Cowboys blueprint to defeating the Saints, Dallas victory 38-24

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
The Cowboys have a Superbowl caliber defense and the team will send shock waves throughout the NFL with this victory.

The blueprint:
Dallas must dictate the tempo.

TOP- The Saints lost to the Bucs, the Bucs had the TOP. The Saints almost lost to a stout Baltimore defense and ball control offense. In order for Dallas to win the game they must lead in time-of possession. This can be accomplished by Dallas sticking to the run game and being efficient on third downs. Dallas must methodically march down the field. If Dallas can have 4 seven-minute drives for touchdowns they will dominate the TOP. This will also allow our defense to stay fresh.

Feed Zeke- Dallas must establish the run early by feeding Zeke. He needs at least 30 touches.

Play action pass - Since the addition of Cooper, establishing the run is even more critical. The running games causes opposing defenses to stack the box. The world saw how great Cooper can be off play-action passes.

Dak must not take sacks. Timing passes, and quick outlets will mitigate the sack problem the team has had. Dak can’t afford to lose any yardage against the Saints especially when the team approaches field goal range.

When the offense is around mid-field, this is 4 down territory. Dallas has to stay in manageable down and distance. A 3rd and 2 is the perfect scenario. 4th and 1 is a must. Dallas can’t afford to punt the ball back to Brees

Dak must take deep shots down field early. With that being said, the team can’t be foolish either. The Cowboys can’t be predictable.

Dallas must score points with virtually each possession. When the team plays with a lead, the defense benefits greatly.

Dak must protect the football.

Pressure Brees. When the Cowboys blitz, the CBs must play press-man.

Stay out of Zone as much as possible. I know teams go to zone to rest DBs, I get it. However, Brees is a zone killer. Dallas must be mindful of what Brees can do if Brees dictates coverage.

DeMarcus Lawrence and Gregory must have career games. Brees, just like all QBs, get rattled when sacked, Dallas must him early and often.

Jaylon and “Wolf Hunter” must account for the RBs. Jeff Heath will play a huge role in limiting Kamara.

The defense must create turnovers to win. Dallas must limit the scoring opportunities that Brees has.

Dallas victory 38-24

Winning the TOP battle is fine if you score a lot of points to win the game, hence the dilemma, it is this matter that is precisely what this Cowboys squad struggles to do!

Yes, if you can stop them from scoring and score points yourself then you have a chance but the latter is where the struggle is real.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way to be negative dude. Have you ever wondered why you don’t get invited to parties? If you do get the invite, does everyone stay away from you? The team has had a lot of success of light, and I believe they will win. The team is special.

Are you a Dallas fan? It’s OK if you’re not, just wondering.

Being a Dallas Fan doesn't mean being STUPID and in Fantasy land.....sorry but you set yourself up for that one....

WhoDat21

Reaction score
The blueprint is hijacking the saints plane in new orleans before it leaves. Because it aint gonna happen captn

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
One of the biggest things for me to beat the Saints is a lot more 7's than 3's.. Need to put the ball in the EZ.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the biggest things for me to beat the Saints is a lot more 7's than 3's.. Need to put the ball in the EZ.

That's the thing that still concerns me the most. Despite the improvement and the "Cooper Effect", the Cowboys still aren't good once they get into the Red Zone. A big reason why they scored 31 points on Thanksgiving Day was the fact that Cooper took it to the house from 40 and 90 yards and Red Zone inefficiencies weren't an issue.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Inagree , we beat the Saints on Thursday. However, who thinks we beat them again in the post season?

GenoT

Reaction score
Blueprint vs Saints?

• Establish the run, don’t abandon the run; control TOP.

• When passing, play-call to Dak’s strengths and be efficient.

• Pressure Brees as much as possible; create at least two turnovers, while committing none.

• No special-teams gaffs.

• No stupid brain-fart penalties.

Easier said than done, but if we can approach these goals, we can beat this team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a Superbowl caliber defense and the team will send shock waves throughout the NFL with this victory.

The blueprint:
Dallas must dictate the tempo.

TOP- The Saints lost to the Bucs, the Bucs had the TOP. The Saints almost lost to a stout Baltimore defense and ball control offense. In order for Dallas to win the game they must lead in time-of possession. This can be accomplished by Dallas sticking to the run game and being efficient on third downs. Dallas must methodically march down the field. If Dallas can have 4 seven-minute drives for touchdowns they will dominate the TOP. This will also allow our defense to stay fresh.

Feed Zeke- Dallas must establish the run early by feeding Zeke. He needs at least 30 touches.

Play action pass - Since the addition of Cooper, establishing the run is even more critical. The running games causes opposing defenses to stack the box. The world saw how great Cooper can be off play-action passes.

Dak must not take sacks. Timing passes, and quick outlets will mitigate the sack problem the team has had. Dak can’t afford to lose any yardage against the Saints especially when the team approaches field goal range.

When the offense is around mid-field, this is 4 down territory. Dallas has to stay in manageable down and distance. A 3rd and 2 is the perfect scenario. 4th and 1 is a must. Dallas can’t afford to punt the ball back to Brees

Dak must take deep shots down field early. With that being said, the team can’t be foolish either. The Cowboys can’t be predictable.

Dallas must score points with virtually each possession. When the team plays with a lead, the defense benefits greatly.

Dak must protect the football.

Pressure Brees. When the Cowboys blitz, the CBs must play press-man.

Stay out of Zone as much as possible. I know teams go to zone to rest DBs, I get it. However, Brees is a zone killer. Dallas must be mindful of what Brees can do if Brees dictates coverage.

DeMarcus Lawrence and Gregory must have career games. Brees, just like all QBs, get rattled when sacked, Dallas must him early and often.

Jaylon and “Wolf Hunter” must account for the RBs. Jeff Heath will play a huge role in limiting Kamara.

The defense must create turnovers to win. Dallas must limit the scoring opportunities that Brees has.

Dallas victory 38-24

Keep dreaming. I will bet anything you want we dont win this game.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
We have a chance if the Saints don't pressure Dak. With pressure and a few hits he goes into full "glitch". He even stated he was in shell shock since the Atlanta game. Brees is playing lights out. Brees does't have the glitch.
I see a game where Dak glitches out bad.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This game is going to be won or lost in the redzone. The Cowboys have to get touchdowns. Period. They're not stopping the Saints. They need to slow them down by pounding the rock and getting 7.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
This game is going to be won or lost in the redzone. The Cowboys have to get touchdowns. Period. They're not stopping the Saints. They need to slow them down by pounding the rock and getting 7.
I agree that Dallas has to score TDs in the redzone. I would love to see 4 long sustained drives that yield TDs. I want the Dallas offense to grind down the Saints.