Cowboys being overlooked?

Verdict

Reaction score
no, lets be realistic here. The Dallas Cowboys have been a threat to no one. Even when they laughably got into the playoffs, no realistic fan of the game took them serious and was proven correct. Even with the additions this year and things looking good its not out of the bounds of reality to still not take the Cowboys serious until they prove it. Thats flat out fact.

The reality of it, even a good season its not going to help Dallas. Im sorry but the fact is your season record holds no weight in the playoffs and Dallas has done zero in the playoffs to command any respect at that caliber. Dallas had a real good shot but Garrett and company failed the team. The onus and the weight of all predictions WILL NOT be evaluted by the teams talent but by Garrett alone. He is the single denomination that has single handidly held this team back. Hes is the only one with the power to break the chains of mediocrity and show if he can or can not do it.

Man, you should possibly consider changing your name to dingy star, battered star, tarnished star, I-LostMyStar, or something like that, with that sort of negativity. You might as well ride that train as far as you want to.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think the season depends on the defense.

Nobody outside of this fan base is expecting a quality defense.

If we have a big year I think it because the defense goes next level because I think the pass game struggles but the ground game is still elite.

jay94

Reaction score
No one tech and I have zero faith in our safeties, if you want average or well below average sure, so 3 out of 11 27% of the defensive makeup makes me question this being a top tier defense, could they be slightly above defense sure, top ten I don't see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't know boys, but I have the feeling that the Cowboys are being vastly underrated. I just have a gut feeling that this defense might be pretty damn good and our offense will be sneaky good too.

Maybe its preseason optimism and naivete , how 'bout you ?

The offseason and the preseason has made me feel much better about the team. But we still have major holes. To me the big holes are:

DT, Safety, TE, I would say the secondary as a whole is a weakness.

DT can be fixed if Collins comes back strong and Irving does as well. It could actually become a strength. DE I am no longer worried about. LBer is amazing. OL will be great, receivers I think will be good enough. Not a strength, but good enough.

But again, injuries will play a part.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The way I look at it is if the Jaguars can do it so can we.......go far I mean.

The Jags have one of the best defenses you will ever see. They literally shut down just about anyone. You will get a good look at that this season. They just have to be average on offense. The defense is THAT good. With Fournette featuring the running game, they are nearly everything I would like a team to be. IF they had Prescott at QB they would win the next 4 titles.

aria

Reaction score
no, lets be realistic here. The Dallas Cowboys have been a threat to no one. Even when they laughably got into the playoffs, no realistic fan of the game took them serious and was proven correct. Even with the additions this year and things looking good its not out of the bounds of reality to still not take the Cowboys serious until they prove it. Thats flat out fact.

The reality of it, even a good season its not going to help Dallas. Im sorry but the fact is your season record holds no weight in the playoffs and Dallas has done zero in the playoffs to command any respect at that caliber. Dallas had a real good shot but Garrett and company failed the team. The onus and the weight of all predictions WILL NOT be evaluted by the teams talent but by Garrett alone. He is the single denomination that has single handidly held this team back. Hes is the only one with the power to break the chains of mediocrity and show if he can or can not do it.
Did Garrett cause Dez to drop the ball against Green Bay? Did Garrett cause our secondary to get burned on an amazing pass by one of the best QB’s to ever play the game? There’s plenty of blame to go around but JG has put this team in position to win so saying he has single handily held this team back isn’t even close.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Idk, I mean playoffs wise you’re right. The cowboys have tied for the best record in the league one season and been the #1 seed in the NFC another season, for 2 out of the past 4 years.

To say they haven’t proven anything the last few years isn’t fair.

Doesn't say much. People still expect us to lose. Heck, the Falcons and Titans finished with the best record in the league a few teams and I wasn't the least bit surprised when they'd lose in the opening round (except the year the Falcons made the Super Bowl and choked). We finished 13-3 two years ago and weren't favored to beat the Packers. That tells me people didn't respect us. And we didn't prove them wrong.

J12B

Reaction score
Let them fly under the radar. They always do better when flying under the radar.

So true. I was going into 2014 and 2016 seasons with low expectations and that's when they went on to have great regular seasons.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Pretty much.

In fact, this very thread may have alerted the wrong people.

Mods, please delete.
Don't worry, " those wrong people " you speak of don't read here. They underrate us so no need to check us out!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know boys, but I have the feeling that the Cowboys are being vastly underrated. I just have a gut feeling that this defense might be pretty damn good and our offense will be sneaky good too.

Maybe its preseason optimism and naivete , how 'bout you ?

The national media sees that cowboys as they are..............not with the rose colored glasses of most fans of the team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Love it. Ususally predicted to make SB. Underrated is ok with me. Leave us alone. Let’s us work.

I think by mid season the media will be back to building us up so they can tare every little thing down.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think the season depends on the defense.

Nobody outside of this fan base is expecting a quality defense.

If we have a big year I think it because the defense goes next level because I think the pass game struggles but the ground game is still elite.

That's a possibility. I think the defenses may be surprisingly good this year and the offense may struggle just a little bit early, but it will be good enough. By the end of the year this team is going to be salty.