News: Cowboys ask League to Review Giants Radios (NY Post)

movaughn88

Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2016/12/15/nfl-investigating-giants-for-possible-walkie-talkie-violation/
The Cowboys filed a formal request with the league to investigate. NFL officials cannot ensure that teams using a walkie-talkie are in compliance with league rules, which stipulate the communication between the sideline and the quarterback shut off when 15 seconds remain on the play clock.

The league is acting on the Cowboys’ request to look into the matter.

The Giants did not have a comment.

Weird, does anyone know the consequences if found guilty? I'd guess imprisonment of the team's QB and Head Coach :cool:

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I'm assuming Garrett wasn't issued a radio?? If not, that's pretty bush league

from my understanding when the comms in the helmets go out, BOTH coaches are supposed to be doing the same thing in the form of communicating with the QB (e.g. if one coach uses a walkie talkie, the other coach should be able to as well)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://nypost.com/2016/12/15/nfl-investigating-giants-for-possible-walkie-talkie-violation/

Weird, does anyone know the consequences if found guilty? I'd guess imprisonment of the team's QB and Head Coach :cool:
That can't be legal because the walkie-talkie would not shut off during the play. Coaches could be screaming watch out behind you or receiver X is open deep right.

I'm surprised that the headset is compatible with a simple walkie-talkie. That is not very secure. If would be funny if fans had scanners like people listen to police scanners.

Sydla

Reaction score
I doubt this is much of anything but technically, the Giants could have been calling in a play to the defensive captain after Dak had many any line adjustments.

Didn't seem to work for their offense though that was stoned by the defense all game.

erod

Reaction score
I have long wished they'd do away with the communication equipment. Signal in from the sideline or send in the plays.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So the Giants had a communication advantage and still gained the same total yardage (260) as the Cowboys and scored just ten points to Dallas' 7?

Looks like I was right, Eli Manning does stink.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Whats the big issue? Mara and the Giants offered an alternate radio system to the Cowboys so the Giants wouldn't be perceived as having an advantage.

6231108255_d79c06db19.jpg