Cowboys back in 1st place

glimmerman

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how things change now. Dalton has no problem going deep. Threw some good balls. I think we try running Elliot but if we get down double digits again like usual I hope Dalton can get it done. Our Defense needs to step up now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We might not have to do that. Egirls have Ravens this week. And Wash and NY play. We could lose to the Cards and still probably be in 1st place at 2-4.

Then have two more divisional games coming up with Wash and Phil. Arguably 4-4 or even 3-5 amazingly could have us in drivers seat in division. Lol

True but not the point I was making. lol Cowboys need to start stringing wins together and separate from the pack.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True but not the point I was making. lol Cowboys need to start stringing wins together and separate from the pack.
Of course they need to to separate . But not necessary to remain in the lead and or in contention.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how things change now. Dalton has no problem going deep. Threw some good balls. I think we try running Elliot but if we get down double digits again like usual I hope Dalton can get it done. Our Defense needs to step up now.

No doubt he has the ability to stretch the field. Him and AJ Green put up some good numbers, in Dallas he has Cooper, CeeDee and Gallup to work with. Cowboys OL just needs to give him a little time

glimmerman

Reaction score
No doubt he has the ability to stretch the field. Him and AJ Green put up some good numbers, in Dallas he has Cooper, CeeDee and Gallup to work with. Cowboys OL just needs to give him a little time
He had a few bad snaps but came out swinging. I sure wish we could keep Gallup. Kid is gonna be better than Cooper by next year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What will be interesting to see in Philly is if things continue at what point does Jalen Hurts get the start over Wentz?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He had a few bad snaps but came out swinging. I sure wish we could keep Gallup. Kid is gonna be better than Cooper by next year.

True center exchange we all take for granted but not uncommon to see something as trivial as a snap exchange between center and a new QB coming into a game. I think we will get a better read on Dalton with a full week of preparation.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
At least with yesterday’s finish we realize it’s not over. We still have a chance with a proven backup . Something we didn’t have in others years when we lost our starting QB.
I need at an entire game before I'm confident in Dalton long term.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he was available as a FA QB so that tells you something. I do think, along with Foles, he was the best backup QB they could have brought in and he was agreeable because of personal reasons.

The good news for him is he just accelerated his bonus for this season as well as he gets to audition for other teams as a QB1. The bad news is he is doing that behind this young and inexperienced OL. He needs to make sure he doesn't end up on IR himself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who said anything about confidence. I’m just saying there’s some hope. Much more than crappola we had in 2010 or better yet in 2015 for example.

And definitely not long term . Just to get thru this season. To me it’s somewhat comforting we don’t feel the season or at least contending for division is over with our starting QB going down.

CWR

Reaction score
In Dalton we trust. Leggo RED ROCKET!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, he was available as a FA QB so that tells you something. I do think, along with Foles, he was the best backup QB they could have brought in and he was agreeable because of personal reasons.

The good news for him is he just accelerated his bonus for this season as well as he gets to audition for other teams as a QB1. The bad news is he is doing that behind this young and inexperienced OL. He needs to make sure he doesn't end up on IR himself.
No doubt. But he has the weapons. It’s time ride Elliott’s back. And set up play action .

Dalton at least illustrated he can make the throws and our receivers can make the catches. And in crucial situations.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who said anything about confidence. I’m just saying there’s some hope. Much more than crappola we had in 2010 or better yet in 2015 for example.

And definitely not long term . Just to get thru this season. To me it’s somewhat comforting we don’t feel the season or at least contending for division is over with our starting QB going down.
I did. Playing one quarter left with a lead is much different than playing an entire game. You're just tripping up over semantics like usual. Confident, hope - whatever. I need to see him play an entire game (at least) before I have confidence, comfort or hope). I don't see Dalton having the same successes as Prescott with how tough NY was playing us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we’d of lost the N.Y game we would already be calling this season a wrap. But winning it leaves that window open to somehow pull out this horrid division. At least be in contention.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I did. Playing one quarter left with a lead is much different than playing an entire game. You're just tripping up over semantics like usual. Confident, hope - whatever. I need to see him play an entire game (at least) before I have confidence, comfort or hope). I don't see Dalton having the same successes as Prescott with how tough NY was playing us.
I’m not trying to make any comparisons. I certainly wouldn’t expect Andy to perform at same level of Dak. Not my point at all.

Point is with his experience there is hope we can still contend for division.

And he still had to make two key drives in 4th qtr and one was without lead. I believe he deserves some credit. We haven’t seen this from our backup QB this era .

Looks like bringing in a veteran backup might pay off.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’m not trying to make any comparisons. I certainly wouldn’t expect Andy to perform at same level of Dak. Not my point at all.

Point is with his experience there is hope we can still contend for division.

And he still had to make two key drives in 4th qtr and one was without lead. I believe he deserves some credit. We haven’t seen this from our backup QB this era .

Looks like bringing in a veteran backup might pay off.
Dalton gets as much credit as Elliott and the WRs. He played well and didn't screw it up, but he wasn't throwing dimes. We will see a much different result if Dalton played the entire game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dalton gets as much credit as Elliott and the WRs. He played well and didn't screw it up, but he wasn't throwing dimes. We will see a much different result if Dalton played the entire game.
We expect as much from our seasoned starting receivers. I’d argue Andy deserves more credit as a backup since we don’t necessarily expect him to make those throws.

And you are tight . We shall see moving forward.

cern

Reaction score
The question is the overall effect that "moral victory" they had in PIT had because they played well enough to win that game and Pederson has shown the ability to use momentum.

This has shifted from a conference view to a division view because a WC isn't coming out of the East at this point.

I know some are SB or bust but you need to hang that up for this season. I am division or bust and any playoff wins are all the trimmings on my banana split and I can be happy with just the ice cream.

I am all about response to adversity in sports, going wire to wire with no bumps doesn't interest me. I am much more interested in what they do when they get up off the mat than anything that happen before they went down.
there's a country song in there somewhere among those words.

cern

Reaction score
the wisdom of bringing him to spell dak in the advent of an injury was always evident. but now he'll have to carry an even larger load. he's our guy for the remainder of the season, not just a game or two. he's off to a good start.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
the wisdom of bringing him to spell dak in the advent of an injury was always evident. but now he'll have to carry an even larger load. he's our guy for the remainder of the season, not just a game or two. he's off to a good start.
And long term is what worries me. One or two games, no problem.