Cowboys By No Means Out on Earl Thomas

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Earl is now following John Lynch of the 49ers...…………..is this an early sign or a negotiation tactic?

If we trot Heath back out there again...…………….wow...…………..unreal:facepalm:

slick325

Reaction score
Get your money ET! Landon Collins isn't the player ET is, so Thomas is justified in asking for more guaranteed money and a higher AAV.

If Dallas wants him and thinks he could be the Charles Haley addition that will give the defense attitude, playmaking and championship pedigree, then find a way to pay him money early in the deal. That way, Dallas can get out of the deal in 2 or 3yrs.

If not, then it is what it is.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So we piss away millions on AARP guys that are players-coaches, but we wont go higher than $10 mill for ET?

Got to think this is going to be a tank year, no other explanation for this level of incompetence.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Earl is now following John Lynch of the 49ers...…………..is this an early sign or a negotiation tactic?

If we trot Heath back out there again...…………….wow...…………..unreal:facepalm:

there are other options other than ET to replace Heath but Stephen is too cheap.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Thomas is nowhere near AB and his issues with management was not getting a deal done sooner with him.

It's the same crap people don't understand about the AB situation either - this all comes down to players looking out for their future, so of course when they lose out on guaranteed money or they don't have that anymore, they will make a fuss and want to go somewhere they can get it.

Exactly my point. We sign ET and the first time JG doesn’t give him something, he’ll blow up.

No thanks.

The dude has ZERO loyalty to a team, other than a pay check, and zero respect for the chain of command.

Remember when he was crying for a job outside our locker after the Hawks game in 17?!?

If he will do that to the Hawks, he would do it to us.

Carson

Reaction score
If anybody still expects us to sign Thomas they aren’t paying much attention sadly

In other words ... he gone

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Exactly my point. We sign ET and the first time JG doesn’t give him something, he’ll blow up.

No thanks.

The dude has ZERO loyalty to a team, other than a pay check, and zero respect for the chain of command.

Remember when he was crying for a job outside our locker after the Hawks game in 17?!?

If he will do that to the Hawks, he would do it to us.

LOL dude, that's not what I am saying.

We'd have Thomas (which will be the last contract of his career) that will have enough guaranteed money. That's what matters here - that's why Thomas was upset, he wanted a contract as a safety net in case he got injured. Seattle didn't get it done, so he was angry.

He'd be fine here. Stop pretending this dude was some locker room cancer.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Earl wants 14M per yr range.

Dallas looking for him to drop to 8-10M.

Per Jane Slater

:facepalm:

Can we not give him a huge signing bonus instead? Can Dallas not stretch that cap hit out over future seasons and keep his base pay at around the $10 million range?

I'm embarrassed to say I'm still a bit "salary cap stupid" after all these years; but I have a feeling the Cowboys can make this happen if they really wanted to.