Cowboys book reveals Jerry Jones is 'averse to starting over with a new coach'

sulu1701

Reaction score
The Cowboys and the Knicks follow the same philosophy, as long as the seats are filled, winning is not important, and Uncle Jed is very comfortable with JG
vGQYcew.gif

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Some reasons why senile Jerrah hates change :
  • fear of the unknown - when you are standing on a precipice and looking into a chasm where you cannot see the bottom, you fear taking that first step.

• fear of stepping outside of your comfort zone - most people gravitate towards the things that make them feel the most comfortable, or the familiar. Stepping outside of the comfort zone is risky for those who like their warm cozy space.

• fear of popular opinion - many people think that they know what the popular cultural opinion is about a certain subject, but I think that they would be surprised if they knew what people were really thinking. Many people are afraid to voice their real opinions, and they are afraid to stand out in the crowd if they take an action that the mainstream society might think of as being different

• habits - people are stuck in their habits and sometimes don’t know how to break free of them

• age - sometimes people rationalize not changing because they think that they are too old to make changes or too tired to fight the shock waves those changes might create (I can say this because I have reached that certain age when people often get mired in this kind of thinking)

• fear of risks involved - sometimes there are dangers or risks involved in changes which can mean losing family, friends, possessions, physical safety, etc.

ESisback

Reaction score
"All he wants to do is win"

Biggest lie ever told.

He'd like to win. He hopes to win.

If it was all he wants, he would sacrifice his own ego and make decisions that make it much more possible.

I’d throw you a “like” the same way 20 other people did, because I agree. But oddly, I’m kinda stuck, because Moose should know better than any of us.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I have been trying to tell people this for years, but to no avail. Jerry is 75 years old. He wants to win a Super Bowl before he goes, and he does not want to start over with another coach and rebuild. The Garretts are personal friends of the Jones family. Jim Garrett was a scout with the Cowboys for years.

I'll take it a step further. Jerry Jones will pass away before Jason Garrett is fired as coach. Only an Act of God (literally) or an absolutely abysmal 3-13 season would get Garrett fired.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry's Team Jerry's RULES....the victims are us who continue to financially and spiritually give our support year in and year out with the end result being a major Snow Job.....Garrett is just another piece on the Jerry daily chess board of living his dream owning and running his favorite Toy our Cowboys...and the sad part is Stephen is next to play (GM) with the Toy then another Jones jeez its like a Kingship Empire where Blood not qualifications count on who's the GM of the franchise.......anyway.....My compliments to all of you Cowboy brothers as we continue to bleed for the Star we love so dearly love even in the face of such inept leadership at the helm.....Viva....
Hurry up and pack your bags, Pappydog! I've got you a free greyhound bus ticket out of misery ol' Big D and headed straight to the next big thing... the Texicants! I hear they are looking for salty fans! lol

IMG]

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I guess I am stupid because it truly is surprising to me that he really doesn’t know much about football or more specifically managing a team and it’s on the field operations.

I do assume(incorrectly)filthy rich people must be relatively smart in any area they claim to be an expert.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact Jerry is averse to firing Garret and starting over is pretty obvious. If he didn't fire him after 3 straight 8-8 seasons or following a 13-3 season with a 4-12 season, he's never going to.......... 1 playoff win in 7 seasons.

Stephen may have more influence, but Jerry still makes the final decisions. It took a lot of lobbying to get rid of Dez, i'm not sure Stephen is as passionate about getting rid of Garret.

Brax

Reaction score

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I have been trying to tell people this for years, but to no avail. Jerry is 75 years old. He wants to win a Super Bowl before he goes, and he does not want to start over with another coach and rebuild. The Garretts are personal friends of the Jones family. Jim Garrett was a scout with the Cowboys for years.

I'll take it a step further. Jerry Jones will pass away before Jason Garrett is fired as coach. Only an Act of God (literally) or an absolutely abysmal 3-13 season would get Garrett fired.
I sincerely hope not because I think Jerry has at least another 20 years left in him.

cern

Reaction score
Hey, but it's cool though right, guys? Jerry doesn't run the team anymore remember?

He's going to be so pissed when Stephen and Will McClay decide to make a coaching change.
no he won't. he knows it's long overdue. he knows it's time will mcclay and Stephen put their stamp on the team. jerry's greatness weakness is his immense loyalty to certain individuals.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
I guess I am stupid because it truly is surprising to me that he really doesn’t know much about football or more specifically managing a team and it’s on the field operations.

I do assume(incorrectly)filthy rich people must be relatively smart in any area they claim to be an expert.

No, he’s a moron, a victim of a runaway ego, misinformation, alcohol abuse, and stupidity, who doesn’t care about winning! He became a billionaire through sheer dumb luck! He’s incapable of learning or evolving. Adolph Hitler and Forrest Gump had a baby.

cern

Reaction score

owning a team is an investment for the billionaire boy's club. you pony up a few billion dollars for the team. the team makes a billion a year from revenues. quick roi. you want a new stadium? the city of choice will pony up big money. it will give you tax abatements. the league ponies up. you make a fortune off private suite sales. all that is required is the vision to see the financial potential of ownership. Vanderbilt wasn't a railroad engineer. but he saw the profit of a railway system. Carnegie didn't work in the forges. but he knew the profit of steel. jerry's problem is he gets involved in minutia like hiring coaches. that is best left to others.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, he’s a moron, a victim of a runaway ego, misinformation, alcohol abuse, and stupidity, who doesn’t care about winning! He became a billionaire through sheer dumb luck! He’s incapable of learning or evolving. Adolph Hitler and Forrest Gump had a baby.

When did Jerry sleep with your wife?