Cowboys attended work out for David Irving Defensive Lineman IowaSt

btcutter

Reaction score
Looks like Chris Canty? If he checks out and agree with couseling then I'll play ball. Use a 5 th rounder is fine by me.

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
Yeah... Sounds like he's a bit of a nutcase.

Hopefully that was a one time thing, because this guy is talented.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Looks like Chris Canty? If he checks out and agree with couseling then I'll play ball. Use a 5 th rounder is fine by me.

Shows a more impressive burst than Canty IMO, kind of reminds me of a young more raw Leon Lett.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
6'7", 38 inch vert.. those are NBA #'s

Reactions: BAT

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I wonder how eager they are to add another off-the-field drama case, no matter how talented. It would have all the moral police out in full force if he was drafted.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This appears to be his one lone highlight. Even before he was suspended, he really did not produce much until this one game when he was moved from DE to DT. 3 career sacks and 7.5 TFL total in 2 seasons. His power, length and nastiness are intriguing but there is no way he is a 3rd rounder, may not even be draftable. Pure project and another one of those interesting UDFA that the Cowboys seem to uncover.

Was he even a starter. I reviewed a few Iowa St. games from 2013 2014 and I didn't see him in the opening lineup.

Last edited:

tm1119

Reaction score
Was he even a starter. I reviewed a few Iowa St. games from 2014 and I didn't see him in the opening lineup.

I believe he was kicked off of the team in April so never even got a chance to play this past year.

KDM256

Reaction score
I would rather us take a late round gamble with a player like this rather than a Small School QB who will never see the field.

Stats might not be there and character issues might come up, hell I am sure the media will make a mountain out of this mole hill but the potential of Rod working with this kid and a year in our S&C program could be a diamond in the rough type situation.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how eager they are to add another off-the-field drama case, no matter how talented. It would have all the moral police out in full force if he was drafted.

I don't think a late round draft pick will be on the radar of clowns like Dale Hanson.

Reactions: BAT

tm1119

Reaction score
I meant 2013.

According to cfbstats he didn't play against TCU and Oklahoma and he didn't record a single stat against Baylor or Ok State. Given that they are some of the more high profile opponents I'd imagine they are some of the games you watched?

Either way I can't imagine us using a draft pick on this kid unless it's a 7th...size is nice and everything, but very little college playing time + character issues is a waste of a pick inside the 5th

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Easily worth a 5th or late 4th. Who cares if a few stop signs go missing?

endersdragon

Reaction score
Clearly this should be the bigger issue...

http://thegazette.com/2013/11/14/ames-tribune-isu-dt-david-irving-charged-with-domestic-assault

Sounds like he may or may not be a bit of a lunatic, but I wouldn't have a problem as long as the team feels they can keep him from doing something even remotely close to that again....if that's even possible.

I am not saying he didn't do all of that... but it doesn't sound like he was found guilty... and why would a 6'7'' guy punch someone in the leg?

tm1119

Reaction score
I am not saying he didn't do all of that... but it doesn't sound like he was found guilty... and why would a 6'7'' guy punch someone in the leg?

Who cares? I don't even understand what you're getting at....a tall person can't hit someone in the leg? And I'm fairly certain that the charges were dropped by the accuser, which has nothing to do with him being innocent.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Who cares? I don't even understand what you're getting at....a tall person can't hit someone in the leg? And I'm fairly certain that the charges were dropped by the accuser, which has nothing to do with him being innocent.

A tall person generally isn't going to bend over leaving their face open for attack (women are generally very adept at knee strikes) just to attack someone in the leg when there are so many better targets that don't involve leaving yourself wide open for attacking. I am not saying it couldn't happen, it just makes no sense to me why you would attack the legs.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I would rather us take a late round gamble with a player like this rather than a Small School QB who will never see the field.

Stats might not be there and character issues might come up, hell I am sure the media will make a mountain out of this mole hill but the potential of Rod working with this kid and a year in our S&C program could be a diamond in the rough type situation.

or the caleb Mcsurdies of the world.