Cowboys Break OTA: Jaylon “Doesn’t Look Good Right Now”

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They noted that since he’s had offseason wrist injury it’s probably played into slowing him down but they still feel “he does not look as fluid as he has in the past”. They sounded pretty disappointed and said it was “refreshing” to see the difference between him and Parsons. Hopefully he gets going by week 1 because if not he’s outta here in 2022.

It’s around the 10:20 mark btw.

Jaylon's fluidity peaked in 2018. His leg ain't right.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
It's the same ones that gives Sean "DNP" Lee all the praise in the world for his "often injured never dependable" 10 year career that could barely muster up 2 pro bowls while robbing i mean playing for Dallas. LVE will take the place of the Lee apologist until management is ready to bite to bullet from drafting this kid in the first round.

Saw a Keanu Neal interview at OTAs recently said that Jaylon Smith rarely came off the field during 1st team reps, and looked great out there. I rather take the word from a player that's actually out there in the linebacker room oppose to analysts who looked like they've never had their hand in the dirt past JV or giving off vibes like she was left "on read".

Lee also took a very team-friendly contract. He also had a chance to play in a final game several years ago that would have payed him an extra 2 million dollars but he decided not it because he felt he didn't earn it.

I don't know many players who would have gave up that kind of money when it was there for the taking. Also, Lee played hard on every down. I get the injury thing, it was frustrating for all the fans as well as Lee.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I can't at all figure out how the leg wasn't a problem in 2018.

Or what is ever going on w that dude for that matter.

I think in 2018 Jaylon was still playing with the foot orthotic, then took it off in 2019. His leg probably never recovered to full function in 2018, and then playing on it w/o the orthotic ground it down so it regressed from more stress than it could handle.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think in 2018 Jaylon was still playing with the foot orthotic, then took it off in 2019. His leg probably never recovered to full function in 2018, and then playing on it w/o the orthotic ground it down so it regressed from more stress than it could handle.
Could very well be.

Maybe that explains why he guesses so much and tries to convince everyone watching that all is fine.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Could very well be.

Maybe that explains why he guesses so much and tries to convince everyone watching that all is fine.

I find the news coverage of Jaylon weird. And not just from the team. Sportscasters make off hand references to the leg not being right, but there is never a real discussion of it, or questions to Jaylon or the team.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
I'd rather judge him on the field of play. Who cares if he is flying around right now if he stinks week 1??

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He told everyone he no longer was wearing it in the offseason before the 2018 season.

bewp7

Reaction score
this is a logical thing!

if a player is not good it does make good sense that they would not look good

jaylon is not good and i cant wait until it make sense $$$ wise to cut him. as long as he is on the team his contract make it so the coaching feel pressure to play him and i also hate he is a leader in the locker room because i believe he is a crap leader. i do not know if that is true but i believe it base on the personality he is shwoing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They noted that since he’s had offseason wrist injury it’s probably played into slowing him down but they still feel “he does not look as fluid as he has in the past”. They sounded pretty disappointed and said it was “refreshing” to see the difference between him and Parsons. Hopefully he gets going by week 1 because if not he’s outta here in 2022.

It’s around the 10:20 mark btw.

When has he ever looked good? Glad we drafted Parsons and Cox.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
this is a logical thing!

if a player is not good it does make good sense that they would not look good

jaylon is not good and i cant wait until it make sense $$$ wise to cut him. as long as he is on the team his contract make it so the coaching feel pressure to play him and i also hate he is a leader in the locker room because i believe he is a crap leader. i do not know if that is true but i believe it base on the personality he is shwoing.

other teams have no problem getting rid of underperforming players. And take the cap hit. Gurley , Goff, Wentz just recently… Cap hit don’t matter to me.. if a better player is on the roster. Cut bait.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When has he ever looked good? Glad we drafted Parsons and Cox.

Jaylon looked good in 2018. Or at least he was looking *better* in terms of movement, and we were always judging his movement quality based on the obvious impairment he had when he started playing again.
And then his movement quality started regressing in 2019.