Cowboys Are Not High on Fairley

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3920086 said:
If not for the degenerative knee condition they were right.

Besides, Merriman wasn't that great of a college player. Fairley was hands down probably the best defensive player in college football, and VASTLY outplayed Dareus in the same conference going against the same competition.

Funny, you forgot to mention the steroids/PED, beating women, et cetera.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
realtick;3920100 said:

Fairley doesn't beat women... he only beat's quarterbacks.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
AsthmaField;3920105 said:

I would love for some on our team to smash QB's hard. Make them feel the pain and rattle them during the game.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
realtick;3920100 said:

Great. Now point to when Fairley beat woment, used PEDs etc.

Again, a bunch of innuendo and "whispers", no real allegations.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3920092 said:
Look at this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOOPALF7I4

Sure don't want that dirty thug on our team. Oh wait, yes I do.

Is that the video where he is picking up and then slamming QBs' shoulders into the turf? Or the one where he speared the UGA QB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BACK about an hour after he let go of the football? Or any one of the other 3243434 late hits he committed this year?

Seriously, screw Fairley. He spent his college career trying to intentionally hurt opposing players, hopefully karma will repay him.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I like fairley. I understand all the scrutiny but if he's there at 9 and we actually stay put I'd be all for bringing him in. He supposedly works out with jay Ratliff.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
DIAF;3920661 said:
Is that the video where he is picking up and then slamming QBs' shoulders into the turf? Or the one where he speared the UGA QB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BACK about an hour after he let go of the football? Or any one of the other 3243434 late hits he committed this year?

Seriously, screw Fairley. He spent his college career trying to intentionally hurt opposing players, hopefully karma will repay him.

Let me guess, non-Auburn SEC fan?

newlander

Reaction score
DIAF;3920661 said:

............you LIKE him then?:laugh2: ..........seriously man, this guy sounds like an animal to me. Need more of those guys on this team and less guys like Igor that pose after a tackle when losing by 20 pts.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3920127 said:
Great. Now point to when Fairley beat woment, used PEDs etc.

Again, a bunch of innuendo and "whispers", no real allegations.

Lol, what?

Fairley isn't Merriman, but that isn't the point. The point is you defending Merriman as if we missed out on a HOF.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField;3920105 said:

Lol, never said he did. I like Fairley and have stated clearly in this thread Fairley > Dareus, but I've soured on him because of his maturity.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
newlander;3920751 said:
............you LIKE him then?:laugh2: ..........seriously man, this guy sounds like an animal to me. Need more of those guys on this team and less guys like Igor that pose after a tackle when losing by 20 pts.

:lmao2:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3919817 said:
People have way outsmarted themselves on Fairley and suffered paralysis by analysis, and they'll be kicking themselves for it next year ... just like they did with Warren Sapp. All these alleged huge character flags, and I don't see a single alleged item that bothers me.

He's out of shape? He ran a friggin 4.8 at 300 lbs. What does he run when he's "in shape"? 4.6?

Plays too nasty? Did anyone see Suh attempt to twist Jake Delhomme's head off of his body in a preaseason game? Anyone see him coldcock Cutler in the back of the head with a forearm? Anyone see him perform a blatant horsecollar on Mike Vick. Think the Lions are disappointed they drafted a guy who plays "too nasty"?

Takes downs off? He combined for 27.5 hurries, knockdowns and sacks last season, while Alabama DT Marcell Dareus had just 12.5. If he was taking downs off, then Dareus must have been taking entire games off.

If the draft were held in February, Fairly would have been a no-brianer Top 3 pick. But for some reason football decides to be the only sport that holds their draft 4 months after the season has ended, so now you've just given NFL people time to overthink things and suffer paralysis by analysis and ignore what's blatantly obvious to the naked eye.
This.

:laugh2: at people and their analysis. The guy was the most dominant defensive player in the SEC, by far. Anyone who thinks otherwise should go back and watch the Aub/LSU game (or various other games) and see how often he got "bullied".

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hey Nick Fairley, heres millions of dollars guaranteed.....now promise us you will stay in shape and make it to all the meetings?