Cowboys back in 1st place

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Here is the deal come up. Yes the defense still looked bad, however it looks just a little improved. Was that partly because Brown has returned to give the secondary just a little help.
When we get LVE, Lee, Awuzie back and if the D improves even more. I can see it now. Dalton will have a better D to work with than Dak had. So oh boy.....:popcorn:...
Anyway Andy will need that help as Dak could have used it also.

Giving up 27pts to the pathetic Giants offense is improved? I mean I guess it is better than 49 to the Browns?

And you act like the people we get back are talented and will make a huge difference. They were here when this defense has always been an issue.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giving up 27pts to the pathetic Giants offense is improved? I mean I guess it is better than 49 to the Browns?

And you act like the people we get back are talented and will make a huge difference. They were here when this defense has always been an issue.

Wrong, that is the way you want to take it. I just brought up we will get players back, starters. And will improve. But hey go ahead and misinterpret.
They can and should make a difference, but no where near saying they will be very good. Average at best.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This backup QB with a proven starting record didn't look so hot the last 4 years in Cincy. Last year, he stunk up the joint when under pressure.

Screenshot-20200716-113733-Chrome.jpg

Let's hope this makeshift Oline holds up and starts performing better. If not, it's going to be a long season. Dalton is a pocket QB. Opposing D-coordinators know this. Expect opposing Defenses to bring the heat early and often. We'll soon find out how good of a backup Andy Dalton will be for this team. Hope he's able to step up.

I have seen you or someone post this several times. And while it is true that Dalton was bad last year, it was also the worst year of his career. That doesn't mean he's great. Most years, he's been in the 80s as far as QB rating goes, but he has had a few quality QB years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys are 1st team in NFL history to win at least 2 games during a 4 game span giving up 160 points or more.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

We did hold LA to 20 points when we had Brown, Awuzie and Diggs as our top three corners instead of Diggs, Worley and Lewis and LVE at linebacker ... at least for a little bit. Of course, maybe the Rams could have scored more if our offense had performed like it should.

cern

Reaction score
Their game with Egirls might be a better gauge.

After watching both our games yesterday I came away thinking Egirls have a better team than us.
They played well against the Steelers. It won't be a cakewalk when we play them. Prepare for a war. Divas stay home.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

how good can the D get with Nolan running things?

we are the 2014 Atlanta Falcons. 8(

ghst187

Reaction score
I find it funny that Indy could’ve gotten Dalton super cheap and he would’ve been better than Rivers.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
One we gather ourselves from all of the emotions from Sunday’s game we find ourselves back in 1st place with an important win.

We held ourselves together for a game winning drive . A loss might have sealed a losing season.

While both of our wins are against 0-5 teams our 3 losses are against two 4-1 teams and one 5-0 team. And everyone in our division continues losing.

The season is still on. We have a backup QB who has a proven starting record . Something we didn’t have in those 2010 and 2015 seasons when our QB went down ending in losing records.

We have much talent in supporting cast to help elevate him like we witnessed on our last possession. We can lean more on Elliott and the rushing game controlling time of possession limiting our defenses exposure.

And if we can take care of business at least against the more winnable games in our division we can still control our own destiny.

This is the first time in the last couple decades since the 5-11 years I don’t feel our season is over after losing our starting QB with how we closed this game out. Being in the worst division in NFL certainly helps . The season appears to be still on in 1st place after a badly needed win.

While I appreciate the optimism of the post, I am not sure anyone who has actually watched the Cowboys feels good after Sunday's "win". The NY Giants, yes the offensively inept NY Giants, posted 34 points. While the defense was technically a lot better this week, it is still a leaky sieve. Turnovers continue to be a problem and losing Dak is a big deal. I know many have been wanting to see Dalton, well they are going to get their chance, and it won't be pretty. My best friend is a Bengals fan, and we usually watch football together, so I saw a lot of Dalton. He can be good, but when he is bad, boy is he ever bad.

I am not sure how anyone can feel good after that win (more for the Dak injury than anything).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
While I appreciate the optimism of the post, I am not sure anyone who has actually watched the Cowboys feels good after Sunday's "win". The NY Giants, yes the offensively inept NY Giants, posted 34 points. While the defense was technically a lot better this week, it is still a leaky sieve. Turnovers continue to be a problem and losing Dak is a big deal. I know many have been wanting to see Dalton, well they are going to get their chance, and it won't be pretty. My best friend is a Bengals fan, and we usually watch football together, so I saw a lot of Dalton. He can be good, but when he is bad, boy is he ever bad.

I am not sure how anyone can feel good after that win (more for the Dak injury than anything).
A win is a win. We feel much better than if we’d lost.

Dalton appears to provide us more of a proven backup than we’ve had this era when our starting QB has gone down. That’s not to mean it provides us more hope than with Dak.

My point remains unlike other seasons as in 2010 and 2015 when we lost our starting QB early in the season we appear to be in better hands . Time will tell.

It didn’t appear this season was going anywhere anyway.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
One we gather ourselves from all of the emotions from Sunday’s game we find ourselves back in 1st place with an important win.

We held ourselves together for a game winning drive . A loss might have sealed a losing season.

While both of our wins are against 0-5 teams our 3 losses are against two 4-1 teams and one 5-0 team. And everyone in our division continues losing.

The season is still on. We have a backup QB who has a proven starting record . Something we didn’t have in those 2010 and 2015 seasons when our QB went down ending in losing records.

We have much talent in supporting cast to help elevate him like we witnessed on our last possession. We can lean more on Elliott and the rushing game controlling time of possession limiting our defenses exposure.

And if we can take care of business at least against the more winnable games in our division we can still control our own destiny.

This is the first time in the last couple decades since the 5-11 years I don’t feel our season is over after losing our starting QB with how we closed this game out. Being in the worst division in NFL certainly helps . The season appears to be still on in 1st place after a badly needed win.

Anyone wanting to evoke laughter from onlookers might try donning a Cowboys jersey that claims "We're # 1." :muttley:

Sydla

Reaction score
how good can the D get with Nolan running things?

we are the 2014 Atlanta Falcons. 8(

What's depressing is that that Dak injury probably overshadows Nolan's incompetence. And worse, I think the Cowboys will convince themselves that this was a lost year for Nolan due to the limited offseason and they'll bring him back in 2021. Such a mistake IMO.

I was willing to give Nolan a shot, but 5 games in, I've seen enough. The criticisms from his time in Atlanta are showing up here again.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone wanting to evoke laughter from onlookers might try donning a Cowboys jersey that claims "We're # 1." :muttley:
I’ve tried to find someone to produce We are #1 in Revenue gear but unable to generate any financial backing for such a project at this time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Might get more interest with an Eagles jersey that says "We're #2" :)
Remember Don from the old forum. He even provided me some great graphics We are #1 in Revenue. The best was Jethro standing in front of his Mirror outside the stadium holding up his index finger.

I have an acquaintance who is in the T-shirt business . But we couldn’t find anyone who would mass produce and market. He could make them them and sell for about $19.99 and make 5 or 6 bucks a shirt. But no interest. I was disappointed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Good to be in 1st but what is even better is stringing wins together and maintaining 1st place.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good to be in 1st but what is even better is stringing wins together and maintaining 1st place.
We might not have to do that. Egirls have Ravens this week. And Wash and NY play. We could lose to the Cards and still probably be in 1st place at 2-4.

Then have two more divisional games coming up with Wash and Phil. Arguably 4-4 or even 3-5 amazingly could have us in drivers seat in division. Lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question is the overall effect that "moral victory" they had in PIT had because they played well enough to win that game and Pederson has shown the ability to use momentum.

This has shifted from a conference view to a division view because a WC isn't coming out of the East at this point.

I know some are SB or bust but you need to hang that up for this season. I am division or bust and any playoff wins are all the trimmings on my banana split and I can be happy with just the ice cream.

I am all about response to adversity in sports, going wire to wire with no bumps doesn't interest me. I am much more interested in what they do when they get up off the mat than anything that happen before they went down.