CFZ Cowboys are one Eagles loss from controlling their destiny

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
The Cowboys laid an egg on offense in the first week. A lot of fans who questioned not playing starters during preseason were vindicated in that loss. The Offense clearly wasn't ready to go.

Since then, the Cowboys have lost only once...on the road...against the team with the best record in football who played in front of their hometown crowd...while the Cowboys were playing with their back-up QB who threw 3 interceptions...and it still took a late 4th quarter drive for the Eagles to put the Cowboys away.

Still, all it takes is one Eagles loss, and the Cowboys are back in the driver's seat. If the Eagles lose just one game against any other NFL team, and the Cowboys win out, they will own homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Giants lost today, and the Cowboys are back in 2nd place in the NFC East.

In the 2nd half of last game and the game today, the Cowboys have scored 70 points - an average of 11.7 points per quarter. The offense scored 63 of those points - an average of 10.5 points per quarter. It appears that the offense may have regained their form from last season, when they led the NFL in offensive production and scoring. With a suffocating pass rush and pass defense, teams are reduced to rushing against the Cowboys, and if they don't have an athlete playing QB (Daniel Graham, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields) then they still have problems creating offense against this defense.

Obviously, the Cowboys still need to work on their rush defense, and if they do make the Super Bowl, they'll probably have to contend with either Mahomes or Allen at QB. So, this is a serious problem they need to solve to win a championship, but...

When the Eagles come to Dallas at the end of the year, All-World LT Tyron Smith will be back at LT. New Road grader LT Tyler Smith will kick inside to LG, and the Cowboys Oline will finally be healthy together. Dak, the guy who has owned the Eagles for years, will be back under center, and Rush will be on the sidelines. They will be playing in Dallas, not Philadelphia.

The Cowboys have a week to rest and get healthy. This team has the best chance to get to the Super Bowl of any team in Dallas since 2014. Buckle up your chin strap. Get the Popcorn ready. The 2nd half of the season promises to be quite the show.

Go Cowboys!!

I guard myself from getting to high on the Cowboys before November, but this team feels different to me. They play their butts off. They play together. They have great leadership on both sides the ball. To hell with it, LETS GO COWBOYS!

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get booooooooed for this but, here goes. I'm glad Dallas lost the first one.

It's verry hard to beat a really good team 3 times in one season. We have them Christmas eve and maybe again in the NFC championship game.

Go Cowboys

49ers, Minnesota, could get in the way.:)

glimmerman

Reaction score
If you play the rpo then that’s all they have. Bring up a safety and let Parsons go. When Parsons laid back they ran at him. When he came they thew quick passes over him. If you have a player that can set on the quick routes you can let him go after hurts. Plus we have a bunch of other pressure players that can bring it if they go away from Parsons. Elliot can bang on them. And Dak owns them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys laid an egg on offense in the first week. A lot of fans who questioned not playing starters during preseason were vindicated in that loss. The Offense clearly wasn't ready to go.

Since then, the Cowboys have lost only once...on the road...against the team with the best record in football who played in front of their hometown crowd...while the Cowboys were playing with their back-up QB who threw 3 interceptions...and it still took a late 4th quarter drive for the Eagles to put the Cowboys away.

Still, all it takes is one Eagles loss, and the Cowboys are back in the driver's seat. If the Eagles lose just one game against any other NFL team, and the Cowboys win out, they will own homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Giants lost today, and the Cowboys are back in 2nd place in the NFC East.

In the 2nd half of last game and the game today, the Cowboys have scored 70 points - an average of 11.7 points per quarter. The offense scored 63 of those points - an average of 10.5 points per quarter. It appears that the offense may have regained their form from last season, when they led the NFL in offensive production and scoring. With a suffocating pass rush and pass defense, teams are reduced to rushing against the Cowboys, and if they don't have an athlete playing QB (Daniel Graham, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields) then they still have problems creating offense against this defense.

Obviously, the Cowboys still need to work on their rush defense, and if they do make the Super Bowl, they'll probably have to contend with either Mahomes or Allen at QB. So, this is a serious problem they need to solve to win a championship, but...

When the Eagles come to Dallas at the end of the year, All-World LT Tyron Smith will be back at LT. New Road grader LT Tyler Smith will kick inside to LG, and the Cowboys Oline will finally be healthy together. Dak, the guy who has owned the Eagles for years, will be back under center, and Rush will be on the sidelines. They will be playing in Dallas, not Philadelphia.

The Cowboys have a week to rest and get healthy. This team has the best chance to get to the Super Bowl of any team in Dallas since 2014. Buckle up your chin strap. Get the Popcorn ready. The 2nd half of the season promises to be quite the show.

Go Cowboys!!
KC or Bills might be a better matchup for the Cowboys than the Niners were last season.

The Niners were a run focused offense which is the weakness of the Cowboys defense.

Run focused offenses limit the Cowboys biggest weapon on defense...Micah Parsons. It also limits 2nd best player on defense, Diggs.

On the downside, Mahomes & Allen are both mobile QBs which seems to give the Cowboys some problems. Running by the QB seemed to be the only thing that kept the Giants offense competitive vs the Cowboys.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
If you play the rpo then that’s all they have. Bring up a safety and let Parsons go. When Parsons laid back they ran at him. When he came they thew quick passes over him. If you have a player that can set on the quick routes you can let him go after hurts. Plus we have a bunch of other pressure players that can bring it if they go away from Parsons. Elliot can bang on them. And Dak owns them.
LOL yeah it’s so easy yet so far 8 head coaches and d coordinators however for the most part failed to stop them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
IDC about the eagles right now.

play 17 see how it shakes out. not looking over or up at anyone. control what you can control and the Cowboys just need to do that because we are one loss away from not controlling anything in the east. these next 3 games will determine the rest of the 22 seasons. GB, MN, and NYG all could be trouble if post bye cowboys show up again.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We need to win our remaining division games and hope that Philly loses another besides the one vs us.

As far as common opponents, 14 of the 17 games fall into that category.

The difference….we had TB, Cin, Rams (2-1)

Them….Ari, Pit (2-0) with NO remaining.

So if Philly beats NO and the teams end up tied, Dallas should win the common opponents tiebreaker if it gets to that point. Not a reason to root for Philly in that game as we hope to beat them outright, but it may very well come down to common opponents.

The Giants are actually the key to the Dallas/Philly division title run. We need to win on Thanksgiving and have them pick off Philly twice.

At any rate a Thanksgiving loss would seriously hamper any shot at a division win, and it’s not as if there’s two pansies sitting there in between now and then.

If they win this division this year it will have been fully earned, and hopefully would have them a little more prepared come playoff time.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
How am I clueless I'm just reading

Conference tie-breaker rules:
  • Division tie-breaker rules are applied to decide the highest-ranking club from each division.
  • Head to head rule is applied to decide a playoff team.
  • The team with the best won-loss-tied percentage in games played within the conference qualifies.
Are you even bothering to read what you post?

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOL yeah it’s so easy yet so far 8 head coaches and d coordinators however for the most part failed to stop them.
They never brought the safety or corner up to stop it. They let Parsons stop rushing and turn around and chase someone down. Quinn better start using the other players to help Parsons instead of leaving to much on Parsons. We need him fresh in the playoffs. Just because he can do it don’t mean to leave it to him. He will end up injured (oh yeah he is) and worn down.

The last game I saw footage of them letting Fowler and a safety sitting on bootlegs and screens..

Beaker42

Reaction score
So what do they go by if Records are the same. I mean if they don't that's better for me i we lost to Tampa and Philly so if we Beat them and they have two loses us and the Giants we win so I'm just trying to figure it out . I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything.

Well an Eagles fan would believe that BUT we'll see
Our only hope is to beat them at home and not lose another division game and hope the Giants beat them 1 of their 2 games with them - which I see happens.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
injuries can happen, dallas has always had a lot of injuries especially on the defence...i think the eagles take the game in december vs the cowboys. dak will have down games aswell.

meddle ---- are you cowboy fan or another team fan?....i mean its cool regardless.....but your post is invigorating me to lay a super Plat we beat Sheagles.....i am total Homer with cowboys never go against them

even against all odds.....they were my only real hero growing up as a kid so i dont kick to curb easily