Twitter: Cowboys are on QB Russell Wilson's list

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EvGRfvxXMAIoV4J

Sydla

Reaction score
So he's elite because he won a Super Bowl when he wasn't elite? So Joe Flacco is elite? Eli Manning elite...he won TWO of them.

So you're argument is that once you pay Russell he will come here and win a Super Bowl even though he had a better team last year and didn't sniff one?

So what's your opinion of Russell? Do you think Dak is better?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yet, you just said he was "elite" and you pay elite.......so why would you pay Russell? To put up good fantasy football stats?
What amazes me is that people are blaming the contract of Wilson for not getting better. Being unable to draft for a decade is why the Seahawks arent that good. Not his contract.

Adreme

Reaction score
ill do dak and our 10 for him today..lets do it..he will be our 2021 version of Torn Brady and we get to a SB

Would take more than 10 because Seattle would have to eat a LOT of dead money in any trade and the Cowboys get him for basically 3 years 60 million which is basically nothing. Probably talking multiple 1s.

lk8701

Reaction score
Would take more than 10 because Seattle would have to eat a LOT of dead money in any trade and the Cowboys get him for basically 3 years 60 million which is basically nothing. Probably talking multiple 1s.

Maybe a 3 team deal could be worked out? Dak for 2 1st rounders. Then Dallas sends the 10th pick + the 2 first rounders from the team that trades for Dak.

doomsday808

Reaction score
This + major leg injury=leverage. It will be interesting to see how JJ plays this. Football poker, gotta love it!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What amazes me is that people are blaming the contract of Wilson for not getting better. Being unable to draft for a decade is why the Seahawks arent that good. Not his contract.

That's been my stance this whole time on the whole "Well you can't pay a QB money" argument. So Russell's contract made them avoid offensive line and trade for over the hill Duane Brown?

People can say what they want about Goff and yeah he's not a very good QB to me but they handed out some stupid contracts and IMO made some stupid trades. They haven't had a 1st rounder since I believe Goff. That's just not running your franchise smart.

These organizations get told "take advantage of your rookie QB salary" and they feel the pressure and make these dumb trades. Seahawks had no business trading for Jamal Adams. NONE.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So what's your opinion of Russell? Do you think Dak is better?
Not at all. He's top 3 for me personally. Mahomes, Russ and Rodgers.

If the Seahawks wanted to do a Dak for Russell Wilson straight up? I'd jump on it. For sure. But do I think Russell Wilson is a 10th overall pick better than Dak? No I don't.

I just saw what Russell did last season with a better team, better organization and better personnel sit here and underachieve just like the Cowboys have been doing. I could sit here and be naive and think well the Cowboys are the Cowboys and we are just better than everyone so let's trade for Russ. I'm not there though.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Anyone suggesting or even hinting at Dak being better than Wilson or saying he's not elite don't know football and should be placed on an ignore list. They refuse to watch and analyze games, thus they add nothing to the discussion.

Having said that, I don't want Wilson. Too pricy and we aren't the Bucs, we don't have the pieces in place to go into "Win now" mode. We need to rebuild and we won't do that with his contract and giving up picks.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
does any one really think wilson will really come to dallas to play for that inept franchise

Sydla

Reaction score
Not at all. He's top 3 for me personally. Mahomes, Russ and Rodgers.

If the Seahawks wanted to do a Dak for Russell Wilson straight up? I'd jump on it. For sure. But do I think Russell Wilson is a 10th overall pick better than Dak? No I don't.

I just saw what Russell did last season with a better team, better organization and better personnel sit here and underachieve just like the Cowboys have been doing. I could sit here and be naive and think well the Cowboys are the Cowboys and we are just better than everyone so let's trade for Russ. I'm not there though.

Did he have better personnel? I would argue he most certainly did not offensively.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did he have better personnel? I would argue he most certainly did not offensively.
I mean....its debatable. Offensively.....to me I'd take their running backs and receivers over ours....I'd take our tight ends....both offensive lines were bad but I'd probably take our offensive line too. But the defense is what puts it over for me. We have no one on defense the caliber of Jamal Adams.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wilson's agent needs to send him a video of Prescott's injury and Dalton's concussion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak would be dangerous in Seattle. On the other hand, I would be sad for Wilson if he were traded to Dallas. They'll screw him up.