Cowboys block Quinn from talking to Harris

Carson

Reaction score
How about working for a coach on a lame duck year? I dont blame them, get out while you can. The writing is all on the wall. I cant believe the FO is allowing this to happen.
So zero chance a guy like Zimmer comes in? They win another 12 games? Win a playoff game or two?

No chance? just pack it in and not try?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Who in their right mind would rather be with the Washington Commanders instead of the Dallas Cowboys.

Not only have the Commanders been a joke of a team on the field, their organization has been a mess, plus crappy facilities, etc.

I mean the Dallas Cowboys have their own issues for sure, let’s not get it twisted. But c’mon.
I mean, we're getting lapped by almost every other organization. I wouldn't bet against Washington making a NFCCG before us.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Good block by the Dallas' FO. I know Harris literally said he would follow DQ wherever he went, but you don't always get what you want. Business is business and I am sure he is a professional enough to understand that. You can't start burning bridges when you're that young into your NFL coaching career.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If they want to leave then they're more than welcome to when that time comes. However Jerry has to take a stand because once one team and coach believes they can raid the Cowboys entire staff without resistance. Then other teams in the NFL will try to raid the Cowboys coaching staff whenever the Cowboys get someone who is successful in helping to build a competitive, playoff contending Cowboys team.
He should have taken a stand by keeping Quinn. Stop this revolving door coaching change and get better players. Lack of good FAs is on the GM not coaching.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes, but there is another possibility. It could show that Dan Quinn thinks they had a championship capable coaching staff with the Cowboys and thought it was something else holding the team back, like the culture, a few key players, and the front office.

Never mind that he personally contributed to torpedoing the Cowboys in the playoffs.
I could be. I have no idea what he thinks because he hasn't been very vocal about what happened at the end of the year. But IMO, his defense failed long before GB. Maybe he checked out but I doubt anyone would admit that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I could be. I have no idea what he thinks because he hasn't been very vocal about what happened at the end of the year. But IMO, his defense failed long before GB. Maybe he checked out but I doubt anyone would admit that.
:hammer: :popcorn:

Dorsett33

Reaction score
FO fault. Like they didn't see that coming?

Should have chosen Whitt as DC rather than Zimmer.
Not saying Whitt wouldn't be good but you don't take a chance on a non experienced person as your DC when you still believe you are in that window to make it to the Superbowl.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Cowboys of course make a bad move. Harris doesnt want to be here, why do that to both sides, where do we gain? like hes going to play our best against Quinn? Like they wont talk? Stupid on our part, but stupid is what our fans love.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Not saying Whitt wouldn't be good but you don't take a chance on a non experienced person as your DC when you still believe you are in that window to make it to the Superbowl.
So it's better to go with an old retread like Mike Zimmer who made his reputation with the 90s Cowboys? We are just starting out all over again recycling coach after coach.

I would have stuck with what was working. Rehire Dan Quinn. Or made Whitt our DC.

It's not coaching that is the problem. It's Jerry being GM and his boy Stephen in charge of personnel.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
So it's better to go with an old retread like Mike Zimmer who made his reputation with the 90s Cowboys? We are just starting out all over again recycling coach after coach.

I would have stuck with what was working. Rehire Dan Quinn. Or made Whitt our DC.

It's not coaching that is the problem. It's Jerry being GM and his boy Stephen in charge of personnel.
The problem with some fans is they prejudge. WE DON'T KNOW what Zimmer is going to bring to the table. Or any other DC for that matter. I just know with this current team I would not try a DC who has NO EXPERIENCE than one with experience. Just cause a coach can coach positions doesn't make him a good DC. No one thought Jerry was the problem when he won 3 Superbowls. Jerry is going to be Jerry. Yeah he had Jimmy, but they still won one without him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The problem with some fans is they prejudge. WE DON'T KNOW what Zimmer is going to bring to the table. Or any other DC for that matter. I just know with this current team I would not try a DC who has NO EXPERIENCE than one with experience. Just cause a coach can coach positions doesn't make him a good DC. No one thought Jerry was the problem when he won 3 Superbowls. Jerry is going to be Jerry. Yeah he had Jimmy, but they still won one without him.
You can say that a prejudge. But people say that we should not get a DC because of inexperience. Yet why didn't that rule apply to Garrett? The problem isn't the coaching. Its the lack of continuity with the coaching and the philosphy that they bring. Bringing in Mike Zimmer doesn't solve the defense. It might even make it worst because of implementing a new system. Cowboys need a continuation. They should have tried to keep Dan Quinn and the rest of the defense. The biggest failure here is Jerry. He didn't do enough to bring in top talent to shore up this defense.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You can say that a prejudge. But people say that we should not get a DC because of inexperience. Yet why didn't that rule apply to Garrett? The problem isn't the coaching. Its the lack of continuity with the coaching and the philosphy that they bring. Bringing in Mike Zimmer doesn't solve the defense. It might even make it worst because of implementing a new system. Cowboys need a continuation. They should have tried to keep Dan Quinn and the rest of the defense. The biggest failure here is Jerry. He didn't do enough to bring in top talent to shore up this defense.
No matter what the Cowboys do, there's someone not going to be happy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All NFL teams have a right to protect their coaches from being pilfered by former coaches.

Sometimes, it's simply necessary to retain their strength. We merely did what we had to.

Last edited:

tunahelper

Reaction score
Harris is likely kicking and screaming. He doesn't want to be here. He already said he goes where DQ goes. This might get very interesting by Saturday I think.
Simple really. Jerry pay the guy a little more. Remind him this season could open the door for him wherever he wants to go. A solid year for Dallas DB's could elevate him to a DC role, which he failed to get with Quinn.

One thing still evident about Dallas is exposure. It's got to be a young coach list of places they want to be.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mikes known Joe long enough. If Mike wanted Joe as dc he'd have done it by now. Joe left because he knew he wouldn't get the gig. Now harris has done a good job, hope he gets promoted but at least the new dc has a guy in place that has done a pretty good job. Makes sense keeping him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Quinn was treated well during his time with the Cowboys. Trying to pilfer our best assistants was a bad way to show his appreciation.