Cowboys book reveals Jerry Jones is 'averse to starting over with a new coach'

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
makes me sick..

even if all of the excuses he's had over the years (Romo hurt, no defensive talent, etc.) are legit
even if for whatever reason Garrett really is a good head coach

eventually your message, your philosophy, your presence becomes stale. and even moreso when you don't produce results. even though your players might completely buy in, when you fail to produce eventually they will stop buying in

it's time to move on from Garrett, he has proven jack squat and has 0 skins on the wall after 8 years

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
No surprise. That's why it will only take a bad season for things to change. A mediocre season or better will only validate in Jerry's eyes, that we are "taking a step in the right direction."
As long as we win enough, Garrett will stay. It's a very low bar.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This just sounds like someone's opinion. We all have one and just because he put his on paper doesn't make it anymore valid.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did we not already know he was averse to starting over with a new coach?

Anyway, being averse doesn't mean it will never happen. I think Garrett still will get some leeway this year, but I don't think he is safe no matter what. He has his QB and RB and an up and coming defense, so I think he has to have at least a winning record to keep his job, and maybe even a playoff birth.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
"All he wants to do is win"

Biggest lie ever told.

He'd like to win. He hopes to win.

If it was all he wants, he would sacrifice his own ego and make decisions that make it much more possible.
Winning is closer to the bottom of his priority list than the top, and unfortunately it will remain that way until Jerry takes his last breath.......there's really no need for us to get hyped up about the team until that time..........we're not run like other teams are.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Fans will be lost if Garrett stays. He’d be a fool to waste a year of his more than likely soon to end life on somebody like Garrett

StylisticS

Reaction score
Fans will be lost if Garrett stays. He’d be a fool to waste a year of his more than likely soon to end life on somebody like Garrett
Yeah it would be foolish if he brings Garrett back if they finish the season at or below .500. There are no words of optimism he can share that would get us to believe they are on the right pathand we will be successful in 2019. He is delusional if he believes we are that dumb.

cern

Reaction score
His best chance of winning is to hire a coach who knows how to win.

JayFord

Reaction score
Does Weeden still throw the prettiest pass in the NFL?

Weeden throws a beautiful ball and has an absolute cannon for an arm

Accuracy though.....well thats another story

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
"All he wants to do is win"

Biggest lie ever told.

He'd like to win. He hopes to win.

If it was all he wants, he would sacrifice his own ego and make decisions that make it much more possible.

Jerry wins the SB of sports franchise owners every year. Reigning champion for years now.

I'm sure he'd like another Lombardi Trophy too, but that's just the cherry on top.

cern

Reaction score
When he had a great coach, jimmy, he won. All the rest of the time he hasn't. Think he could connect the dots.