Cowboys are in prime position to dominate the NFC East for the foreseeable future

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If they add Ju Ju Schuster and another top FA WR, that would be a game changer with McLaurin.
So you're going to pay something like $52m/yr for JuJu, Golladay, and McLaurin, and pull a QB out of thin air? AND pay the defensive line.

Good luck with that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Both of yall use your own twisted and selected logic in order to warp the narrative in your favor. Let's not pretend you've taken the high road prior. Fact is Dak has defeated his critics and all that noise about how Jerry didn't value him has proven false. It's just as false as the dink and dunk, one read BS. I suggest you stop licking your wounds and move towards acceptance.

The multiple thinly veiled posts/threads which are passive aggressively attacking our franchise QB aren't fooling anyone. I scan through the board and see stuff like "the Dallas media is soft" and I'm supposed to not understand its a shot at Dak? Clown post get clown responses.

The contract is done and we are married to him for 4 years. Stop posting nonsense and I'll stop calling you out on it.

Jerry Jones has always overvalued players (ex. Zeke, DLaw, J. Smith) by paying them contracts far and away above what they should be paid thereby screwing up the team salary cap year after year and constantly having to restructure deals keeping said players with the team far beyond what they should simply to afford additional cap space.

As for Dak, defeating critics is about the only thing he has defeated for in 5 seasons he has led Dallas to a 1-2 playoff record and while his personal stats increased the teams success has lessened. That is not the sign of a franchise QB but rather another in a long line of 'me' players that Dallas has stupidly paid.

As for your assertion of the 'veiled posts', am I take this as you will soon be playing the all too overly played race card these days should anyone criticize Dak as a franchise QB?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Both of yall use your own twisted and selected logic in order to warp the narrative in your favor.

How exactly is anything warped here. We looked at a single year of 2019 where the core of the team was largely healthy no major injury concerns. Season ends at 8-8 and somehow it's everyone else's fault but Dak? Was he not part of the team? If yes then was he not part of the reason for said 8-8 result? If yes, what exactly did he not do as "best QB in the division" to get us there? Did he decide to take a break from his "leadership" of the team? The funny part is your only defense of this is to point at two years which the team finished with a winning record but went nowhere in the playoffs. Like what's there to glean from that? Two of the 4 years we made it to the playoffs and two years we didn't. So far the only consistent theme seems to be the losing. But yea, we have the "best QB in the division" LOL.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Having Dak back & healthy might not be enough to make Dallas Super Bowl favorites this year, but it should easily make them the class of the NFCE. That is just how much the quarterback impacts all NFL teams.

The rest of the division all have problems at that spot, & no obvious solutions.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I like the positivity. My fear is we squandered 2 prime years of division ineptitude and now all the teams will be improved. We definitely have the talent but we have to get over the mental baggage we’ve carried for years

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So you're going to pay something like $52m/yr for JuJu, Golladay, and McLaurin, and pull a QB out of thin air? AND pay the defensive line.

Good luck with that.

Well, Dallas is currently paying DLaw and Cooper $47M combined in 2021 and while they have a better QB in Dak than in WASH, Dallas has an aging, oft injured OL and a pathetic defense.......so while WASH has to find a legitimate QB they are actually better poised than Dallas.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I used to work for a company for 17 years that had a large sales meeting every year and the sales managers would get up and talk about the business they had coming in.

It did not take 17 years to find out that salesmen were full of crap.

Jerry is a salesman and then we have a few on this board as well!

blueblood70

Reaction score
So Dak Prescott is beyond criticism? Based on what? Did we miss something and did he somehow attain godhood?
no hes not but neither are you and you are truly sorry fan betting against your team and picking a division rival. But hey....

Reactions: CWR

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Having Dak back & healthy might not be enough to make Dallas Super Bowl favorites this year, but it should easily make them the class of the NFCE. That is just how much the quarterback impacts all NFL teams.

The rest of the division all have problems at that spot, & no obvious solutions.

The class of the NFCE???? Well that trophy will look great in the Cowboys trophy wall.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
no hes not but neither are you and you are truly sorry fan betting against your team and picking a division rival. But hey....

Betting against the team? What many fail to realize is those that questioned the re-signing of Dak point to the fact that the organization is in such disarray with the pathetic defense, aging and injured OL, and overpaid 'me first' showboat players that underperform that a total rebuild would be necessary as this team is in no way going to the Super Bowl in the next 4 years with all the holes and repairs needed....so Dallas just committed a large sum of money to a QB that as Jimmy Johnson stated "I think he can win you a championship if he has great players around him. I don't think Dak can carry a football team if he doesn't have great players around him."

So while you take this as being anti-Dallas to the contrary we like most on this site only wish to see Dallas succeed but there is differences of opinions as to how to get there.....so stop with questioning someone's support of Dallas simply because your approach is different from theirs.

dfense

Reaction score
Up until last year, they were already dominating the division. Garrett was 11-1 against the East the last couple years. That's wasn't really the issue.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Good luck with that.

If the Cowboys can sign Dak to 4 years/$160M with a cap hit of $15M this year, I’m sure the cap is not an issue.

Heineke might succeed with JuJu, Galliday, and McLaurin. Or maybe they draft Mac Jones.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Regardless of what we think as Cowboys fans, after browsing the rest of divison’s fan sites, it appears they are celebrating our 4 year 160 mil commitment to Dak.

The Giants Fansided site even has an article stating how great it is for them....pointing out that adter this year we have cap hits the next 3 years way higher than KC does for Mahomes.

guess we’ll see.
The Giants look like a cellar team to me.

Plankton

Reaction score
The last time that a team repeated as NFC East Champions was in 2003-2004 (Eagles). Since then, it has been a different winner each year. Dominance is a ways off.