News: Cowboys believe Brandon Carr is better than you think

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I take the fact that he never gets an interception or makes a big play personally . He is average in coverage at best and he would be the topic of jokes by Cowboy fans if he played for a division rival. Other than that, I think he is a great CB. He deserves a big bonus every year for the extremely low price the team pays for his production .

The fact you admit that something you have no control over and somebody you have never met causes you to take things personally goes way beyond being a cowboy fan. All Carr is an average player that is making too much money vs his production, that's it. Every team in the league has one.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They will keep Carr .
Garrett likes him and he knows the system.
They need to draft a replacement for next year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They will keep Carr .
Garrett likes him and he knows the system.
They need to draft a replacement for next year.

That part, replacements, is just the norm for the NFL. One third of a roster churns annually, just job description elements.

conner01

Reaction score
It is strange what you hear the Cowboys saying about him.

It is almost like they do not care about the fact he is a cap albatross.

The cap number is an issue but cutting him and signing a guy to a new deal doesn't save that much. Remember Carr is in the last year of his contract which are always big
I think they would like to replace Carr and if a CB slips to 34 they could but cb's don't tend to slip

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The cap number is an issue but cutting him and signing a guy to a new deal doesn't save that much. Remember Carr is in the last year of his contract which are always big
I think they would like to replace Carr and if a CB slips to 34 they could but cb's don't tend to slip

Yeah we won't know Carr's fate until maybe the 2nd round is over. Maybe at 34 or maybe they trade up from 3 into late 2nd for a CB who can immediately start. If not, Carr stays.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah we won't know Carr's fate until maybe the 2nd round is over. Maybe at 34 or maybe they trade up from 3 into late 2nd for a CB who can immediately start. If not, Carr stays.

I love William Jackson but he's going in 1st rnd. I think could be an instant starter. Just not sure there will be a starter quality CB at end of 2nd but you never know
34 might be a spot to get a CB but they tend to not fall

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Just because I'm not happy with what they did doesn't automatically assume that I wanted a "bonanza of FA's." In fact, I posted what I would have done in the Roster Zone and it was far from a spending spree.

Sounds more like be in lockstep with whatever the team does or doesn't decide to do.

As I said in my initial post, people can and should have the right to buy it or not.

This is where you lose me. I don't walk in lockstep with anyone or anything. I don't look at many things in terms of right or wrong or what side are you on. First you are projecting your thoughts onto someone else. Then mind reading what their intentions are instead of taking what they say at face value. And finally you are splitting. This could potentially infuriate many people. Your position is very egocentric; if you don't think like me then you must have ulterior motives and they probably aren't very good ones.

I'm sorry I misrepresented your position on FAs. It wasn't intentional.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Cowboys believe Brandon Carr is better than you think

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowb...ys-believe-brandon-carr-is-better-than-you-do

IRVING, Texas -- Brandon Carr is still standing.

First, the Dallas Cowboys brought in Nolan Carroll for a free-agent visit but had health concerns regarding him. He ended up re-signing with the Philadelphia Eagles. Then the Cowboys brought in Leon Hall for a visit, but there are health worries there too.

The strangest saga involved Patrick Robinson. The Cowboys thought they had a deal agreed upon then were informed Robinson had a different agent upon his visit to Valley Ranch. He then met with the Indianapolis Colts and signed with them.

That the Cowboys did not sign any of these cornerbacks has some alarmed that their favorite team has lost their luster. However, would signing any of these three severely impacted Super Bowl odds?

The biggest winner in this is Carr. Even if the Cowboys had signed Carroll, Hall or Robinson, it was no given Carr would have been jettisoned.

The Cowboys want Carr to re-work his contract, which calls for him to make $9.1 million this year. There have been talks with his agent, Ben Dogra. Determining Carr's worth on the open market is a sticking point. With the way deals have come down across the league so far, Carr is in the $5-6 million range.

The Cowboys know a team would sign him to a deal quickly. That is why they didn't press the pay cut last year. They also know they don't have a replacement for him yet and it was no guarantee those aforementioned corners would have replaced him...

...and I believe it don't stink and pig feet ain't pork.