

It's not out of the question that Dallas gives them trouble, especially after they just came off a road Monday Night rivalry game at San Fran

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You know this but worth repeating
Can't mention interceptions without mentioning TDs. The TD-int differential the key
17 vs his huge TD numbers was not that high. 17 vs Lawrence's meager TDs was entirely different.
I keep seeing that silly stat comparing to Lawrence.

Thru the playoffs, Stafford had an insane 51 TD passes last year.

He also was the 1st player in NFL history to go the entire season and playoff without a single 4th quarter interception

I know you like him but he makes mistakes, Rams defense is damn good they were able to bail him out despite the ints. I think Stafford has strong suite as well but ball protection is not one of them. I'm sorry you throw he most Ints in the NFL season that is a problem

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A bit surprising given the Rams play a Monday night away game at a very physical 49ers team.
6 points is a lot in this league.
If Dak plays it will be 3, is my guess. And it may drop to 5 anyway
Generally the home team gets 3 points if it’s pick-‘em game. I think the Rams would be more than pick-em on a neutral site.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Generally the home team gets 3 points if it’s pick-‘em game. I think the Rams would be more than pick-em on a neutral site.
True, I think the Rams usually get about 1.5 for their home games. It's borderline a neutral site.
Seattle gets closer to 4. But it balances out to an average of 3 or so.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know you like him but he makes mistakes, Rams defense is damn good they were able to bail him out despite the ints. I think Stafford has strong suite as well but ball protection is not one of them. I'm sorry you throw he most Ints in the NFL season that is a problem
The LEAST interceptions in the 4th quarter in NFL history last year
zero....regular season and playoffs....zero

I agree he can be careless. Normally more than makes up for it though
But rumors of an elbow injury might be true. He looks off.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The LEAST interception in the 4th quarter in NFL history last year
zero

that is fine I'm sorry I not a big fan like you are. I think Stafford is a very good QB I don't think he is elite by any means. I think he has weakness evidently you don't think he has any weakness that is fine. Personally I think Cowboys have to put the pressure on and force him into turning the ball over if they can they give themselves a chance to win that game.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rams Oline isn't near what it was last year - retirement and injuries. Pass rush will get to Stafford and the mistake prone Stafford will throw INTs.

Keep them under 24 and I like our chances

DFWJC

Reaction score
that is fine I'm sorry I not a big fan like you are. I think Stafford is a very good QB I don't think he is elite by any means. I think he has weakness evidently you don't think he has any weakness that is fine. Personally I think Cowboys have to put the pressure on and force him into turning the ball over if they can they give themselves a chance to win that game.
Fair enough.

I DO think he has weaknesses, btw. It is his overconfidence in his arm talent.
And you're right. Pressure any QB and you make them worse. Our rush can beat their average line and make him struggle, potentially.