Cowboys are in prime position to dominate the NFC East for the foreseeable future

Redline360

Reaction score
The only thing the Cowboys have going for them over the other teams is having a top 10 franchise quarterback. Like it or not if the Commanders ever pick up a talented QB dallas will be chasing the wildcard spot for Daks entire 4 years if lucky.
The giants ever figure out the OL and gain an offensive weapon they could also be in the chase for a wild card spot as they posted a top 10 defense

Granted finding a franchise quarterback is a HUGE deal and it all depends on if washington will ever figure out that position.

JustChip

Reaction score
6 easy games on your schedule is nothing to sleep on....that being said, if Commanders can get a quarterback....a potential top 10 guy....they will be a serious threat.

Giants and Commanders both have good defenses...they are going to make us earn those games....I don't know what the hell the Eagles will do at this point they will be lucky to even field a team.
If the 6 easy games you’re referring to are Division games, those are never easy games. In any division, not just the NFCE (other than the AFCE during the Bb/TB years). Honestly, sweeping 1 Division opponent and going 4-2 is a formula for winning the Division as long as they do well in the non-Division games. I believe the Division will be won at 10-6 this year; won’t be any of that cannon fodder winner we saw last year.

Dre11

Reaction score
I’d say the skins are better postured than we are. Best DL in the league almost all on rookie contracts. They also have the best coach by far in the division and are a competent QB away from owning it. I expect them to make a big move for a QB soon either in FA or draft. And their backup QB is pretty good too, I wouldn’t sleep on him.

not scared at all of their defense line if our oline stay healthy, they're going to have to start paying those guys too, they also have issues at LB and secondary, Their O line has issues too. need recievers as well.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the 6 easy games you’re referring to are Division games, those are never easy games. In any division, not just the NFCE (other than the AFCE during the Bb/TB years). Honestly, sweeping 1 Division opponent and going 4-2 is a formula for winning the Division as long as they do well in the non-Division games. I believe the Division will be won at 10-6 this year; won’t be any of that cannon fodder winner we saw last year.
Dak has had no issues beating the NFC East that's why I say its easy wins. Easier than the rest of the league anyway.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak has had no issues beating the NFC East that's why I say its easy wins. Easier than the rest of the league anyway.

As in the NFCE like the win and in game vs. Philly towards the end of 2019? Well, since 2016 Dallas has finished the following position within the NFCE:

2016: 1st
2017: 2nd
2018: 1st
2019: 2nd
2020: 3rd

So statistically speaking Dallas has won the division 2 out of Dak's 5 years for a percentage of .400.....which isn't exactly 'dominating'......but beating teams in the NFC East clearly isn't enough if Dallas can't win other games.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
-Best QB in the division
-Best running back core in the division
-Best WRs in the division
-2nd best TE core in the division
-Best O line in the division
-3rd best Dline in the division
-2nd best LB core in the division
-Worst secondary ever

If they can fix the secondary this team will dominate this division for a long time.

But they have had all you described over the last few years and haven’t dominated. In fact people thought that the Eagles was going to dominate just a few years ago. This division has been cursed for like a lifetime.

JustChip

Reaction score
Maybe it’s my interpretation of “easy”. A win isn’t easy if it’s in doubt 1/2 way through the 4th quarter regardless of the outcome. And that’s rarely the case in Division games. Unless I’m mistaken, the best the Cowboys have done in Division games in the Dak era is 5-1, but that’s less impressive if you exclude the garbage time games at the end of the year when one or the other team is simply playing out the string. However, your point about non-Division games is spot on. The difference between being a good team and in the playoffs is how they do in those games (assuming, of course, they don’t completely spit the bit in the Division games).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Job 1 is always win the division.
That's how you make the playoffs and why the Dallas Cowboys became America's Team.17 straight playoff seasons.
Somewhere along the way fans became infantile children and started SB or bust nonsense but Coaches have always steered to win the division as goal 1.
You get to the playoffs then you take things game by game.
So it matters quite a lot.

If Dallas was in the NFCW how they handle the next few years would need to be very different.
You saw SEA go ALL IN and it's near a miserable rebuild only a year later after they failed in that super bowl or bust plan because the division is the best in football.
Now that you have made your butt hurt made clear to everyone about winning the division, I hope you feel better. You didn't say one thing that contradicts what I said. The Cowboys should be kicking butt against the rest of the division.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you this angry in real life? You seem angry in 98% of your posts. That doesn't seem like a fun way to go through life.

"It should be a given" that the Cowboys win a SB every 5 years and yet it doesn't happen. Nothing is "a given" in sports.
That's just your perception, which I'm fine with. It's just my passion for the Cowboys and I'm glad you're picking up on it.

jnday

Reaction score
My money's on Washington. Better coach, better defense. Dallas has yet to prove that the offense is anything but a group that largely beats up on bad teams.
You are in a roll in this thread. You have a great point, the offense only looks good against bad teams and in the 4th quarter when the game is out of reach.

JayFord

Reaction score
if Dallas can stay healthy then yes i think they can win the division for the forseeable future

Yes if Washington gets a good qb they could as well

but how many times have both of those teams looked like they could dominate for years to come and they fell off?

Washington is just as allergic to success as we are.....we thought RG3 and Alfred Morris would be still be dominating us until this day and it lasted all of 1 season.....we thought in 2015 when Washington Won the division they would keep doing so and they fell off

im not that high on WFT even if they get a qb because their D needs a secondary and LBs but all of that was masked by an elite Dline but that same Dline got manhandled in the playoffs and Tampa ran at will and threw at will to the tune of 31 points

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As has been the case for years, Dallas will accomplish very little, including dominating the division, until they build a defense.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
You are in a roll in this thread. You have a great point, the offense only looks good against bad teams and in the 4th quarter when the game is out of reach.

Yep, yet you look at this offense on paper and hey look at all these weapons - Zeke, a good line, Cooper, Gallup, Lamb etc etc - and yet this same offense managed to muster up 17 points against the Rams last year. That was the first game of the season and the team was as healthy as you could get. But hey ignore that instead focus on how many yards Dak threw etc etc.

ghst187

Reaction score
I love how people say this. "Except for QB" means they don't have anything.

And the luxury of the cheap DL is pretty much expired. Allen is making $10m on his fifth-year option this year, Payne's fifth-year option is $8.5m next year, Sweat and Ionnaidis are up after next season.

they trade up and get a top QB in the draft and they can pay all of them

LittleD

Reaction score
Poof, they get a Dak!!............Poof they get a Brady!!!

Maybe they can sign your hero Dalton!!:muttley:

Dalton with that Commander team would be all that was necessary to kick our butts twice a year.

morat1959

Reaction score
-Best QB in the division
-Best running back core in the division
-Best WRs in the division
-2nd best TE core in the division
-Best O line in the division
-3rd best Dline in the division
-2nd best LB core in the division
-Worst secondary ever

If they can fix the secondary this team will dominate this division for a long time.
Gulp gulp