Cowboys believe biggest reason for defensive improvement will be Dan Quinn

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dan Quinn can coach this defensive group up. I agree he has the chance to be the biggest reason this team improves... if he does a good job. He's inheriting a 6-10 team that the defense is largely to blame for. His group has room to improve.

morasp

Reaction score
They are absolutely correct but after last year the bar is pretty low.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Hope is the official front office strategy (brought to you by Johnny Walker, Ford trucks and Pappa Johns Pizza).

Jipper

Reaction score
Yeah it's also not rocket science that this team having a defense in the 15-20 range will be good enough to compete most weeks for 17 regular season games and nothing else...

Big frickin whoop

got to start somewhere....cant go from the very bottom to the top overnight.

This fanbase has unrealistic expectations that the defense can be fixed overnight with a few FA signings and a good draft....its going to take a few years to really turn it around so yes....getting to an average defense this year that allows the team to field a much more competitive overall experience would be a big step forward.

Creeper

Reaction score
The 2022 offseason should be easy. We can just take all of our comments from this last season and repeat them.

The DC is not going to make a big difference if the DTs don't get better, the LBs don't stop over-running plays, or can't off of blocks, the DEs don't force everything inside, and if the secondary doesn't cover anybody. Quinn will have no more success than Nolan if the players are who we saw last season.

Plankton

Reaction score
Here's the Cowboys organizational philosophy behind building a team:

EoIw6g.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Possibly.
Jerry wants most resources spent on O. So, he tries to find a coach who can make JAG's look decent. Marinate wasn't much, but he did have an uncanny ability to make a D full of JAG's not too bad.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
And people thought it was Jason Garrett who was throwing people under the bus to hide their failures ........ The Jones's have been doing it for 25 years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Welp, looks like the snake oil salesman has pulled into town once again fellas. Get ready for them to start selling hope once again as the season is upon us.
The other day I saw a post with the word "dagnabit" and gave it a like,, one of my favorites.
Now I give you a like for another classic.. "welp".
Dont think Ive ever used them both together but Welp, Dagnabit..... I like that.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Watch the Defense become legit and the Offense fall apart.

When is the last time we had some balance?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The other day I saw a post with the word "dagnabit" and gave it a like,, one of my favorites.
Now I give you a like for another classic.. "welp".
Dont think Ive ever used them both together but Welp, Dagnabit..... I like that.

You sure do love the classics!! Sheesh!!

JBS

Reaction score
got to start somewhere....cant go from the very bottom to the top overnight.

This fanbase has unrealistic expectations that the defense can be fixed overnight with a few FA signings and a good draft....its going to take a few years to really turn it around so yes....getting to an average defense this year that allows the team to field a much more competitive overall experience would be a big step forward.

How long do you want this fan base to be patient for? I mean my goodness

mardwin

Reaction score
He must be a miracle worker to make Jaylon Smith read plays faster, and their free safety play the ball in the air better.