Cowboys Break OTA: Jaylon “Doesn’t Look Good Right Now”

J_Allen

Reaction score
It's his "lack of reality" that bothers me. Especially on the field. I've never seen a player get excited after EVERY play, no matter how bad it was and most of his were down the field 4+ yards. I'll never get it...

I think that's the problem. He's never lived in reality. Go to his Facebook page and look at the collage he posted. Why Jerry would ever give him such an enormous contract is beyond words.

I think it's hitting home with him now and that's why he's having such a hard time in OTAs.

I hope we can get rid of him in June but I won't hold my breath.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So this is my understanding of the Jaylon

They hate Jaylon's swipe.......LVE had the wolf howl.
They hate Jaylon's play.....LVE was even worse last year.
They hate that Jaylon looks injured....LVE can't even get on the field.

Its really mind boggling....

Hates Romo....claims RGIII balled-out last year

Shuddup.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
DLaw, J.Smith, T.Hill, or JLew?

Crawford isn't here anymore, so everyone needs a new whipping dog on defense. Who you got?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LVE looked like a monster in 2018, did more than Jaylon on his best day but the facts are there. LVE is a very high health risk. It's just not worth it. I think everyone sees the writing on the wall at this point. Jaylon << LVE << Anyone new... They are re-vamping the LB corp, might take a couple seasons..like you said both of them are gone and arguing over who is better is a waste of time.
Both LVE and Jaylon played well in 2018. Wolf Hunter was a little better. After that season it was talk we had the best young linebacker core in the league. Don’t get it twisted though LVE was no Darius Leonard. Once the Rams exposed our defense in the playoffs neither Jaylon or LVE were the same. It’s funny how you guys talk about LVE 2018 and act like Jaylon did nothing.:rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Too aggressive while taking bad angles, and trys to act like he is great. He sucks.

not one of our LBS looked good last year..it had more to do with scheme and horrible DL to say he sux is ridiculous statement..

he had bad year like most of our defense. Like saying Zeke sux yet not mentioning the 3rd string OL , playing with 3 backup qbs, recovering from covid and playing through injuries'..oh and when does playing from 2-3 scores down with pass happy OC lend to a good run game??

sometimes there are valid reasons for a player having an off year..

Maybe DQ will find better way to utilize JS , he is Pro football player and doesnt suck, just in need of batter scheme fit and coaching..weve seen good Jaylon and Lve and last year even Lee looked bad..

so lets take break from the player sux narratives..

blueblood70

Reaction score
In 2018 Jaylon stopped Watson during a goal line stand when he tracked him sideline to sideline. He did the same thing with Kamara during the Saints game. Jaylon was the spy on Russell Wilson during the playoff game during the Seattle game. Jaylon played like one of the top 6 linebackers in the league that year. He had no issues with cutting or have a hitch in his run. 3 years later he cannot catch Kyler Murray or cover the WFT slow running back in the flat. Something is wrong and it’s not that he does not work hard.

its not his foot like i said its confidence and bad reaction to plays ie not reading plays well , saw all three of out LBS do that last year including Lee..there are deeper reasons and add in horrible middle of the dl..ill give then all a mulligan and see how 2021 goes..

his cap # says we are stuck with him this season anyway and maybe DQ will get the best out of him..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I'm ready to flush both and go with the rookies. Keanu Reeves can supplement them.

I never liked Vander Sloot. I have too much respect for the Holloways and that bus gave off a creepy Partridge family vibe.

Sydla

Reaction score
They noted that since he’s had offseason wrist injury it’s probably played into slowing him down but they still feel “he does not look as fluid as he has in the past”. They sounded pretty disappointed and said it was “refreshing” to see the difference between him and Parsons. Hopefully he gets going by week 1 because if not he’s outta here in 2022.

It’s around the 10:20 mark btw.

His leg is probably just getting worse.

He’ll be cut next offseason.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Listen to the whole thing, Dave shoots back at Nick and Amber. saying Smith looked no different than Parsons. Amber doesn't know what she's looking at, and hates Jaylon with a passion.

If Smith, in fact, looks no different than Parsons, then that does not bode well for Parsons. Yes, it is very early but I would think Parsons would show much quicker and faster than a lumbering Jaylon.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
------I disagree. He was quite fluid when hitting the wrong hole.

That spin move he made against the Bengals to take on a invisible ball carrier was epic....never seen anything quite like that play...probably never will again.

I missed that one. Would be nice if someone could post a video of it.