Cowboys are QB Hunting

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So what round are we drafting Duggan? Hope it's 5th or later.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Pretty narrow way to draft IMO. Outside of Dak / Romo…Hurts, Wilson, Carr etc were all drafted after the 1st.
Exactly. It's a very short list of SB QB's drafted outside rounds 1 and 2. And most of them are round 1. Notice you had to include Carr/Dak/Romo and none of them have sniffed a SB.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Exactly. It's a very short list of SB QB's drafted outside rounds 1 and 2. And most of them are round 1. Notice you had to include Carr/Dak/Romo and none of them have sniffed a SB.
Takes more than just the QB to win the Super Bowl. Everyone I listed is more than capable.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Takes more than just the QB to win the Super Bowl. Everyone I listed is more than capable.
I would heartily disagree outside of Hurts and the guys who actually won one in your list. Opinions aside, the facts are the facts - most Super Bowl qbs in the modern era are drafted in the first round, and almost all of them are in the first 2 rounds. It is what it is regardless of what people choose to believe.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I would heartily disagree outside of Hurts and the guys who actually won one in your list. Opinions aside, the facts are the facts - most Super Bowl qbs in the modern era are drafted in the first round, and almost all of them are in the first 2 rounds. It is what it is regardless of what people choose to believe.
Sure, bc QBs are overdrafted in the first round every year.

My point is there are several QBs that are non 1st rounders that outperform 1st rounders that have won a Super Bowl almost every year. Ex Matt Stafford…

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Sure, bc QBs are overdrafted in the first round every year.

My point is there are several QBs that are non 1st rounders that outperform 1st rounders that have won a Super Bowl almost every year. Ex Matt Stafford…
You must be talking about meaningless regular season stats. Who cares? Maybe your goal is to do well in the regular season. If so then keep picking the Dak's and Romo's of the world. If you want to get to a super bowl the facts dictate otherwise.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You must be talking about meaningless regular season stats. Who cares? Maybe your goal is to do well in the regular season. If so then keep picking the Dak's and Romo's of the world. If you want to get to a super bowl the facts dictate otherwise.
No, just overall QB play.

Stafford threw 2 picks in the Super Bowl and had a QBR under 90 and won.

As a #1 overall pick in the draft the Lions we’re never considered a legit Super Bowl contender…ever.

He went to a super team and won a Super Bowl despite not playing good in the biggest game of the season:

Mookie

Reaction score
Imaginte this draft

AeGW8ea.png

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score

As a #1 overall pick in the draft the Lions we’re never considered a legit Super Bowl contender…ever.

He went to a super team and won a Super Bowl despite not playing good in the biggest game of the season:
You seem to be cherry picking examples to make whatever your point is. Mine point is simple - the bottom line is history says if you want to make it to a super bowl, overwhelmingly your best chance is to draft a QB in the first 2 rounds, and the best odds are in the 1st round. QB's drafted later are almost always backups, journeymen, JAGs, or fools gold.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You seem to be cherry picking examples to make whatever your point is. Mine point is simple - the bottom line is history says if you want to make it to a super bowl, overwhelmingly your best chance is to draft a QB in the first 2 rounds, and the best odds are in the 1st round. QB's drafted later are almost always backups, journeymen, JAGs, or fools gold.
And again, I agree most times 1st round QBs are usually more successful.

But there are multiple examples of Qbs outside of the 1st round that play good enough to win a super bowl if the team is good enough.

Hurts was below average until he had an elite OL and arguably the best 1-2 punch at WR in football.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Bennett is a peer of Tom Brady age wise.
And Hooker is only 3 months younger than Bennett, while recovering from an ACL. I wouldn't bother with either of them.

I'm more of a Haener guy but he doesn't seem to be on the Cowboys list. Of the guys on it Tune might be interesting.

Smurfinaus

Reaction score
Which one of the QB's would
1. fit MM's scheme and
2. likely to be available at the appropiate pick/round??

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Threw a terrible pop fly that the niner dB dropped in the 4th quarter too

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
And again, I agree most times 1st round QBs are usually more successful.

But there are multiple examples of Qbs outside of the 1st round that play good enough to win a super bowl if the team is good enough.

Hurts was below average until he had an elite OL and arguably the best 1-2 punch at WR in football.
You keep relying on what ifs and hypotheticals. I'll stick with reality and results.