Cowboys block Quinn from talking to Harris

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's kinda funny.

Dan Quinn helped guide a team to a Super Bowl less than a decade ago. Sure, the Falcons flamed out in the last quarter and a half of the game but he helped coach them there.

Fast forward to the present.

Quinn is trying to poach coaches Jerry Jones proactively assembled for Mike McCarthy. Quinn thinks these coaches will help Washington eventually get to a Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, Jones is throwing blocks to keep the same coaches, who will arguably not help Dallas get to a Super Bowl coaching for him--I mean, McCarthy.

Life has a funny bone.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
LOL, did Quinn really think Jerry was gonna let him raid the coaching staff? DQ is dumber than i thought. I'm sure Harris will go to him as soon as his contract is up in Dallas.
Exactly, I don't agree with a lot of JJ's moves, but blocking DQ from poaching our coaching staff like he's at the local grocery store is one I agree with.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Something tells me Harris wants no part of Washington. It’s in his best interest to at least be here another year he’s becoming a hot name with what he’s done with our corners.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They are under contract. should we let them freely go to a divisional rival?

If Al is a professional, he will still put in the same effort he did last year and when his contract expires he can either re-sign or go where he pleases.
We've seen growth from both Bland and Diggs with Harris here. Odds are they draft another CB at some point this draft. Wouldn't mind having Al coach one more guy.
Not a miracle worker, but I feel good enough to block from going to DC.
Agreed,

nobody

Reaction score
No organization would allow someone to leave and then poach all their managers from them. In private business, executives sign "non-compete" agreements to prevent this from happening. If the NFL allow one team to raid another it would be bad for the league. Washington got Quinn and Whitt. That seems like enough.

It shows a lack of originality from Dan Quinn.
Yes, but there is another possibility. It could show that Dan Quinn thinks they had a championship capable coaching staff with the Cowboys and thought it was something else holding the team back, like the culture, a few key players, and the front office.

Never mind that he personally contributed to torpedoing the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Washington got any lbs. Quinn doesn't like them, he likes using small guys for that position. I wonder if he would take deuce and turdpine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
because Harris literally said he'd follow Quinn wherever he goes.
Micah said that too and no one really thinks we’d let him go. I don’t know I just thought it was just more so talk. Showing how much he likes Quinn. I didn’t think he was being literal.

Proximo

Reaction score
Who in their right mind would rather be with the Washington Commanders instead of the Dallas Cowboys.

Not only have the Commanders been a joke of a team on the field, their organization has been a mess, plus crappy facilities, etc.

I mean the Dallas Cowboys have their own issues for sure, let’s not get it twisted. But c’mon.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
If he wanted Harris he should have made him his DC and he would not have needed a request.

He chose Joe Whitt Jr. instead, so obviously that was his priority.
I know people have mentioned Harris for DC but I'm not sure he's ready. Few go from a DB coach to DCs so quickly. He probably needs to coach another position like LBs next.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know people have mentioned Harris for DC but I'm not sure he's ready. Few go from a DB coach to DCs so quickly. He probably needs to coach another position like LBs next.
Oh I agree.

I don't think Harris is ready either, but I was saying I don't blame the Cowboys for denying Quinn access to him because Quinn had a guaranteed way to get him if he wanted him badly enough by hiring Harris as his DC.

However, Quinn chose Whitt Jr. over Harris, so he got the person he wanted most.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Who in their right mind would rather be with the Washington Commanders instead of the Dallas Cowboys.

Not only have the Commanders been a joke of a team on the field, their organization has been a mess, plus crappy facilities, etc.

I mean the Dallas Cowboys have their own issues for sure, let’s not get it twisted. But c’mon.
Wonder are they going to change their names???? Worse name in any sport "Commanders" :laugh: :facepalm:

lostar2009

Reaction score
Makes no sense for them to leave the organization for a lateral move. Quinn should know better.
How about working for a coach on a lame duck year? I dont blame them, get out while you can. The writing is all on the wall. I cant believe the FO is allowing this to happen.