Video: Cowboys are the one team that doesn't take Stephen A. Smith's calls... lol

dallasdave

Reaction score
Two words for smith -SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roughneck266

Reaction score
Cant stand the guy. Never could. Seems everytime the Boys are mentioned in his presence his face dops. Kinda looks like the grinch..

Hoov

Reaction score
I listened to the piece and it was mostly a fair assessment, IMO of the Cowboys 2007-2010 where I thought the team routinely underachieved before it imploded at the end of the Wade regime.

I don't believe the Dallas Cowboys of 2011-12 had elite talent to win a title. They were far away in 2011 and in 2012 they would have had an outside chance with good health but instead endured a horrific season of injury and poor OL play.

I have said since the offseason this is the most complete roster we have had in a long time. After the start of the season and the answers along the OL and Safety you could now argue this is the most complete team since our last championship year, even more complete than the teams in 2006, 2007 and 2009 that made the playoffs. The 2006 team had a bad defense, the 2007 team had a bad secondary and mediocre LB play and the 2009 team couldn't run the ball in the red zone at all and the OL was finished by the offseason and just laid down against the Vikings. This team is better than those teams in its internal spirit/heart and better in overall strength across the board with no glaring weakness and may even be better overall than any team since the championships.

I look forward to these guys competing as a truly united team with sufficient talent (both players and coaching) to compete with the best teams in the NFL. This is a first in the Garrett regime and I am excited to see what his group of guys (players and coaches) can accomplish.

agree

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Why is it that we hate someone when he tells the truth about our team? I mean, we actually say some of the same things here but when an outsider says it, OH MY GOODNESS he's an idiot. Yeah he gets loud and stuff like that, but if you listen to what he's saying, he's dead on accurate. I remember when Barkley used to bash the Mavs every chance he got, but the year we won it all, way before that he was picking Dallas based on things he saw differently. If you want respect as a team, you have to earn it.

Hoov

Reaction score
Why is it that we hate someone when he tells the truth about our team? I mean, we actually say some of the same things here but when an outsider says it, OH MY GOODNESS he's an idiot. Yeah he gets loud and stuff like that, but if you listen to what he's saying, he's dead on accurate. I remember when Barkley used to bash the Mavs every chance he got, but the year we won it all, way before that he was picking Dallas based on things he saw differently. If you want respect as a team, you have to earn it.

He's an "in your face" kind of reporter - but he gets paid to play that role. But if someone throws out a lie or something inaccurate he will stop and make sure that he clarifies that is not his position or assessment. He is very clear on what he believes and does not get swayed by other peoples position.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I dont mind watching him. The guy tries to give accurate assessments. I think he tries to be fair. The show he does is designed to create contoversy but i think he draws the line at a point where others just run with BS.

I disagree. SAS goes WAY over the top at times. I don't mind him laying some truth out there. But more often than not its his version of an inaccurate truth.
He gets insulting and he even gets personal.

birdwells1

Reaction score
He's a known NYG fans, and he's also a known RG3 lover. Not sure about the Eagles, but he hates Dallas and spews a lot of non sense about them.

Actually Skip's is the RGIII lover, SAS liked Luck more.

tico

Reaction score
dude is really annoying, like he tells Skip that he knows nothing about B'ball he needs to shut up about Football

Nav22

Reaction score
If you're a fan who pays any attention to what these clowns have to say, shame on you.

They don't know sports beyond what the average fan knows.

If you asked them to draw a Cover 3 defense on a whiteboard, they'd look back at you with completely vacant looks on their faces.

They've been exposed numerous times as know-nothing hacks. Youtube the clip of Mark Cuban completely embarrassing Skip.

They're successful at what they do because the average fan also knows very little about the sports they're so passionate about. So these toads prey on fans' ignorance and their passion as well.

It's silly TV for silly, know-nothing fans. Simple as that.