Reaction score
132767.jpg

David Irving | Defensive Lineman
Team: Iowa State Cyclones
Age / DOB: (21) / 8/18/1993
Ht / Wt: 6'7' / 272

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

Iowa State dismissed senior DL David Irving worked out for the Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders and the Seattle Seahawks.
The ex-Iowa State prospect was dismissed from the program and did not play in 2014, as he was charged with fifth-degree theft, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief in connection with a student riot back in April. In 2013, Irving was also arrested on a domestic assault charge against his girlfriend. It will be interesting to see which team, if any, rolls the dice in the draft on Irving. Brandt notes that Irving "had a good workout, went through some bag drills, and is a potential sleeper prospect in the 2015 NFL Draft." Mar 24 - 2:59 PM
Source: NFL.com

RS12

Reaction score
Irving (6-foot-7 3/4, 273 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.84 seconds on both attempts; he posted a 1.69-second 10-yard split, which is very good. He had a 38-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-8 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.53 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.27 seconds.

Irving has an 87 3/4-inch wingspan, and they say he can tie his shoes while standing up. He had agood workout, went through some bag drills, and is a potential sleeper prospect in the 2015 NFL Draftclass. What happens with Irving is an interesting scenario in this draft due to the off-the-field issues that kept him from playing at Iowa State last season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...dt-david-irving-works-out-for-seven-nfl-teams

waving monkey

Reaction score
the due diligence is getting spread pretty thin it appears to me.
how would I know?

RS12

Reaction score
Just extending his arms will clog passing lane vision.

jrumann59

Reaction score
So he can tie his shows while standing, whats the surprise, he can tie his shoes or the fact he is standing while doing it.......<being sarcastic>

Aven8

Reaction score
Looks like a stud. He would have had to sleep with the AD's daughter for me to kick him off a bad Iowa State team!

Zordon

Reaction score
can't let the media dictate our personnel decisions, especially when their view of us wouldn't be any different if we had a team full of choir boys.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Fifth degree theft? Doesn't that mean he like, stole some free hand sanitizer or used too many test sprays of cologne?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I would take this guy in the 3rd round and not think twice.....ok, maybe I would think twice but I would still take him

tm1119

Reaction score
Fifth degree theft? Doesn't that mean he like, stole some free hand sanitizer or used too many test sprays of cologne?

Clearly this should be the bigger issue...

http://thegazette.com/2013/11/14/ames-tribune-isu-dt-david-irving-charged-with-domestic-assault

Sounds like he may or may not be a bit of a lunatic, but I wouldn't have a problem as long as the team feels they can keep him from doing something even remotely close to that again....if that's even possible.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
An impressive burst coming off the block.

This appears to be his one lone highlight. Even before he was suspended, he really did not produce much until this one game when he was moved from DE to DT. 3 career sacks and 7.5 TFL total in 2 seasons. His power, length and nastiness are intriguing but there is no way he is a 3rd rounder, may not even be draftable. Pure project and another one of those interesting UDFA that the Cowboys seem to uncover.