Cowboys By No Means Out on Earl Thomas

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Doit. Make it incentive based. Pro bowl , interceptions. Playoff wins, Super Bowl, games played. Whatever. We need this guy.

Carson

Reaction score
This is why the Cowboys are still in. Because thats not the price he's getting. Word is Thomas is getting offers less then the 13mil Berry got. Like i said KC was desperate not to let him walk.

I hope so @LatinMind

Would make us a monster DT from an elite defense

Doit. Make it incentive based. Pro bowl , interceptions. Playoff wins, Super Bowl. Whatever. We need this guy.

Problem is, Earl is going to want guaranteed money. We can’t make him take an incentive based deal, if others are willing to toss out guaranteed money!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We better be all in.

Do we want to have a better team or save Jerry and Stephen some more money?

I guess Jerry and Stephen need the fans to explain winning teams have more money making potential...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I believe it comes down to Thomas or Frank Clark. If they pay, they are going to pay Clark. They have around 33-40 million in cap this year. If they lock up Clark, rookies and a couple of FAs they may not want to spend it all.

Really?

I thought Thomas was the best in Pro Football?!?

Seahawks must not think so.

Carson

Reaction score
Really?

I cannot speak for them because I am not a part of the Seahawks front office nor a Seahawk fan.

Just tossing my two cents on a possible reason.

They also have Tedric Thompson on a rookie deal. Could have something to do with it

GenoT

Reaction score
He’s a free agent and he wants to leave Seattle, and aseattle doesnt want to pay the price to sign him again anyway.
30yo in May, coming off a broken leg (?) and wants a high-guarantee / multi-year deal.

Please explain why, if Seattle — with more knowledge of his current abilities and health than anyone — doesn’t want him, why should we “pay the price”...?

JayFord

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is this

There’s some good safties coming out in free agency

Why can other teams just sign people and we can’t? We can’t roll with what we have

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Really?

It’s called money and cap space. They can’t pay every member of the legion of boom $15 a year.

So do you want to keep Bobby Wagner and Frank Clark or do you keep Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman?

Seattle obviously decided the former over the latter.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
30yo in May, coming off a broken leg (?) and wants a high-guarantee / multi-year deal.

Please explain why, if Seattle — with more knowledge of his current abilities and health than anyone — doesn’t want him, why should we “pay the price”...?

The broken leg is meaningless, ligaments are fine. Your bones don't deteriorate at 30.....

Safeties can play at a high level until they are 34-35. And this isn't complicated, Thomas wants out of Seattle - did you not see him flip them off on national TV?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The broken leg is meaningless, ligaments are fine. Your bones don't deteriorate at 30.....

Safeties can play at a high level until they are 34-35. And this isn't complicated, Thomas wants out of Seattle - did you not see him flip them off on national TV?
Exactly

Teams typically don’t pay millions of dollars to players who flip them off on national tv.

lol