CFZ Cowboys are one Eagles loss from controlling their destiny

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys laid an egg on offense in the first week. A lot of fans who questioned not playing starters during preseason were vindicated in that loss. The Offense clearly wasn't ready to go.

Since then, the Cowboys have lost only once...on the road...against the team with the best record in football who played in front of their hometown crowd...while the Cowboys were playing with their back-up QB who threw 3 interceptions...and it still took a late 4th quarter drive for the Eagles to put the Cowboys away.

Still, all it takes is one Eagles loss, and the Cowboys are back in the driver's seat. If the Eagles lose just one game against any other NFL team, and the Cowboys win out, they will own homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Giants lost today, and the Cowboys are back in 2nd place in the NFC East.

In the 2nd half of last game and the game today, the Cowboys have scored 70 points - an average of 11.7 points per quarter. The offense scored 63 of those points - an average of 10.5 points per quarter. It appears that the offense may have regained their form from last season, when they led the NFL in offensive production and scoring. With a suffocating pass rush and pass defense, teams are reduced to rushing against the Cowboys, and if they don't have an athlete playing QB (Daniel Graham, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields) then they still have problems creating offense against this defense.

Obviously, the Cowboys still need to work on their rush defense, and if they do make the Super Bowl, they'll probably have to contend with either Mahomes or Allen at QB. So, this is a serious problem they need to solve to win a championship, but...

When the Eagles come to Dallas at the end of the year, All-World LT Tyron Smith will be back at LT. New Road grader LT Tyler Smith will kick inside to LG, and the Cowboys Oline will finally be healthy together. Dak, the guy who has owned the Eagles for years, will be back under center, and Rush will be on the sidelines. They will be playing in Dallas, not Philadelphia.

The Cowboys have a week to rest and get healthy. This team has the best chance to get to the Super Bowl of any team in Dallas since 2014. Buckle up your chin strap. Get the Popcorn ready. The 2nd half of the season promises to be quite the show.

Go Cowboys!!
You stole my thunder. This is exactly the thought I had and wanted to post today. We’ll done !!

This does look like our best chance since 2014. It helps that all of the previous top contenders in NFC could also be down with exception of SF.

If this offense can return to similar form of 2021 with this current defense we become a very formidable opponent . And will be a tough out.

But if we can’t win division we will have to do it on the road 3 straight weeks . What a difference it could make if we had two home games instead.

erod

Reaction score
The Eagles are one Cowboys loss from clinching the NFC East.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Eagles are one Cowboys loss from clinching the NFC East.
Egirls have a much easier schedule. I definitely agree it’s more likely we could lose another game before they do. They have the inside track for the East and #1 seed with win over Viqueens.

My focus is on Dallas gaining the 5th or 6th seed. I’d prefer the 5th seed which we are now which could mean going to Atlanta as 4th seed which looks very winnable to me.

The fact that the NFC doesn’t possibly go thru LA, GB or Tampa this year makes the NFC very getable .

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but my dream scenario is that we lose to the eagles in the last game and they have an undefeated season. We play them in the Championship game and beat them to give them their only loss of the season, effectively ending their season and Super Bowl aspirations.

rags

Reaction score
Eagles still play the Giants twice and us once more. Personally I’m more concerned about staying healthy than getting the number 1 seed. I think we are a hard out if we are healthy no matter what our seed is.

The Giants didn't look all that great against Seattle yesterday. They can be beaten.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
The Cowboys laid an egg on offense in the first week. A lot of fans who questioned not playing starters during preseason were vindicated in that loss. The Offense clearly wasn't ready to go.

Since then, the Cowboys have lost only once...on the road...against the team with the best record in football who played in front of their hometown crowd...while the Cowboys were playing with their back-up QB who threw 3 interceptions...and it still took a late 4th quarter drive for the Eagles to put the Cowboys away.

Still, all it takes is one Eagles loss, and the Cowboys are back in the driver's seat. If the Eagles lose just one game against any other NFL team, and the Cowboys win out, they will own homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Giants lost today, and the Cowboys are back in 2nd place in the NFC East.

In the 2nd half of last game and the game today, the Cowboys have scored 70 points - an average of 11.7 points per quarter. The offense scored 63 of those points - an average of 10.5 points per quarter. It appears that the offense may have regained their form from last season, when they led the NFL in offensive production and scoring. With a suffocating pass rush and pass defense, teams are reduced to rushing against the Cowboys, and if they don't have an athlete playing QB (Daniel Graham, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields) then they still have problems creating offense against this defense.

Obviously, the Cowboys still need to work on their rush defense, and if they do make the Super Bowl, they'll probably have to contend with either Mahomes or Allen at QB. So, this is a serious problem they need to solve to win a championship, but...

When the Eagles come to Dallas at the end of the year, All-World LT Tyron Smith will be back at LT. New Road grader LT Tyler Smith will kick inside to LG, and the Cowboys Oline will finally be healthy together. Dak, the guy who has owned the Eagles for years, will be back under center, and Rush will be on the sidelines. They will be playing in Dallas, not Philadelphia.

The Cowboys have a week to rest and get healthy. This team has the best chance to get to the Super Bowl of any team in Dallas since 2014. Buckle up your chin strap. Get the Popcorn ready. The 2nd half of the season promises to be quite the show.

Go Cowboys!!
I am hoping we are even with the Eagles by the time we play them or no worse than 1 game back. Makes the gave even more important. The eagles are for real this year. Very well rounded team. That being said, I think we can beat them if they have all their starters and we have all of our 1st team guys playing. jmho

Either way we play, we should still get in as a wild card.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can't say what it is, but Philly can eat a dump truck full of them.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
I think there are losses ahead for both these teams regardless of how easy the remaining schedules appear. It’s the NFL on any given Sunday. Let’s hope they can stay relatively healthy and enjoy the ride.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, no.

Even if Philly loses a game and we beat them in the rematch, the odds of us having the tiebreaker are extremely low. That’s why I don’t understand why everyone was so nonchalant when we lost against them the other week. That game was huge and has very big implications if we make the playoffs. At this point, we likely won’t win the division get the first round bye. We’ll need to focus on the wildcard and that’s just the way it is now.

How are the odds low?

Sydla

Reaction score

Go Cowboys!!

Sure, technically.

But we aren’t winning out.

Sydla

Reaction score
How are the odds low?

I don’t think it’s low either. You’d have to hope they lose to a NFC team. Like say Green Bay or the Bears. Then we’d tie on head to head, conference and divisional records if we both finished with two losses.

Then next tie breaker is mini-pod of teams both played, I believe. In that sense, we’d have the tiebreaker as we would have beaten the Bears and GB, with them losing to one of them.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think anyone who is expecting Philly to run the table is fooling themselves. Lol.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why would the cowboys have the tiebreaker over the eagles if they both finish with two losses? It’s hard for me to believe any loss at all would give Dallas the tiebreaker over Philly in every scenario. You are probably wrong.
Would have to be an NFC team like the Bears, who Dallas beat

Swagger

Reaction score
Apart from the Cowboys which other teams do you see beating the Eagles? Packers and Titans are the two that stand out but they play both at home.

Cowboys have two tough looking road games vs Packers and Vikings then three gimme home games then the Jags away which could be tricky as they are better than their record. Eagles at home then the Titans away before another gimme vs Washington.

The Eagles are taking advantage of their soft schedule.

Praxit

Reaction score
Eagles still play the Giants twice and us once more. Personally I’m more concerned about staying healthy than getting the number 1 seed. I think we are a hard out if we are healthy no matter what our seed is.
..yes sir, by the time we face Eagles again, they might have 3 losses. Getting that 1 seed is the ideal.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dallas can get past GB and Minny with 2 more wins, they have a great shot of catching Philthy. I don’t care what green bays record is, i won’t believe we can beat them until I see it.