News: Cowboys ask League to Review Giants Radios (NY Post)

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
looks like a phony website and I think one of the cowboys blogs had some story about this other day and I wonder if they just picked up on it and is being spread around.

sounds kind of fake to me.
That could certainly be the case. If there was legitimacy to this story, you would think it would be a headline on all the sports news outlets. I have not seen anything.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
OK I've done a little googling and so far DYSTnow.com is the ONLY site that is making this claim.
I looked as well, but only briefly and this is the only place I have found to make this claim. I don't know if they pulled that out of their backside or if this has legs and just taking off or what.

I'll wait until it's verified elsewhere but I wouldn't put it past them. We already know Mara will do whatever he wants without fear of any real repercussions. But if this is true this would be the second time they've been accused of cheating this season

drawandstrike

Reaction score
I looked as well, but only briefly and this is the only place I have found to make this claim. I don't know if they pulled that out of their backside or if this has legs and just taking off or what.

I'll wait until it's verified elsewhere but I wouldn't put it past them. We already know Mara will do whatever he wants without fear of any real repercussions. But if this is true this would be the second time they've been accused of cheating this season

I've reached out to the author on Twitter to ask him what his source is for this claim. I'll report back if he replies.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
I've reached out to the author on Twitter to ask him what his source is for this claim. I'll report back if he replies

Yeah let us know! I'll be spitting mad if this is true. But a part of me hopes it is so that they'll get nailed for it. (Even though there's no guarantee that would ever happen lol)

Zordon

Reaction score
That's a fake story. Let's get back to the crux of the matter.

ESPN:

Coach Ben McAdoo was seen using a walkie-talkie to relay plays to quarterback Eli Manning when the Giants were having problems with their headsets early in the fourth quarter. Coaches are not allowed to hold any two-way radios during a game.

This should be an open/shut case...right? RIGHT?

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
That's a fake story. Let's get back to the crux of the matter.

ESPN:

This should be an open/shut case...right? RIGHT?
It should be, it's a clear violation. But I honestly don't have any faith with the way Goodell seems to run things as he sees fit. Coupled with Mara being the favorite child. I could see them possibly twisting their way out of this.

TheHerd

Reaction score
It should be, it's a clear violation. But I honestly don't have any faith with the way Goodell seems to run things as he sees fit. Coupled with Mara being the favorite child. I could see them possibly twisting their way out of this.
Possibly? This is Mara. No chance. Like others have said, the Cowboys will probably get punished before this is over.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
"What if our helmet radio quits working?"

"No problem. We've got these walkie talkies right here that we can use as our back up system, even though as 2-way communication devices, if we ever do use them it'd be a clear violation of the league rules!"

"BRILLIANT!"

Last edited:

drawandstrike

Reaction score
http://pro32.ap.org/article/giants-...cialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_NFL

This AP article specifies when the walkie-talkie was used. It was on the drive that ended in Brown's INT, but it was the Giant's 2nd-longest possession of the game, and longest time-wise.

How could it be possible that an NFL front office/coaching staff had no idea their backup system, should it ever be utilized, was a direct violation of NFL rules?

Could it be possible in your opinion that they had no idea they'd be in violation of the 15 second rule if they ever had to actually use these walkie talkies?

conner01

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully we have a member here who is knowledgeable on how it would be possible to prove that they were listening in.
I guess video of them talking in walkies during play but no way to prove if they listened to our plays

mugsybows

Reaction score
hefty fine of 150k for the team and 50k for the coach and move their pick in the fourth to the last pick in the round. as fish puts it if im a billion dollar team and this is the fine for using a walkie talkie to possibly cheat im doing it every game. this feels like a slap on the wrist to me.