Cowboys being overlooked?

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I don't know boys, but I have the feeling that the Cowboys are being vastly underrated. I just have a gut feeling that this defense might be pretty damn good and our offense will be sneaky good too.

Maybe its preseason optimism and naivete , how 'bout you ?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Who cares whether the media or other teams are "hating" on us or "fear" us? Just enjoy the games and make your own assessment. Life's too short to be at the whims of a bar others set that always changes depending on how they feel from one minute to the next. If you're living according to whether someone else approves of what you do or not, you aren't living.

By the way, like this post if you agree. I'm trying to get 25 likes out of this to feel good about myself.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys being overlooked is a good thing. Three of their best recent seasons- 2009, 2014, and 2016- came when nobody thought they'd be capable of making a run.

There's a lot of talent on this roster. Let's just wait and see.

aria

Reaction score
I’ve tempered my expectations after two decades of disappointment. 8-8 or better is all I’m expecting.

I could see us having a great year and everyone will talk about how great it was to get rid of Dez and Witten along with how great Dak is or we have an average year and it will be more blame on JG, more blame on Dak and more blame on the FO for not providing us with any true number one receiver or high caliber TE. How we should have drafted Dallas Goedert instead of LVE because TE was more of a priority after losing Witten and Jaylon looked much better...blah blah blah.

One of those scenarios will play out and if it’s the lattter, it will turn to “all we need is to draft a receiver and TE in the first and second along with signing ET and we’re Super Bowl bound.

The cycle of hype will always continue. Just think, 2016 it went from SB contenders to Romo being hurt to season is over to Dak and co going 13-3. Entire secondary walked, everyone applauded the move and stated we would only be as good or better last year with some new draft picks (I bought into this one, never again). Now it’s something new, just like next year and the following year and the year after that.

Do something! I’m sick of hearing about it.

I also tend to think quite a few people live in a Cowboys bubble and forget there’s 31 other teams, many with legitimate rosters and better coaches, that think the same thing. The only proven we have is Zeke, most of the O line, Lee and hopefully Dlaw, Jaylon and Dak being questionable but looking good so far.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't know boys, but I have the feeling that the Cowboys are being vastly underrated. I just have a gut feeling that this defense might be pretty damn good and our offense will be sneaky good too.

Maybe its preseason optimism and naivete , how 'bout you ?

I'm pretty sure they're underrated as well. Players with other teams don't always keep up with the teams who've been fairly mediocre for decades now. I'm thinking they'll be taken aback, at least some extent, thinking that the C-boys will be much like they were last year again in 2018. Surprise!! ;)

Verdict

Reaction score
This team has more talent assembled than at any time since the last super bowl. The 13 and 3 team that Romo led was probably the closest thing to what we have now. This team has more defensive talent than that team did.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This team has more talent assembled than at any time since the last super bowl. The 13 and 3 team that Romo led was probably the closest thing to what we have now. This team has more defensive talent than that team did.
Too bad the offense needs to massively overachieve in the passing game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dallas hasn't proven anything so they're rightfully overlooked. It's all potential until proven otherwise. Dallas hasn't made the league take them seriously yet.

Idk, I mean playoffs wise you’re right. The cowboys have tied for the best record in the league one season and been the #1 seed in the NFC another season, for 2 out of the past 4 years.

To say they haven’t proven anything the last few years isn’t fair.

jay94

Reaction score
I would say it is optimism, but hey to each their own. We have to big of holes to overcome at a few positions, sure we can make the playoffs, but I don't believe we are a complete enough of a team to compete when it truly matters.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
no, lets be realistic here. The Dallas Cowboys have been a threat to no one. Even when they laughably got into the playoffs, no realistic fan of the game took them serious and was proven correct. Even with the additions this year and things looking good its not out of the bounds of reality to still not take the Cowboys serious until they prove it. Thats flat out fact.

The reality of it, even a good season its not going to help Dallas. Im sorry but the fact is your season record holds no weight in the playoffs and Dallas has done zero in the playoffs to command any respect at that caliber. Dallas had a real good shot but Garrett and company failed the team. The onus and the weight of all predictions WILL NOT be evaluted by the teams talent but by Garrett alone. He is the single denomination that has single handidly held this team back. Hes is the only one with the power to break the chains of mediocrity and show if he can or can not do it.

Verdict

Reaction score
Too bad the offense needs to massively overachieve in the passing game.

It won't take much to beat what we did last year. If we get 19 to 20 games of Zeke that might be enough by itself. It surely would if we get any help at all from the passing game. And I think we will.