Cowboys block Quinn from talking to Harris

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
No organization would allow someone to leave and then poach all their managers from them. In private business, executives sign "non-compete" agreements to prevent this from happening. If the NFL allow one team to raid another it would be bad for the league. Washington got Quinn and Whitt. That seems like enough.

It shows a lack of originality from Dan Quinn.
He probably already knew the answer but he tried just to let AL Harris know that he did in fact want him in Washington.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well, at least we know that although by title DQ is the WFT HC, he will in no way allow them to do anything on the D side of the ball he doesn't approve of. If I am a WFT fan I am concerned about this guy's laziness in his search to be better...

Carson

Reaction score
Well, at least we know that although by title DQ is the WFT HC, he will in no way allow them to do anything on the D side of the ball he doesn't approve of. If I am a WFT fan I am concerned about this guy's laziness in his search to be better...
I wouldn’t say full on laziness. More so being the last one hired and most staffs are complete

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Dan Quinn getting greedy trying to take both Whitt and Harris. Also glad the front office is putting their foot down otherwise Dan Quinn would just attempt to build the Commanders coaching staff using the majority of coaches from Dallas staff. Let him find his own staff elsewhere besides the Cowboys.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jerry and MM told Quinn he could have one but there's no way he would take both. My guess is he and his GM decided to try anyway.
If they want to leave then they're more than welcome to when that time comes. However Jerry has to take a stand because once one team and coach believes they can raid the Cowboys entire staff without resistance. Then other teams in the NFL will try to raid the Cowboys coaching staff whenever the Cowboys get someone who is successful in helping to build a competitive, playoff contending Cowboys team.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Makes no sense for them to leave the organization for a lateral move. Quinn should know better.
He has shown over and over again that he doesn’t know better. I’m glad we’re done with that dude.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
could they not give him some made-up title like assistant defensive coordinator/defensive back coach