Cowboys are QB Hunting

DFWJC

Reaction score
So later rounds generally unless Hooker drops due to i jury to late 2nd?

Carson

Reaction score
DTR is the only one I haven't watched. I like that M&M are looking at mobile.
DTR has the upside. But he seems to be more of a one read, screen/short pass type. It is a perfect fit for McCarthy but less of a fit in a scheme like Moore’s

Mookie

Reaction score
I would at least talk to McKee just in case, and also why not Haener or Bennett?

Carson

Reaction score
I would at least talk to McKee just in case, and also why not Haener or Bennett?
I don’t think Bennett turns into anything great. Seems like another good college QB from Georgia (not named Stafford). Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, Aaron Murray etc.

He’s a guy I toss a 6th rounder at and hope he develops. He is a great leader.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Call me when they start looking at 1st round QB's. Until then odds are we are just talking about career backups.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this is not surprising.they have been looking to cut Cooper rush for 2 years straight but nobody steps up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Call me when they start looking at 1st round QB's. Until then odds are we are just talking about career backups.
Pretty narrow way to draft IMO. Outside of Dak / Romo…Hurts, Wilson, Carr etc were all drafted after the 1st.

Mr_437

Reaction score
DTR has the upside. But he seems to be more of a one read, screen/short pass type. It is a perfect fit for McCarthy but less of a fit in a scheme like Moore’s
Honestly, after watching I see him doing well in the Eagles (RPO) offense. I definitely like these running QBs if the MM offense is like you described.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is something they should have been doing on a continuous basis, about once every three seasons. If they had been doing so, then they never would have had to overpay Dak. I'm not talking about a 6th round "developmental player" (no disrespect to Brady), the majority of them should be top 3 rounds. They have wasted less in the 2nd rounds.

I can't understand the concept of a "franchise" quarterback and why the Cowboys don't open the position to more competition. If any starting QB is upset by a challenge to their starting position then they are conceding the possibility that the other QB could be better. Otherwise, I would think they would welcome competition to lift their game and demonstrate their superior skill set.

If you draft a QB every 3rd season then there is always someone waiting in the wings during contract negotiations. It gives the franchise incredible leverage.