Cowboys Are Best Road Team. By Far

T-RO

Reaction score
Does anyone here think we’d have been 15-17 at home were our fans crazy like Seattle?

Consider what noise does for a team like the Vikes or Seattle:

-Offenses often can’t hear the QB, so they lose the advantage off the snap. Lineman and receivers have to visually watch for the snap of the ball.
-Delay of game becomes a factor as players can’t hear
-More illegal motion calls on the O.
-Fatigue fighting. Athletes by their own testimony have said they don’t feel so tired when their fans are pushing them on
-Momentum boosting. We’ve all seen games “get away” for road teams in sports when the fans fuel a “feeding frenzy”

In Dallas you often can have a comfortable conversation during the game and even when it’s loud it’s not raucous like it is for some other teams.

GenoT

Reaction score
Let’s amplify the focus here:

With Romo or Dak at quarterback...over the past 4 seasons...here is our road record:
21-4

That is flat stupid to think. Crazy sick. Better than Pats and Brady.
What was the culmalitive regular season W-L records of those 25 teams?

And, since we’re comparing Pats/Brady to Cowboys/Romo-Dak, how does the two teams’ respective reg-sea road records correlate to the “flat stupid”, “crazy sick” disparity in their postseason records over the past four seasons?

Once you’re in the postseason, nothing about your regular season record, or how you achieved it, matters. All playoff teams are playing win-or-go home — regardless of whether they’re playing at home or on the road.

T-RO

Reaction score
What was the culmalitive regular season W-L records of those 25 teams?

Dallas doesn’t set the schedule. Don’t set up the pins. But oh my, have they been nocking ‘em down. League’s best.

Once you’re in the postseason, nothing about your regular season record, or how you achieved it, matters. All playoff teams are playing win-or-go home — regardless of whether they’re playing at home or on the road.

We’ll get to that a bit later...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
"We damn sure struck our colors in solid fashion on Pinnacle Peak of 2014,,, I'll grant you that much& unbegrudgingy so,,,T-ROo_O

:oldcouple::yourock::oldcouple:

* I'm always ready to let my ' cat daddy dangle dance to commence' at the drop of a hat ,,,er,,,or her drawers',,,is that a in a poor form post, t-row? Ya reckon:huh:,,,hell is afire& I'm feeling exuberant with the prospective outcome of this season at hand:starspin:my griends& gellows:starspin:o_O

GenoT

Reaction score
Dallas doesn’t set the schedule. Don’t set up the pins. But oh my, have they been nocking ‘em down. League’s best.
Best at what? Reg-sea road record against cumulative mediocre comp?

It doesn’t matter where you win; only that you win enough to make the postseason and can then beat each week’s opponent — no matter where you play.

Btw...I see you chose not to address my reply to your silly Pats/Cowboys comparison.

T-RO

Reaction score
"We damn sure struck our colors in solid fashion on Pinnacle Peak of 2014,,, I'll grant you that much& unbegrudgingy so,,,T-ROo_O

Are you speaking of our 8-0 road record in ‘14?
Best at what? Reg-sea road record against cumulative mediocre comp?

It doesn’t matter where you win; only that you win enough to make the postseason and can then beat each week’s opponent — no matter where you play.

Btw...I see you chose not to address my reply to your silly Pats/Cowboys comparison.

I said I’d address it later in the thread. Patience my friend! :)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Are you speaking of our 8-0 road record in ‘14?

I said I’d address it later in the thread. Patience my friend! :)
Without a doubt and indubitably my good fellow!:starspin:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
When you are can you edit the OP so I don't have to read multiple pages to get to it?
HuH?,,,friend!, yer' kinda' coming across as the " type" who would complain about having a turd on yer' dinner plate while attending the grand Gayla chamber of commerce luncheon event fer' yer' municipalities NEW solid sewage treatment facility,,,SHEESEo_O

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Are we all in agreement that there is such a thing in football as a 12th man? Can we all agree that fan involvement and the noise and energy they produce can impact games?

Can we agree on that?
I second that!

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Last year i attended the rams game and it was loud. Over 100 decibles, i think the noise in thay stadium just carries cause it seems built like a concert hall.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Another indicator as to why we haven’t advanced past the NFC semis in the postseason during the Garrett era.

Most of the above-quoted teams aren’t who we would’ve ended up facing in the playoffs, following a season when those teams were mediocre/bad and where we happened to beat those teams on the road during the regular season.

However...when we DO face a good team in the playoffs; a team who we may have previously beaten in the regular season?

See: 2016 GB Packers
,,,er,,,just what part of that salient feature of the 2014 regular season's" handing out roadside *** whipping tour" is beyond yer' mental comprehension , bro?

Mannix

Reaction score
------Because our house is a circus. It’s like we have no home games or home field advantage.

Since game #1 there....I absolutely HATE that stadium, and EVERYTHING about it!!!!!

CPanther95

Reaction score
The suspense is killing me.

My guess is that the suggestion is that they should stop wearing their whites at home.

T-RO

Reaction score
The suspense is killing me.

My guess is that the suggestion is that they should stop wearing their whites at home.

I said I’ve got a few controversial questions upcoming, not that I have Magical answers for the home game woes. (Maybe a couple of ideas)

I do promise I’ll post those shortly...before I go to bed.

Last edited: