Cowboys are expecting to have LG Tyler Smith back for Thursday

Jones has been horrific. Cut him.
I don't think he's played a snap I don't remember him being in there show me where Broderick Jones the right tackle we brought in from Pittsburgh how you've seen him play I know 87 and 78's been horrible but I don't know where you seen Jones play I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to say you're probably wrong I thought he was just in there as a backup you know emergency guy I don't even know if he's active I don't even know what his number is..

So you saw one offensive snap and three special team snaps and now he's all of a sudden trash in 4 snaps how about getting him more snaps and let's see him play two or three series in a row at right tackle and then we can say whether he's trash or not but saying he's worse than 78 is redic with small sample size

Broderick Jones has played 1 offensive snap and 3 special teams snaps for the Dallas Cowboys during the 2026 NFL season
 
He has, and it hasn't been good. He was solely responsible for the blocked kick yesterday.
 
I don’t trust Jones. Seen his preseason plays and the one play he had against Ravens and it was all terrible.
I think my point is can we not let the dude play a little bit before we say he's a failure you don't trust him look man 78 even with help it's not playing well we need to look at someone else and he's first up he's been with the team now he's been taking practice reps he's been the backup It's time to let some others at least give it a whirl.. It's not like you're cutting steel you're demoting him you know maybe though put a little fire in his butt while you he watches Jones take the starting snaps he'll be the backup in the games..

It's a little late exactly what right tackle are you going to go get right now we still need resources for the defense so you have to roll with what you got so try Jones There's a young guy on the practice squad I'd like to see eventually as well.

The ironic thing is you would think by now Terrence Steele would have gotten injured in some way and it have been more easy to put his backups in and then see what they had but the dude's been healthy and rock solid since he came back from his injury as far as health goes and I don't see how the coaches can keep going like this The dude even with help and his help isn't that good either that's why I'm saying I think both of them need to get stepped down and BSF needs to be starting tight end I mean Ferguson still would get plenty of snaps but he needs to be next to Jones and let's see what that looks like.

I had enough of that last week watching 87 and 78 get split and destroyed I mean they were playing 6 on 4 the Cowboys had the six and they were getting beat in that first half it's nice in the second half they tightened things up but yeah something needs to change but they're not gonna go out make a big move So what we have now is what we're gonna see so we need to see what Jones can do..
 
When has he played any meaningful snaps?
He hasn't the dude's delirious the man's had a few special team snaps he's played all of four snaps for the Cowboys and somehow he's already a failure in everyone's eyes he sucks he never gonna work but what I'm seeing from 78 and 87 changes need to be made But that's just my opinion I mean those two dudes are supposed to be out there helping each other and they're getting both just destroyed I mean it is ugly I mean it's not Chaz Green ugly but it's pretty damn close..
 
So you saw one offensive snap and three special team snaps and now he's all of a sudden trash in 4 snaps how about getting him more snaps and let's see him play two or three series in a row at right tackle and then we can say whether he's trash or not but saying he's worse than 78 is redic with small sample size

Broderick Jones has played 1 offensive snap and 3 special teams snaps for the Dallas Cowboys during the 2026 NFL season
“All of a sudden?”

He played 2,469 snaps before he got to Dallas and played so poorly that, despite being a first round pick, he was buried on the Steelers depth chart.

He also hasn’t even fully regained his weight and strength.
 
Keep an eye on Beebe. Maybe Bass should be starting over Beebe.
I'm wondering about that myself. They seem to be fairly close in terms of their performances to me. I'm going to be okay with it if they decide they're better off with one or the other. Both are good, not great.
 
Last edited:
I doubt Brodrick Jones is at his best, since he had such a terrible injury with the Steelers. It may take him a pretty good while to recover substantially enough to rely upon. I think this team is on the right track, though, with some good fortune with injuries. Here's hoping that occurs. it's really a big deal.
 
Last edited:
I see many hammerin' on Jones. Cowboys have a pretty good track record of developing offensive linemen. Can we just give the guy a chance to be coached up????? I don't GAS about how many snaps or how many years in the league he has just give us time to put out mojo on the dude! Right now he is only a depth piece and Dallas is woefully short of OL depth. As a poster said above ... "who you gonna put in his place"? He is at least as good as Drew Shelton.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,192
Messages
14,671,773
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top