CFZ Cowboys are one Eagles loss from controlling their destiny

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Im saying nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

While it’s unlikely any specific team goes undefeated, it’s also extraordinarily unlikely no one goes undefeated ever again

OK that's all I'm saying Bro. Cowboys at this point of the season, control their own destiny. And while I AM A Cowboys homer, it doesn't take that to see it

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The Cowboys laid an egg on offense in the first week. A lot of fans who questioned not playing starters during preseason were vindicated in that loss. The Offense clearly wasn't ready to go.

Since then, the Cowboys have lost only once...on the road...against the team with the best record in football who played in front of their hometown crowd...while the Cowboys were playing with their back-up QB who threw 3 interceptions...and it still took a late 4th quarter drive for the Eagles to put the Cowboys away.

Still, all it takes is one Eagles loss, and the Cowboys are back in the driver's seat. If the Eagles lose just one game against any other NFL team, and the Cowboys win out, they will own homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Giants lost today, and the Cowboys are back in 2nd place in the NFC East.

In the 2nd half of last game and the game today, the Cowboys have scored 70 points - an average of 11.7 points per quarter. The offense scored 63 of those points - an average of 10.5 points per quarter. It appears that the offense may have regained their form from last season, when they led the NFL in offensive production and scoring. With a suffocating pass rush and pass defense, teams are reduced to rushing against the Cowboys, and if they don't have an athlete playing QB (Daniel Graham, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields) then they still have problems creating offense against this defense.

Obviously, the Cowboys still need to work on their rush defense, and if they do make the Super Bowl, they'll probably have to contend with either Mahomes or Allen at QB. So, this is a serious problem they need to solve to win a championship, but...

When the Eagles come to Dallas at the end of the year, All-World LT Tyron Smith will be back at LT. New Road grader LT Tyler Smith will kick inside to LG, and the Cowboys Oline will finally be healthy together. Dak, the guy who has owned the Eagles for years, will be back under center, and Rush will be on the sidelines. They will be playing in Dallas, not Philadelphia.

The Cowboys have a week to rest and get healthy. This team has the best chance to get to the Super Bowl of any team in Dallas since 2014. Buckle up your chin strap. Get the Popcorn ready. The 2nd half of the season promises to be quite the show.

Go Cowboys!!
Not sure how the Eagles are going to finish, I don't think the Boys are going to go 15-2 this season. I believe 12 wins is within reach if they can fix the run defense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone keeps waiting for Philly to lose. We may be waiting for a good while because the toughest games they have left are with us and the Giants. We have the Packers coming up after the bye at Lambeau and despite how they’ve played Aaron Rodgers has had our number. We also have the Vikings who are currently 6-1. The Cowboys are one loss away from being in a hole they may not be able to dig their way out of. We’re going to be in a must win situation when we play them the second time if we’re going to have any chance at winning the division.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
As NFC East Champs ! It'll take more than some message board chumps to make me backdown. I'm old school

It is outside of Dallas’s control. Even if Dalls wins out, they have to hope 2 teams beat Philadelphia other than Dallas.

While it’s unlikely Philly goes undefeated, it’s outside of Dallas’s hands whether or not them winning out is enough. Only Philly currently controls their own destiny as NFC East champions

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s low either. You’d have to hope they lose to a NFC team. Like say Green Bay or the Bears. Then we’d tie on head to head, conference and divisional records if we both finished with two losses.

Then next tie breaker is mini-pod of teams both played, I believe. In that sense, we’d have the tiebreaker as we would have beaten the Bears and GB, with them losing to one of them.

Thanks for the input. It seems pretty obvious that accounts are trying hard to manufacture doubt following a blowout win with a offensive explosion.

Sydla

Reaction score
It is outside of Dallas’s control. Even if Dalls wins out, they have to hope 2 teams beat Philadelphia other than Dallas.

While it’s unlikely Philly goes undefeated, it’s outside of Dallas’s hands whether or not them winning out is enough. Only Philly currently controls their own destiny as NFC East champions

If Dallas wins out and the Eagles drop a common opponent game like to say Green Bay or the Bears or Titans............... Dallas would win the NFCE because they would have the common game advantage. Common opponents are Detroit, Vikings, Jags, Bears, Packers, Titans, Colts, Texans. If Dallas wins out, they would be 8-0 against common opponents, the Eagles would be 7-1. Common opponents is the 3rd tiebreaker behind head to head and then divisional record (which also, if the Eagles lost to Dallas and then lost to Commanders or Giants, Dallas would win the division by winning out - again, not needing two more losses by Philly besides just the Dallas game).

So no, Dallas doesn't need to beat Philly AND have them lose two other games. If both finish 15-2 and one of those Philly losses is to a common opponent, Dallas would win.

It's moot anyway. Dallas isn't going 15-2.

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you think we’ll finish 5-4 our last 9 games?

TheHerd---- yeah that reply pretty much put me in front of room with "dunce" hat on.....the last half of season changes things....of course love to go 9-0....but if we went 7-2 maybe even 6-3 I would not be too upset

if we can roll into Lambeau field like 2016 and put decent beatdown on Packers....will go a long way for us even though Packers have had our number last few years.....would love to spit with Sheagles and

2-0 against the G-Women and beat Vikings too......we lost to Sheagles 26-17 with Rush as QB....now with Dak getting better each week coming back and we wont make same mistakes against quick

and ankle breaking QB's....when you rush them you stop 1-2 yds in front of them and get into basketball defense stance...legs widened and nimble to go any direction....you saw we rush at them fast

last split second they fake us out of our jocks......i think our DC will have better scheme for them....at least its not the ol Garrett Way....same thing every play just beat they guy in front of you even if he is

better.....really frustrated me

JustChip

Reaction score
The Cowboys laid an egg on offense in the first week. A lot of fans who questioned not playing starters during preseason were vindicated in that loss. The Offense clearly wasn't ready to go.

Since then, the Cowboys have lost only once...on the road...against the team with the best record in football who played in front of their hometown crowd...while the Cowboys were playing with their back-up QB who threw 3 interceptions...and it still took a late 4th quarter drive for the Eagles to put the Cowboys away.

Still, all it takes is one Eagles loss, and the Cowboys are back in the driver's seat. If the Eagles lose just one game against any other NFL team, and the Cowboys win out, they will own homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Giants lost today, and the Cowboys are back in 2nd place in the NFC East.

In the 2nd half of last game and the game today, the Cowboys have scored 70 points - an average of 11.7 points per quarter. The offense scored 63 of those points - an average of 10.5 points per quarter. It appears that the offense may have regained their form from last season, when they led the NFL in offensive production and scoring. With a suffocating pass rush and pass defense, teams are reduced to rushing against the Cowboys, and if they don't have an athlete playing QB (Daniel Graham, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields) then they still have problems creating offense against this defense.

Obviously, the Cowboys still need to work on their rush defense, and if they do make the Super Bowl, they'll probably have to contend with either Mahomes or Allen at QB. So, this is a serious problem they need to solve to win a championship, but...

When the Eagles come to Dallas at the end of the year, All-World LT Tyron Smith will be back at LT. New Road grader LT Tyler Smith will kick inside to LG, and the Cowboys Oline will finally be healthy together. Dak, the guy who has owned the Eagles for years, will be back under center, and Rush will be on the sidelines. They will be playing in Dallas, not Philadelphia.

The Cowboys have a week to rest and get healthy. This team has the best chance to get to the Super Bowl of any team in Dallas since 2014. Buckle up your chin strap. Get the Popcorn ready. The 2nd half of the season promises to be quite the show.

Go Cowboys!!
Dallas won’t have tiebreaker even if they win out if the Eagles’ only other loss is to an AFC team. In that case, the Eagles will have a better conference record din the Cowboys’ other loss was an NFC opponent.

JBS

Reaction score
If the eagles lose to NO and Dallas and Dallas runs the table. The tiebreaker will come down strength of victory in all games loool.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
TheHerd---- yeah that reply pretty much put me in front of room with "dunce" hat on.....the last half of season changes things....of course love to go 9-0....but if we went 7-2 maybe even 6-3 I would not be too upset

if we can roll into Lambeau field like 2016 and put decent beatdown on Packers....will go a long way for us even though Packers have had our number last few years.....would love to spit with Sheagles and

2-0 against the G-Women and beat Vikings too......we lost to Sheagles 26-17 with Rush as QB....now with Dak getting better each week coming back and we wont make same mistakes against quick

and ankle breaking QB's....when you rush them you stop 1-2 yds in front of them and get into basketball defense stance...legs widened and nimble to go any direction....you saw we rush at them fast

last split second they fake us out of our jocks......i think our DC will have better scheme for them....at least its not the ol Garrett Way....same thing every play just beat they guy in front of you even if he is

better.....really frustrated me
injuries can happen, dallas has always had a lot of injuries especially on the defence...i think the eagles take the game in december vs the cowboys. dak will have down games aswell.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the Cowboys are one loss from being 3.5 back unless the Eagles lose a game.

The question is what's the most favorable situation for the Cowboys to get more than one game deep into the playoffs?

Homefield? One less game to play to get to the Big Dance but the last two times this team had that, they were sent packing.

McC once had homefield with a 15-1 GB team and was sent packing.

The risk of playing an additional game is injury to key players and they're all on the road but a good run team and defense travels well in the playoffs. And they've lost 1 at home and 1 on the road.

I do not think the Cowboys win the East and the 17 year curse becomes the 18 year curse but I am not sold that being a WC wouldn't be better for this young team.