Cowboys being overlooked?

jwitten82

Reaction score
You need to understand that every year it’s a different team. If Dez’s catch was ruled a catch we’d have been in the NFC Championship game. Who knows after that.
That wasnt a guarantee even if Dez caught that. If Dallas scored, then I believe Green Bay wouldve had over a minute, I have no doubt Rodgers wouldve scored on that defense again

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know boys, but I have the feeling that the Cowboys are being vastly underrated. I just have a gut feeling that this defense might be pretty damn good and our offense will be sneaky good too.

Maybe its preseason optimism and naivete , how 'bout you ?

1) It just feels different.

2) I can see the defense being better than it's been in a long time but I can also see the offense struggling big time. I think the strength of this team could very well be the defense this year.

So, no not overlooked. They're just a mediocre team.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now if my boy Tavon Austin can finally play to his talent level that changes things. He'd be an impact player.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That wasnt a guarantee even if Dez caught that. If Dallas scored, then I believe Green Bay wouldve had over a minute, I have no doubt Rodgers wouldve scored on that defense again
Yes, the odds were that Rogers would’ve driven them down for the TD. But who knows, maybe someon on the defense made a play.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The “IF’s” count only for the glass half full people.
Winning in the playoffs is a full glass. Never winning in the playoffs is a glass fully empty. We’ve won 2 playoffs games this century. That glass is pretty close to dry. I hope that changes and as a Cowboys fan, I feel pretty good going into this year.

But for me personally, until this team makes a deep playoff run, I’m not impressed with regular season accomplishments. And neither is most of the league. I’m not knocking you Rock or any other fan who has a “glass half full” mentality. That’s just not my way of looking at this team. But differences of opinion never hurt anyone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Winning in the playoffs is a full glass. Never winning in the playoffs is a glass fully empty. We’ve won 2 playoffs games this century. That glass is pretty close to dry. I hope that changes and as a Cowboys fan, I feel pretty good going into this year.

But for me personally, until this team makes a deep playoff run, I’m not impressed with regular season accomplishments. And neither is most of the league. I’m not knocking you Rock or any other fan who has a “glass half full” mentality. That’s just not my way of looking at this team. But differences of opinion never hurt anyone.
Your problem is you deal only in black and white. You don’t understand there are grey areas to consider. Open your mind.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your problem is you deal only in black and white. You don’t understand there are grey areas to consider. Open your mind.
If you are saying my problem is that I expect excellence from my team, then yes I am guilty of expecting that.

Batman1980

Reaction score
If you are saying my problem is that I expect excellence from my team, then yes I am guilty of expecting that.

Nobody tell Bob this is year 12 of Jason Garrett so we know how the movie ends.

ESisback

Reaction score
Too bad the offense needs to massively overachieve in the passing game.

Massively overachieve as it pertains to the perception the media is currently peddling. IMHO, this committee approach to the WRs will be effective, IF Linehan takes advantage. Too many potential weapons—all under the radar.

jay94

Reaction score

One strength would greatly help this team, not getting Mcclain was a big loss for this team, our one tech has always sucked but one year in the last 5-6 seasons, and was amazing when Terrell Mcclain was here. Our safeties are JAGs at best and while Jeff Heath has improved, he has cost us multiple games in the past.

Califan007

Reaction score
Who cares whether the media or other teams are "hating" on us or "fear" us? Just enjoy the games and make your own assessment. Life's too short to be at the whims of a bar others set that always changes depending on how they feel from one minute to the next. If you're living according to whether someone else approves of what you do or not, you aren't living.

By the way, like this post if you agree. I'm trying to get 25 likes out of this to feel good about myself.

Bravo, sir!...Well done lol...

8tuB.gif

Chrispierce

Reaction score
No,I don’t think so. They aren’t stable and don’t win playoff games. It’s like the boy who cried wolf syndrome you know? Don’t wet the bed every other year,and every other game so much if you want credence in this league. What season is the count up to now..21? Good lord of beans and cheese...that’s just stupid and proud to be stuck on it too. Heck,even the ‘9ers blew their franchise up with an epic neutron bomb,and got back on their feet and will shortly be a playoff team in no time. This franchise though? They just swirl around the toilet bowl in lukewarm water and hyped up talk. They have to produce the wins first and prove it,to shed the moniker they branded themselves with at this point. I do think it will be a much more fun team to watch with all the new guys,and wouldn’t be miserable if they only won 8 games or something. Plus,it’s kinda fun now as well watching all the new inventive ways the staff conjures up each year for losses in a win. We already know Rod will stick to his patented prevent late,so that’s at least 2-3 games right there. But Linehan and Garrett? Ahhh...now that’s the mad scientist aspect of it all. “You punted on first down inside their red zone? Why?” ..”Well we thought the defense would hold em there,and then have last possesion to score leaving them no time remaining.” Oh yeah,this will be fun either way.