Cowboys By No Means Out on Earl Thomas

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Some of you are acting like the team is cheap. They have a cap to worry about, it could be a decision like choosing between a 30 year old injury prone safety or someone like Jaylon Smith when his contract is up.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
If they’re thinking about paying ET $14 mil, I think I’d rather they go after Thornhill in the draft. He’s probably not going to light it up his rookie year but I think he’d be better than Heath.

Carson

Reaction score
Some of you are acting like the team is cheap. They have a cap to worry about, it could be a decision like choosing between a 30 year old injury prone safety or someone like Jaylon Smith when his contract is up.

Come on.

Eagles still have to sign Wentz long term. Had 15 million in cap to start the day. Resigned Peters for around 7 million, Malik Jackson for 10 mill per year and just picked up DeSean Jackson for 13 a year.

It’s not hard to make it work

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If they’re thinking about paying ET $14 mil, I think I’d rather they go after Thornhill in the draft. He’s probably not going to light it up his rookie year but I think he’d be better than Heath.

We’re constantly chasing our tail relying on rookies to be the difference makers from the previous season.

Building strictly through the draft has gotten us nowhere.

It’s time to stop ignoring the success Free Agency is bringing some of these teams making it to the Super Bowl.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I've never seen taxes play out in negotiations as a deciding factor.
If that were the case the Cowboys,Mavericks and Rangers would be #1 on every free agents list.

I would think people would prefer florida with all things being equal. Miami or San Antonio? ehh....

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Come on.

Eagles still have to sign Wentz long term. Had 15 million in cap to start the day. Resigned Peters for around 7 million, Malik Jackson for 10 mill per year and just picked up DeSean Jackson for 13 a year.

It’s not hard to make it work

Eagles will make it work short term, but they will be in cap hell before Wentz is even up for renewal. I mean, if they think they have the team to win another SB, why not, go for it. But they will pay for it in 2022 and on. Cowboys are less risk averse, but our drafting is so good and consistent since 2012, what can you do but sign your own

Carson

Reaction score
Eagles will make it work short term, but they will be in cap hell before Wentz is even up for renewal. I mean, if they think they have the team to win another SB, why not, go for it. But they will pay for it in 2022 and on. Cowboys are less risk averse, but our drafting is so good and consistent since 2012, what can you do but sign your own

I’d still much rather have a super bowl than a few playoff wins!!!

Not taking shots at you or trying to come off as a jerk! Just spouting off haha

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Read a blurb on Rotoworld that Thomas is looking for a 2 year $30 million contract.

In light of the Landon Collins deal earlier today, I'd pay that money in a heartbeat.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Lets give ET 2/$28M. And incentives to earn $2M more for the season.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Didn’t know the Cowboys were the only team with a cap. Must be why other teams still sign their own and identify free agents that can make an impact.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Reports are ET wants 2yr, $30 million.

I would do that in a heartbeat compared to these other offers safeties are getting.

Of course cheap arse Steven Jones won’t even think about.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Reports are ET wants 2yr, $30 million.

I would do that in a heartbeat compared to these other offers safeties are getting.

Of course cheap arse Steven Jones won’t even think about.
Short deal when the Cowboys have the flexibility makes perfect sense. We will find out if they are serious about going after a super bowl or just keep being cheap and keep status quo.